Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Germany offering generous package to those want study/work

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Germany offering generous package to those want study/work

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:34 am

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby germanguy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 am

haha :lol:

the great "Germany has no skilled workers" myth ... this was debunked so many times and still brought up time and time again. I wonder why ...
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Mr.Darcy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

does it offer it to americans
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:02 pm

If I wasn't so interested in Asia (since I'm Asian American), I would've seriously considered Germany as one of the countries to expatriate to... It's a lovely place to live and work-in, although quite expensive, but think of all the benefits you get that you would normally not receive in the United States such as: free healthcare, free college education, paid-apprenticeship training, and month-long vacations, etc...German women are a bit better than their American counterparts--but still very snobbish and feminist for the most part. I would prefer to date Easter Europeans if I had to chance to live in Germany...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:23 pm

germanguy wrote:haha :lol:

the great "Germany has no skilled workers" myth ... this was debunked so many times and still brought up time and time again. I wonder why ...

Why is it a myth? As I understand it, its a scheme to get skilled workers but pay them less than native Germans. The same thing America has been doing since WWII.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Mr.Darcy wrote:does it offer it to americans

Why not? I sent you information about studying overseas did you READ any of it????
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Germany offering generous package to those want study/wo

Postby jamesbond » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:36 pm

djfourmoney wrote:http://www.expatforum.com/germany/germany-offers-overseas-youngsters-generous-package-to-study-and-work.html

Thanks for the information djfourmoney, Germany is one country I am seriously interested in relocating to. It has the strongest economy in Europe and it is a far better place to live if your a single man than the US is.

Workers in Germany get 6 weeks paid vacation a year and 12 paid holidays! That alone makes me want to move to Germany right now! :D

Another thing I love about Germany is that prostitution is legal and cheap, the average price is only 60 euros (which is $ 72 American dollars).

I watch House Hunters International all the time and have seen several episodes of people buying homes and condo's in Germany. Berlin Germany from the research I have done is the least expensive big city to live in, in all of Europe.

One episode of House Hunters International, had a guy buy a one bedroom condo in downtown Berlin for the equivalent of only $99,000 American dollars. Compare that to Chicago where I live, a one bedroom condo downtown costs a minimum of $ 200,000! :shock:

I can't wait to check out Berlin, Germany is looking better and better to me every day! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad