Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Beware China Visa & TEFL - TESOL Scam If You Want Job He

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Beware China Visa & TEFL - TESOL Scam If You Want Job He

Postby Torino » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:50 am


Many foreigners come to China because teaching jobs are easy to get and the economy is booming. BUT, every foreigner who comes here become a target for scam artists who try to sell you things you do not need and want to be your "agent". 20% of them are identity thieves and the other 80% will try to enroll you into an expensive and unneeded TEFL or TESOL training program. See this link here for details about this scam: ... 34&t=88874

The other con artists will promise you a Z visa (work visa) and even a job but if they tell you that you must first come to China as a tourist on an L visa or on an M visa, or a X visa (business and student visa) they are liars. Once you get here they will demand a big fee or threaten to have you arrested for working illegally. In the end they want 40%-50% of your salary to stay quiet and let you stay in China. See this link for details: ... -in-record

To learn the details of all these scams visit the below blacklist sites for China. ... chers-from

If you come to China make sure you have a friend here who can help you find a real job or at the very least use the CFTU China School & Agent blacklist to avoid costly problems. Good luck and safe travel.[/img]
Freshman Poster
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:55 am

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest