Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Freelance SEO writing, my story...

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Digit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:39 am

20$ for an article is not spectacular and can easily be done on odesk too.
Best of luck man.
Digit
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Just think of it in terms of how much you need per day to make it, and then it won't seem so daunting. So for me, I would between $15 to $30 daily would allow me to live in the Philippines (including having a girlfriend.) The goal of course is to do it sans job, but when you consider it is that little you will need per day, it's very easy. Start at home and build up, until you can move, and then continue (and expand) what you are doing once you get there.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby GenYguy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Digit wrote:20$ for an article is not spectacular and can easily be done on odesk too.
Best of luck man.

Ya thanks man. I plan to move on to Odesk when I got some experience under my belt. Right now, my profile would be pretty sparse. I'd probably get paid less than I deserve, which is why I will just set my own rates and find all the local internet marketing companies which I bank on more because there's already a slight common bond. If Kevin Cole could make $3000 in two months at his rate, then it's doable. I can do it...
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Postby GenYguy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Ghost wrote:Just think of it in terms of how much you need per day to make it, and then it won't seem so daunting. So for me, I would between $15 to $30 daily would allow me to live in the Philippines (including having a girlfriend.) The goal of course is to do it sans job, but when you consider it is that little you will need per day, it's very easy. Start at home and build up, until you can move, and then continue (and expand) what you are doing once you get there.

That's a good way to look at it, so that's about 1-2 articles every day on average. $15 to $30 daily, would that be enough to live in Davao or Cebu? I imagine that wouldn't be enough to live in Manila (at least the parts that aren't the slums). :P
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Voice of Reason » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:39 pm

GenYguy wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:You can LEARN marketable skills. I didn't begin learning marketable skills until my late twenties, and now I make money online. CHOOSE a skill (or skills) and learn it. This page will help:
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/20 ... edentials/

And to begin with, this:
http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners

You don't need excellent writing skills to start to make money. And writing improves with time.

You are an introvert. Use this time to learn the skills. Read as much as you can. Stop playing video games. Stop watching TV.

The fact that you are doing SOMETHING (i.e. An Affiliate site ) is a good sign. If it fails, it only means that you have learned something.

Thanks dude, I haven't watched TV in ages and I haven't played any video games for the last couple months (since that's when school started and I am NOT going to fail a third time).

True, I need to try to look at it positively. If my website fails then I will learn something.

Thanks for the links, I'll check em out.

What other sort of marketable skills can I learn on my own from the internet that will allow me to work from home anywhere?

Check out the sites like Elancer and Feelancer. I wouldn't suggest these sites because you're completing against Indians who will work for $1 an hour, but they give you a good idea of what sort of skills people pay for over the internet.

I suggest you learn Internet Marketing...not only can you apply this to your own business but you can for other businesses. It is a decent learning curve (and I'm still learning it myself) but if you get good at it you can earn decent money...just say you use these skills to increase a companies profits by $10,000 a month and that only takes you 10 hours of work, you can justify asking for $1000 for your services. You are getting paid for the value you provide, not the hours you work.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Postby GenYguy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Voice of Reason wrote:
GenYguy wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:You can LEARN marketable skills. I didn't begin learning marketable skills until my late twenties, and now I make money online. CHOOSE a skill (or skills) and learn it. This page will help:
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/20 ... edentials/

And to begin with, this:
http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners

You don't need excellent writing skills to start to make money. And writing improves with time.

You are an introvert. Use this time to learn the skills. Read as much as you can. Stop playing video games. Stop watching TV.

The fact that you are doing SOMETHING (i.e. An Affiliate site ) is a good sign. If it fails, it only means that you have learned something.

Thanks dude, I haven't watched TV in ages and I haven't played any video games for the last couple months (since that's when school started and I am NOT going to fail a third time).

True, I need to try to look at it positively. If my website fails then I will learn something.

Thanks for the links, I'll check em out.

What other sort of marketable skills can I learn on my own from the internet that will allow me to work from home anywhere?

