Freelance SEO writing, my story...

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

It's Coming Together

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Many months ago I claimed I was done with this board, but this is exactly the kind of thread HA needs. I remember seeing recently thread where someone was parroting the usual, you need $40K saved up and have some property to rent out before you head abroad. They spoke of how foolish it would be to have a couple grand in your pocket and just do it. Well, that's exactly what I did. I am still here, abroad, over five years later, living a great life.

I was inspired by someone who sold all they owned, had $2K in their pocket and took off to the Phils. I did the same thing, but with only $1400 after buying a laptop. I started out doing exactly what GenYguy is doing. Writing for $30 per article may sound cheap, and it is if you have written for magazines making $500 per article before, but if you write 1-2 cheap articles per day you are making more than enough to live great in the Phils. That's how I started, writing cheap articles by day and partying it up by night.

GenYguy made it clear. If he can do it, anyone can do it. If you really want to get out, first you need to get out of the Matrix! All this talk about jobs skills, college, marketability etc. is fine if you want to stay in the US and work for the man until you're old. If you really want to get out, try something different. I knew a guy making money with a website about CEMENT. The net is vast and infinite.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
navigator
Freshman Poster

Re: It's Coming Together

Post by navigator »

GenYguy wrote:Starting from nothing, I am now making money in the hundreds of dollars.. If I was living in the Philippines now I could be supporting myself from SEO writing. It's unbelievable how relatively quickly this happened. Anyone that's on the fence, just do it. If I can do it, anyone can do it.
Good work. Your story is very inspiring. You are obviously very driven and determined to put in the necessary work to make things happen. What makes this thread especially interesting is that readers can follow your progress from the very beginning. A lot of readers, myself included, can relate to your situation when you first created this thread. They can see how much progress you've made and might be inspired to give a try themselves.

Although I will be taking a different path overseas, I am also keeping a record of my progress in my blog (which I will make public a few months after living overseas). Readers could then see how far I've come and hopefully will be inspired.

Good luck with your endeavor!
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

i am from germany so writing articles in english will not work for me though it´s quite interesting that there is a market for that. i heard it a lot on the web. i will try to find out how that works. anyway inspirating stuff.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

20 yr old

Post by targetguy »

8) If I were 20 again and could pass the military exams I would go coast guard or request a place in asia to be stationed. that way you would learn a skill college paid for and live in asia. Trying to make it without any skills or source of income is all but impossible that is why people are going to the usa still. Many driving type jobs that pay ok also if the military isn't for you. Take a look at the difference in salary in usa and asia and there will be no guess work as to why people will do anything to go here not there. People in Europe or japan may not because they maike a comparable salary. If there were any way to immigrate to austrailia that country has great salarys also.
no scammers
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 20 yr old

Post by Cornfed »

targetguy wrote: If there were any way to immigrate to austrailia that country has great salarys also.
Salaries are falling in Australia. The average man hasn't yet been screwed over as much as his counterparts in other Western dystopias, but it is surely coming. Also, much of your earnings would go on rent, as the property market is deliberately propped up and overvalued.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Formula For Writing A 400 Word Article Fast

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Using the 400 word formula with the summaries tool

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Hey, you're not actually trying to earn money by writing the particular posts you are posting here, are you? You're just trying to help us out, right?
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

Cornfed wrote:Hey, you're not actually trying to earn money by writing the particular posts you are posting here, are you? You're just trying to help us out, right?
I'm doing this to help you guys out, and to organize my own thoughts here so I can use this thread as a reference if I ever get stuck. :D
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The_Adventurer wrote:Many months ago I claimed I was done with this board, but this is exactly the kind of thread HA needs. I remember seeing recently thread where someone was parroting the usual, you need $40K saved up and have some property to rent out before you head abroad. They spoke of how foolish it would be to have a couple grand in your pocket and just do it. Well, that's exactly what I did. I am still here, abroad, over five years later, living a great life.

I was inspired by someone who sold all they owned, had $2K in their pocket and took off to the Phils. I did the same thing, but with only $1400 after buying a laptop. I started out doing exactly what GenYguy is doing. Writing for $30 per article may sound cheap, and it is if you have written for magazines making $500 per article before, but if you write 1-2 cheap articles per day you are making more than enough to live great in the Phils. That's how I started, writing cheap articles by day and partying it up by night.

GenYguy made it clear. If he can do it, anyone can do it. If you really want to get out, first you need to get out of the Matrix! All this talk about jobs skills, college, marketability etc. is fine if you want to stay in the US and work for the man until you're old. If you really want to get out, try something different. I knew a guy making money with a website about CEMENT. The net is vast and infinite.
I found another guy with a blog. He was working for UPS and had all the trappings that young men have (large flat screen, all the game systems, toys, went out every weekday/weekend.

He wasn't happy, so he worked out a plan, sold everything, rented a cheap room from some people and started to save. He saved 30K and then took off.

He met some girl in the Philippines and hasn't come back. He was under 30 at the time.

Here's another blog - http://www.neverendingvoyage.com/

I am trying to save, I will let everybody know how I do it in 2014 with redesign my personal blog with my goals and mission statement.

Not counting plane ticket, Plan A is to have around $7K cash, I will disclose how later. Plan B is to take what I can muster in about six months and stay for a slong as I can afford rent/food/basics. I will leave untied ends here, because for one thing, I don't like the used car selection in Brazil and new cars choices are not to my liking (no performance cars) or very expensive (what's available, imported from outside = $$$).

I may do some professional writing as well, we'll see. Bare min is to teach English in Brazil, no degrees or TEFL needed in most cases, demand is super high, only about 5% speaks English.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Hey DJ -- do you think there is as much of a demand for English teachers in Brasil as there is in China? Like, if you have a CELTA, you're pretty much guaranteed to find a decent gig somewhere?

I'd love to see what life is like in a small Brasilian town somewhere away from the big cities... just don't know how much demand there would be for a teacher nessas cidades mais pouco no pais.

In so many ways Brasil seems like such a vast, untouched country for expats... i'm guessing this is due to its rep about violence and cost of living. Better for those of us who love the country for what it is though, i say!

There just might be a ton of HA members there before you know it tho.... we should arrange a get together lol.

How's your Portuguese coming along?
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

By the way... might be a dumb question, but once you get going with SEO writing and you have work, how do you get paid? Do you need to set up a Paypal account, etc...?
Out in the world living the dream!
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Post by GenYguy »

manly5000 wrote:By the way... might be a dumb question, but once you get going with SEO writing and you have work, how do you get paid? Do you need to set up a Paypal account, etc...?
Yeah 99 percent of the time it should be Paypal. All my payments have been through Paypal so far.
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Thank You

Post by GenYguy »

(deleted)
Last edited by GenYguy on February 13th, 2017, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help answer my thread?
viewtopic.php?t=20433