Study Chinese Medicine in China

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
cyclotronmajesty
Freshman Poster

Study Chinese Medicine in China

Post by cyclotronmajesty »

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in studying Chinese medicine in China, and i'm trying to figure out how to finance it. I see there are no loans available for Americans studying in China. My next idea was to work and go to school, but I heard that can be a problem with the visa. I don't have a huge bank account waiting for me to fund my long years of education in China unlike perhaps other lucky students. How do people go to China and study things like Chinese Medicine?
I saw on one site you can work up to 12 hours a week with university permission. I also understand there are scholarships. But I assume scholarships go to the student with the best GPA. Mine is 2.9, and I have a bachelor's degree in Sustainability from Arizona State University. I've wanted to study Chinese Medicine my whole life. I'm now almost 34. I feel like i'm running out of time. I need help making this dream come true.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Study Chinese Medicine in China

Post by yick »

I think you are allowed to work 20 hours a week on an 'X' (student visa).

However, you would need the money to pay upfront to get z-visa - but university fees aren't anything like the states, you can get some pretty decent deals - depending on where you go...

http://school.cucas.edu.cn/Jiangsu-Univ ... 36318.html

Taught in English, around 5000 dollars a year in fees, not massively unaffordable.

What I would do - if it was me - would be to go to Saudi Arabia and work for a agency that recruits teachers, it isn't brilliant money but you'll probably come away with 25000 dollars if you last the year and don't go spending it on weekend trips to Bahrain - and that should cover three years of living and working in China (and of course, you can work once you get to China).

Good luck with that - I think that's a brilliant idea and something to aim for.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Re: Study Chinese Medicine in China

Post by gnosis »

Interesting idea.