Check out the sites like Elancer and Feelancer. I wouldn't suggest these sites because you're completing against Indians who will work for $1 an hour, but they give you a good idea of what sort of skills people pay for over the internet.

I suggest you learn Internet Marketing...not only can you apply this to your own business but you can for other businesses. It is a decent learning curve (and I'm still learning it myself) but if you get good at it you can earn decent money...just say you use these skills to increase a companies profits by $10,000 a month and that only takes you 10 hours of work, you can justify asking for $1000 for your services. You are getting paid for the value you provide, not the hours you work.

I already checked out Odesk, Elancer and Feelancer are similar correct? It sounds like it if I'm going to be competing against Indians, lol. I've decided to hone my SEO writing skill. I created my own website specifically for this yesterday under my current hosting plan. Now I have two domains under my plan :D.

Like you say, internet marketing has a big learning curve. Writing articles, less so. I'm going to do something that I know will work for me if I just do the simple work that is writing articles. 1-2 articles a day on average and I could already be living in the Philippines... I just need to write some samples like Kevin did to show potential clients, then I just need to send out a TON of emails and get some bites, Kevin got work with 6 clients from emailing 150 internet marketing companies (they were all local) I'm going to specialize in the travel industry and personal development/dating and business (because these are the things I'll enjoy writing about), this forum is great for finding ideas to write about. :)

Have you earned decent money from internet marketing?
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Postby Digit » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 pm

GenYguy wrote:
Digit wrote:20$ for an article is not spectacular and can easily be done on odesk too.
Best of luck man.

Ya thanks man. I plan to move on to Odesk when I got some experience under my belt. Right now, my profile would be pretty sparse. I'd probably get paid less than I deserve, which is why I will just set my own rates and find all the local internet marketing companies which I bank on more because there's already a slight common bond. If Kevin Cole could make $3000 in two months at his rate, then it's doable. I can do it...

When I started out I put up ANYTHING as portfolio pieces. One thing I used as portfolio was a travel report I wrote for university. So if you have ever written anything you can slap it into a word document and use it as your first portfolio.
Then when you get your first jobs youre actually getting PAID to build up your portfolio ;)

Its true there are lot of bottom feeders on these sites, indians and Philippinos who work for pennys. But they provide shitty work and not everyone wants that. There are lots of clients who are looking for professional, quality writers. So rule #1 never compete on price because you cant compete with these third world people. Position yourself as a professional and a native speaker who produces quality work, this is what Indians and Philippinos cant offer.

Anyway great to see you taking action Im sure you will rock it. Ghost provided a great perspective on this whole game. Just make 20-30 bucks a day and you can live the dream.
Digit
Freshman Poster

Update

Postby GenYguy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:52 am

Bahahahahaha, I've done it! I've found a hot 30 year old wealthy woman in Makati on DIA that would like me to be her sex slave (I am NOT joking, I asked her) :D. She even said in her profile that she has a dominating personality and that she's a faithful lover... score! She's a freelance makeup artist apparently. (Update on this "woman": shortly after I wrote this she confessed that HE was actually a ladyboy lol, so sod that :() I have also found another hot 21 year old woman in Cebu (who has her own job) on DIA who has already fallen in love with me.. lol (I think she's actually genuine, I don't know if that's a good thing or not, lol), and she wants me to stay with her in Cebu (talking to her more today, when I told her I don't want kids right away and she needed to be on the pill, she agreed and said she wanted me to bang her always haha, then she said some other naughty things.. she sounds like a real freak!! :)). I also have a woman lined up in Davao in case the one in Cebu and Makati don't work out and I need a place to stay to save money, lol. I know women be tricky and sometimes liars on the internet, so I am taking these extra precautions and not just relying on one person (making sure I have options). DIA is amazing.. Now I just have to worry about making enough money in the next few months to actually get to the Ph. :) I am almost done with my promotional site which will be where I send the local internet marketing companies to in the emails I'll be sending out. If I play the numbers game and send out about 150 emails, I should get some bites :). I am following the exact same approach Kevin Cole used, so my results should be similar. Philippines, here I come hehehe...

