How to make money, and thus go abroad

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 29th, 2013, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Blue Murder wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:I have to be, you give me too much credit though. I stay up too late and don't get a chance to go to WorkSource for example...

At 41 (I'll be 42 in August) I don't think I can afford to wait to find the right woman to marry. For example, because Mark had two previous relationships and I'm positive that is why Anna didn't mind the large age gap, he was in no hurry to have more children and she was unsure if she wanted to have children.

If I expect the more typical 10-12 year age difference, that puts my potential wife at age 29-31. I was encouraged by K1 takes no more than 5-6 months now if your paperwork is in order. The other dilemma is find a Western European, back door the system or going the K1 route. Pricing is about the same, however back-dooring the system means much less wait, in fact she can be here while all the legalese is sorted out. I think its important to get her status straighten out as I believe being a US citizen is still highly valuable, especially if she's a CIS citizen with basically only a free pass to countries the US is hostile too. If she's from the EU, no problem I want an EU passport and we'll find a way to do that.

At the end of the day I want OPTIONS.
And what 'options' would someone with no job or other types of income have to visit a country for say, a week?
How you even going get on the airplane without any funds?

Having done Europe before and spent about $5k or so, I know I can do it for 1/2 that or less. I spent too much on hotels and chasing p***y...

I choose not to work in the United States. Health Care even though it was upheld does not go into effect until 2014. There is no hiring unless you want a health care related service sector job or food services (because of high turnover). IT the field I choose is full of reduced wages immigrants from Asia (China and India).

I have't quite figured out what I am going to do overseas, but I'll have something in mind by the time I go.

The option I was talking about was to live or visit places that the US is hostile too. An EU passport allows this, say Cuba for example. Also being married to a local automatically allows you to work, you don't need any work visa or anything. I prefer to marry a European woman so that works out just fine for me.

By us both having US and EU passports we can live pretty much anywhere we want. That is the option I am looking for.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I don't like the idea of going abroad for menial jobs. I prefer working one's ass off for a couple of decades in the US, investing in real estate, stocks, and foreign CD accounts (some offer 15 percent interest rates), as a basis. This way, you can ensure you have a nest egg for your retirement, and resources for your local family without having to work much (if at all) while abroad.

By going overseas to teach English or something is to waste the time when you could be ensuring yourself a retirement of affluence instead of toil and deprivation.
The key was foreign CD accounts, you are not going to get 15% from an American Banking Institution. The Fed by keeping the Fed Interest Rate low (about 1%) you get 1% on CD's, that is called penalizing savers. This causes people to pursue risky investments and then watch JPM loose $2 Billion and counting or MF Global steal physical Gold and Silver Certificates.

All the other possible investments for the average person are terrible right now (inside the US).

The problem with your contention is that you assume I am a younger man. For younger men this might be a good option other than the terrible ROI on investment in America. For myself, can't wait any longer, I am not going to be 45 still single. God Forbid be 50 years old and still single.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ErikHeaven wrote:Poker, seems hard.
Its not hard, you can learn online and play without risking real money to get better. Much of it is about bluffing...

I used to bet on College and Pro Football. I do pretty well at it actually and may finally try to do it. I have several ideas, we'll see what happens.