Studying in France? Any tips?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
PamelaGip
Freshman Poster

Studying in France? Any tips?

Post by PamelaGip »

Hello all,

I am Pamela from Lisbon, Portugal and I decided to continue my studies abroad my country.. I have researched many places like Germany, France , UK, Austria, Swiss and even in Spain but as i saw the best conditions to study and work for a student like me is France... So I want to start my semester soon, does anyone here have any experiences on studyin in France? What do you I need? Is there any problem with my school certificate? What is cost living there? And in Paris or any other city.

Thanks for your time

Pamela Gipson
Life is what happens to you while you are looking to your smartphone....

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Studying in France? Any tips?

Post by zboy1 »

PamelaGip wrote:Hello all,

I am Pamela from Lisbon, Portugal and I decided to continue my studies abroad my country.. I have researched many places like Germany, France , UK, Austria, Swiss and even in Spain but as i saw the best conditions to study and work for a student like me is France... So I want to start my semester soon, does anyone here have any experiences on studyin in France? What do you I need? Is there any problem with my school certificate? What is cost living there? And in Paris or any other city.

Thanks for your time

Pamela Gipson
I never studied in France, but I did visit the country a couple of times when I was in Europe. From my experiences, France is a pretty expensive country--especially around Paris.

It's is a very expensive city to live in...Can you afford to study and live there on your income? Doesn't France heavily subsidize university tuition, unlike the United States?
HarutoAbe
Freshman Poster

Post by HarutoAbe »

In my opinion France is just great place to be, one of the best Europe countries, a friend of mine last year got a scholarship on studying in France, we talk with each other everyday and he is satisfied with University services in general.
Students who starts to study in France university are very exposed to the great French culture in their student life, many of universities require to know B2 level language.. You can really enjoy life in France as a student, you have chance to stay connected to the world with the wifi access without paying any penny.

I did a research over internet for costs and living in France, hope forum allows this even if I am new member but I just want to help you because my friend was in your situation last year : www.studying-in-france.org/
Hope I helped you! Feel free to share with me your thoughts I will be able to contact with my friend for your questions.
You can't live a positive life, with an negative mind.
ryanharrison
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanharrison »

Hi, just in case anyone is still looking at this post - there's a great new guide - http://lovefrance.info/complete-study-in-france-guide/ - that covers this topic here.
ryanharrison
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanharrison »

Just in case anyone is coming here, there is a new guide that could help you with all the practical information you need: http://www.lovefrance.info/complete-stu ... nce-guide/. Best of luck.