Also, I've worked out a method of writing good articles, more on that later. :)
Last edited by GenYguy on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Starting to have Success

Postby GenYguy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Well it worked. SEO writing is still viable despite what some may say. I have had almost identical results so far as Kevin Cole had about a year ago. I have found about 4 promising clients from 100 emails sent out so far, and I'll be sending more emails out soon. I will soon be writing articles for a living. I have come up with a method of cranking them out in about half an hour for each one 350-500 word article. So I can now make around $40 an hour working from home. I am already making money from this... Now I just need to save up for the plane ticket and travel expenses, and I can move to the Phils in a few months as soon as school is over. I have found a successful and sexy lady from DIA in Makati who will let me move in with her, which will help me save money on living expenses in the Phils. There are still things I want to buy that costs money, like a vasectomy and lasik eye surgery, so any money I can save up for that is my next goal. She is going to pick me up at the airport. :) I will also get to experience a relationship for the first time in my life, which is what I want. I know what I'm getting into here. After I get bored and I'm making more money from my business, I'll move on, get my own place there, and be single again lol. So for now, this thread is done.

Guys, if I can do it, anyone can do it. If you can write coherent English, you can write articles. You saw where I started, the problems I had, and where I'm headed now. http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners If you follow everything in that STEP BY STEP, and put in the work (the hardest part isn't making the website or writing your samples, the hardest part is sending out all those emails, it is work) you will get results, no doubt! The key is sending out emails to companies and clients in your area, and you have a better shot of finding work that way. I still have more emails to send out, and more money to make!

If you want more details on how I write articles quickly, pm me.

SEO writing, who knew eh? My dream is coming true, work anywhere in the world... in a few months, I am so leaving the US.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

Postby hammanta » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 am

Here is my two cents on the issue. You are 20, finish this semester out and find a job, whether it be in construction or what have you, and get 2 if you need. Walmart always hires and promotes from within. On your spare time start reading books (hit the library hard) on investment, mutual funds, real estate, etc. Live a menial life. Don't buy a bunch of useless stuff, stop playing video games, don't eat out a lot and cook for yourself, and see if your parents will allow you to stay at home, and SAVE SAVE SAVE your money. In a few years you could possibly rack up a decent savings of several thousand dollars or more. Remember you are 20, You have plenty and I mean plenty of years left.

Use some of your saved money to invest, whether it be in real estate, mutual funds, bonds, stock market, Forex trading, etc (make sure you have read and understand the principles). Speak with people whom have done it and were successful. By the time you are in your mid to late 20's you could rack up a substantial amount of money where you wouldn't even have to work, and just travel. Sure it can be risky but the majority of people who fail haven't put forth enough time to actually understand the system. There have been many many people whom were in the same position as you that are now very wealthy people investing. Sure the payoffs may not be for 5, 10, or even 20 years but that all depends on your pace and how dedicated you are.

I'm turning 24 this month, I still live at home with parents (by my choosing and they are very supporting though only provide me with a free place to stay and a meal every now and then). I have a B.S degree in a technical field though I haven't been able to find a job in my field. I have been working construction for the past 10 months making 13.55 an hour and working working anywhere from 30-60 hour weeks. I am in about 18k in debt with student loans, owe 5500 left on my car, and have a few other bills that I pay each month. I am still able to save roughly 650 a month. It would be a lot more if I didn't have those loans. In a years time I should be able to save between 7k-13k dollars if I am frugal and work hard. I also have a part time job coming. Oh and by the way I've been to the Philippines twice (going back on my third trip in April) and though I absolutely love it I'd advise taking a trip there first.

I am doing exactly what I advised you to do though I'm still in the reading/researching part. Community College doesn't cost much (i know I went there) so I'm sure you're not in that much debt and you don't drive. There is no reason why you shouldn't be racking in the money right now. A year of savings for you could last you a year in the Philippines. If you spent a few years saving and then investing you could be making a living without work.

Bust your ass now and sacrifice while you have the time and energy. No one is gonna hand you something. You don't need skills just a desire to learn, a strong work ethic, ability to take some risk, and self discipline. Look to the future, set goals, and good luck.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby hammanta » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:01 am

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't actually read all 5 pages just the first two so I wish you luck. If you don't mind I'd like to give you a little advice about the philippines, however.

Not trying to burst your bubble just being honest. Living off of $15-30$ a day in the Philippines is ridiculous especially in Manila. For one you are white and will get charged a totally different amount. Living like a local is damn near impossible when you first arrive. It will take months and even years to immerse yourself perfectly. A cab ride around Manila can be as expensive as $7 and Americanized food is just as expensive. Campbells Soup is like $5 dollars per can! Filipinos eat rice seafood and other weird shit everyday. Are you prepared to do that and maintain? It is crazy hot there so if you think you will walk everywhere you are mistaken. And driving or operating a motorcycle is still just as insane, especially if you live in a city. You will not be able to enjoy nightlife or much entertainment at all.

Next point, I've had months and months and months of online dating experience in the Philippines. DIA is one of the worst sites for scammers, gold diggers, and lady boys. And if you are staying with a nice girl you met, what happens if it doesn't work out? or she isn't real or is playing you? Also visas expire and require you to leave the country, can you afford that?

Now having a girlfriend and moving to the provinces can lower prices significantly but the likelihood of you finding a girl on a website outside of manila or cebu that lives alone doesn't have kids and will help support you is very slim. It is still a developing country and 30% live on less that $2 a day.

I'm just trying to be realistic so that you know what you are getting into. But I hope it works out for you and if it does send me a pm, I'll be in The Philippines this coming April and will buy you a beer haha.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: Can you tell the

Postby mguy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:20 am

buddy77 wrote:@mguy

Rest of us, what is a call center and do they do exactly?

They take your calls. Say you have a question about an overcharge in your internet connection with ATT. You call the 1800 number then you get routed to Manila! and a Filipino answers your calls.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:51 am

hammanta wrote:Sorry for the late reply. I didn't actually read all 5 pages just the first two so I wish you luck. If you don't mind I'd like to give you a little advice about the philippines, however.

Not trying to burst your bubble just being honest. Living off of $15-30$ a day in the Philippines is ridiculous especially in Manila. For one you are white and will get charged a totally different amount. Living like a local is damn near impossible when you first arrive.

This is not technically true. One could live off $15 in Manila no problem. White men will just need to learn the art of bargaining.

Just do not go crazy with your lifestyle you will be fine. Always present yourself poorer than you actually are.

I also have the top 10 cheap dates ideas that should not cost more than $7. When you arrive there is also a period of transition as your mind transitions to the local prices. I recommend visiting a public market or refer to my Manila price guide. Then deduce the mark-up that is being charged to you.

I think Manila is great place to boot-strap oneself. There are tech centers and lots of opportunities. One could easily find an under the table teaching english to Koreans (shit ton of them here almost ALL will prefer learning from a white man).

Here's the price list thread

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... 6&start=15
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Re: Starting to have Success

Postby Cornfed » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:37 am

GenYguy wrote:Guys, if I can do it, anyone can do it. If you can write coherent English, you can write articles. You saw where I started, the problems I had, and where I'm headed now. http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners If you follow everything in that STEP BY STEP, and put in the work (the hardest part isn't making the website or writing your samples, the hardest part is sending out all those emails, it is work) you will get results, no doubt! The key is sending out emails to companies and clients in your area, and you have a better shot of finding work that way. I still have more emails to send out, and more money to make!

You've inspired me to give it a go. Are there any particular kinds of articles in demand at the moment? It would be good if you could post your method of writing articles quickly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Starting to have Success

Postby GenYguy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 am

Cornfed wrote:
GenYguy wrote:Guys, if I can do it, anyone can do it. If you can write coherent English, you can write articles. You saw where I started, the problems I had, and where I'm headed now. http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners If you follow everything in that STEP BY STEP, and put in the work (the hardest part isn't making the website or writing your samples, the hardest part is sending out all those emails, it is work) you will get results, no doubt! The key is sending out emails to companies and clients in your area, and you have a better shot of finding work that way. I still have more emails to send out, and more money to make!

You've inspired me to give it a go. Are there any particular kinds of articles in demand at the moment? It would be good if you could post your method of writing articles quickly.

Articles are always in demand for any kind of business (law firms, plumbing companies, etc.) trying to market their services online; send out some emails and you'll find internet marketing companies that help hook these businesses up with people like me and Kevin.

Alright, I feel like I've refined my method enough at this point to post it here...

First of all I'd like to say that I'm working with Kevin himself, the guy who wrote http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners

I asked him this question: how do you go about writing articles, are the keywords and the websites of the clients enough to go on?

This was his answer:

"That sounds like enough info to get going. The key phrases will be the topics you write about and you can use the websites to figure out how they generally write their articles.

I'd personally take those key phrases and type them into Ezine Articles to do my research. From there, I'd gather some solid points from 2 or 3 articles and then write the articles in a style that is congruent to the websites.
"

With that in mind, this is my method of quickly writing unique and quality articles about things I know nothing about, in about 30 minutes each each article.

1. when you get a client, ask for their website(s) and the key phrases. You don't necessarily need their website, but it helps.

2. once you have the key phrases, head over to http://ezinearticles.com/ (Kevin's recommendation, and I also like Ezine personally because their articles are more professional than the average article) and type in your key phrases in the search box there. Use the advanced search to search for your key phrase in certain categories only, to get more relevant articles to your key phrase. You can also refine the search to only find articles that are less than 500 words, or greater than 1200 words, or even equal to 500 words. It's completely customizable!

3. now you have two options if you're writing a short 350-500 word article.

One, you can find a really long article about your key phrases, that's over 1200 words and summarize it into a more useful and practical form (around 18 sentences give or take a few).

Or you can find a few 350-500 word articles that are about one of your key phrases and summarize each one, and combine them into one 350-500 word article. If I do the latter, I like to think of it like this: one article summary is the introduction (the hook/benefits), one is the body (nitty gritty information or the how to), and one is the conclusion/call to action. Some sentences in your summaries may not fit nicely in the body/intro/conclusion, so all you have to do is remove those sentences or add them into another part of your article.

So it's like this:

First article summary (6-7 sentences)=intro
Second article summary (6-7 sentences)=body
Third article summary (6-7 sentences)=conclusion

4. Summarize each article. You can do this in your own words, or you can do what I do and use this http://smmry.com/3864221287#&SM_LENGTH=18
This tool works, trust me. Click on the about section of their website to learn how it works. With this tool, you can create a summary of any piece of writing. You can also customize how long you want the summary to be in terms of the amount of sentences. This is why it's best to use shorter articles, because you can get the crux of a 350-500 word article in 6-7 sentences (about 130-180 words), then you can combine 3 article summaries to create your own 350-500 word article. The tool uses an algorithm to find the most important sentences in the article and puts them in chronological order. Using this tool, you don't even need to read each article you're pulling information from, as long as the summaries make sense to you.

4. (skip if you wrote your own summaries) Now you don't want to just use these generated summaries for your article, you want to rewrite each summary one by one, by using your own diction. As you rewrite each summary, you also want to make sure that it makes sense as either your intro, body, or conclusion. After you rewrite each summary, add subheadings to make it easier for the reader to digest your article. You don't have to have three subheadings, one for intro/body/conclusion, you can have 2 subheadings or more than 3 subheadings. The only important thing is that you have an intro, body, and conclusion. Feel free to use bullet points or numbers as well if it makes the article easier to read.

5. After you've rewritten each summary and added subheadings, you want to make sure your article reads well. Make sure the title of your article includes your main phrase/keyword for that article. If you already have an intro, body and conclusion, you're almost done. Now make sure each summary transitions well into the next summary and that they all fit together with the subject of your article. Remove oddball sentences if you have any (the summary creator isn't perfect 100 percent of the time), and move sentences from another summary around if you think it fits better somewhere else in the article.

6. As an extra precaution, run your article through a plagiarism checker. I like this one best http://plagiarisma.net/, this one is also good http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/. Duplicate content is bad, and Google will punish your client's website for it in the search engine results. Plagiarizing can also get you in legal trouble, so it's a good idea to make sure that nothing in your article can be traced back to the sources you used to write your articles. Simply run your article through one of those tools, and the tool will scan the major search engines and the world wide web and if any of your sentences or longer phrases match other sentences on other websites the tool will provide you the urls to those websites. As long as it doesn't link any of your content with the content from the sites you pulled summaries from, you're fine. I haven't had this happen at all. Just rewrite the summaries in your own words and you should be fine.

An optional step - if you need help rewriting something in your own words, you can use this tool http://smallseotools.com/article-rewriter/ I work faster by rewriting myself, but this tool can be useful sometimes when you just can't find the right words for certain sentences... also as you will see when you try it, this tool alone can't spin articles for you, at least not quality, non crappy articles.

That's it! That's all you need to do to create a 350-500 word article from scratch and with no previous knowledge about the subject.

So to recap:
-know your key phrases
-find one long article about your key phrase(s) and summarize it in about 18 sentences, or find 2-3 articles and summarize each one in 6-7 sentences
-rewrite the summary or summaries using your own diction
-link the summary or summaries together with subheadings, numbers, lists, etc
-make sure it's readeable
-run your finished article through a plagiarism checker, removing or changing any sentences that point to the articles that you summarized, and then run it again

This may sound like a lot, but in practice it doesn't take me long at all. Finding the articles is easy with ezine's advanced search, copying and pasting each article into the summary creater, then copying and pasting the summaries into a word doc, one summary for each page on microsoft word, then opening another word doc and while keeping both docs open, writing new versions of each summary and then combining each summary into an article on the second word doc, then when that's finished running it through the plagiarism checker (which is very fast). The actual writing part takes me about 30 minutes, the copying and pasting, finding the articles and the automated tools takes all together like 5 minutes.

I just want to make it clear, I am NOT an authority on anything.If you read my OP, you know that. I'm 20 years old, I have no skills, no extensive knowledge about anything really, but I'm now legitimately starting to make money online and the only start-up cost was making a website, which cost me 10 bucks to make (about 20 without a coupon ;)), then it's about $8 a month to keep my site hosted. All the tools I listed above are free. You only have to sign up (for free) to use my preferred plagiarism checker. I don't even consider myself a great writer, but I do consider myself as a good enough writer. I guess it's because I have a decent vocabulary and diction lol. The only things that are required are being able to read and write in English. Even if your vocabulary sucks, that is what the article rewriter tool is for. It can help you find better words and synonyms. If you must rely on it, it will take you longer than 30 minutes to write your article. I tried using it once for an entire article, and not only did it take forever, but since all it did was replace words, in the end it didn't really feel like it was my article, even though it passed the plagiarizer tests.

From the 150 emails I've sent out so far (I'm going to send out more when I have time, right now with school I've been very busy this month), I got one client right now, but he's giving me a LOT of work (he's in touch with a lot of companies that need content writers)! I didn't have Kevin's luck getting 3 regular clients, but I've got 1 good one that is very well connected. I did get other replies to those 150 emails however, and some of them were promising work for me in the future. So far my results haven't matched Kevin's exactly, so I'm not going to say that yours will match mine either. If you follow Kevin's method step by step like I did though, then it's just a matter of time playing the numbers game sending out emails. Read http://www.seanogle.com/guest-posts/seo ... -beginners for more info on getting started with this.

Possible sticky here? I feel that anyone can benefit from this post, especially native English speakers. This can be another option besides teaching English online as a method that is accessible to everyone who wants to make income working from home and supporting oneself in a country like the Philippines. Just like with teaching English online, you have to first get some regular clients... and if you follow my method and start getting work, you can make $30-$40 an hour just from writing articles. You can work for yourself and set your own rates as a freelance SEO writer.
GenYguy
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad