How exactly can you make money in the FSU?

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

How exactly can you make money in the FSU?

Post by onethousandknives »

I know there's English teaching, but really that's the only thing I can think of to make money there. I mean, the people there aren't rich, and there's not a surplus of goods to export. I can't think of any business ideas that I could do there compared to in Asia, where I can think of a lot of stuff.

Like thinking of just Japan for example, there's a lot of money to be made there because they're richer than America and throw out stuff. Used Japanese cars and engines for example. Used Japanese antiques, hobby stuff related to anime/video games, etc, I could sell to USA/rest of the world and make some cash. Then Taiwan and China, there's businesses there that want you to export their manufactured stuff to the rest of the world.

However, I can't think of any parallels in the FSU I could do. There's not massive Russian/Soviet memorabilia markets or anything, and I'd probably have better luck, say, selling cars or motorcycle parts from Japan TO the FSU. So far though, I can't think of anything I can really export from the FSU.

I mean, in FSU, maybe there's some jobs available if you're really skilled and have a degreeable profession (maybe medical, probably not even then as med school is so cheap there) but I cannot see anything in the FSU to make money besides English teaching. And you can teach English, sure, for a bit, however I'd probably get bored of it after a while as I do want my own business.

So anyway, maybe it's just me not knowing too much about the area and people and I'm just not having the right vision, but what are ways to make money in FSU? I mean I could do the reverse and sell things from Asia there, but it'd not be a great place to do business because they don't have much money, right?

Thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.oilcareers.com

Note: Experience is a must if you want to apply for oversea assignments to FSU in oil & gas.