Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Good videos for people who want to teach English

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Good videos for people who want to teach English

Postby GoingAwol » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:23 am

I found this lady's channel on youtube. Her videos are awesome and a really good resource for anyone who wants to teach English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QqOwx0I-o
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Re: Good videos for people who want to teach English

Postby gsjackson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Thanks for this, and also for bringing to my attention the CELTA course at International House in Moscow. The CELTA has always seemed daunting because, according to all reports, it is so intense that it takes up literally all your time for an entire month, and at my stage of life I'm not willing to do that. But IH in Moscow offers a 2-month part-time course that meets two days a week from 12:30 to 10:30. That sounds very doable. I may take the course beginning in October if I can recover from knee surgery fast enough.

Also, the cost isn't too bad -- about $1,250 at current exchange rates (they list the price in British pound sterling).
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Re: Good videos for people who want to teach English

Postby GoingAwol » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:57 am

gsjackson wrote:Thanks for this, and also for bringing to my attention the CELTA course at International House in Moscow. The CELTA has always seemed daunting because, according to all reports, it is so intense that it takes up literally all your time for an entire month, and at my stage of life I'm not willing to do that. But IH in Moscow offers a 2-month part-time course that meets two days a week from 12:30 to 10:30. That sounds very doable. I may take the course beginning in October if I can recover from knee surgery fast enough.

Also, the cost isn't too bad -- about $1,250 at current exchange rates (they list the price in British pound sterling).

I am going to take the full time course there next summer, but i'm going to watch a lot of videos and study to make sure i'm well ahead of the game.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad