Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Studying in France? Any tips?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Studying in France? Any tips?

Postby PamelaGip » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 am

Hello all,

I am Pamela from Lisbon, Portugal and I decided to continue my studies abroad my country.. I have researched many places like Germany, France , UK, Austria, Swiss and even in Spain but as i saw the best conditions to study and work for a student like me is France... So I want to start my semester soon, does anyone here have any experiences on studyin in France? What do you I need? Is there any problem with my school certificate? What is cost living there? And in Paris or any other city.

Thanks for your time

Pamela Gipson
Life is what happens to you while you are looking to your smartphone....
PamelaGip
Freshman Poster

Re: Studying in France? Any tips?

Postby zboy1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:16 am

PamelaGip wrote:Hello all,

I am Pamela from Lisbon, Portugal and I decided to continue my studies abroad my country.. I have researched many places like Germany, France , UK, Austria, Swiss and even in Spain but as i saw the best conditions to study and work for a student like me is France... So I want to start my semester soon, does anyone here have any experiences on studyin in France? What do you I need? Is there any problem with my school certificate? What is cost living there? And in Paris or any other city.

Thanks for your time

Pamela Gipson

I never studied in France, but I did visit the country a couple of times when I was in Europe. From my experiences, France is a pretty expensive country--especially around Paris.

It's is a very expensive city to live in...Can you afford to study and live there on your income? Doesn't France heavily subsidize university tuition, unlike the United States?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HarutoAbe » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:48 pm

In my opinion France is just great place to be, one of the best Europe countries, a friend of mine last year got a scholarship on studying in France, we talk with each other everyday and he is satisfied with University services in general.
Students who starts to study in France university are very exposed to the great French culture in their student life, many of universities require to know B2 level language.. You can really enjoy life in France as a student, you have chance to stay connected to the world with the wifi access without paying any penny.

I did a research over internet for costs and living in France, hope forum allows this even if I am new member but I just want to help you because my friend was in your situation last year : www.studying-in-france.org/
Hope I helped you! Feel free to share with me your thoughts I will be able to contact with my friend for your questions.
You can't live a positive life, with an negative mind.
HarutoAbe
Freshman Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad