Experienced software engineers in demand somewhere?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Applying for jobs right now. Geeks are in high demand. Any geeks who want to be HA should just work for 3-5 years and stockpile cash and buy assets like property and income producing stocks.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
JollyBengali
Freshman Poster

Re: Experienced software engineers in demand somewhere?

Post by JollyBengali »

I also work as a software engineer, with 8 years of experience, and am also curious about the experiences of other people in IT/programming.

I am doing software development for a big company, and once I get promoted to the next level, I should have the option to request a transfer to an office in another country. That is my eventual plan. There was another company I had worked for before with excellent travel abroad opportunities, but unfortunately I was fired before I had the chance to get an assignment in another country. These tech companies have significantly large development offices in China/India.

While software engineering positions in America attract very few women, the few women who do work in these positions at the bigger companies are pretty much all immigrants from Europe/India/Asia. So, if you're lucky, you may not even need to go abroad, but can find a good FOB girl at your workplace.

I've often wondered if Japan is a good place for finding work in technology, as the country is obsessed with high-tech gadgets and robotics, although it seems like it would be difficult for a foreigner to find work there.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Experienced software engineers in demand somewhere?

Post by chanta76 »

What programming language do you know?