I'm moving to Sweden, Need advice about finding work.

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
callumw1995
Freshman Poster

I'm moving to Sweden, Need advice about finding work.

Post by callumw1995 »

I'm not the best qualified person. I'm 22 and I want to move to Sweden to be with my girlfriend but I need to find a job, I have experience in warehouse type work. happy to do cleaning, teaching English if possible or maybe even working in a bar?
I'm British and currently I only speak English. If anyone could help me out or advice me you'd be a life saver want to move there next month. ( Stockholm type area specifically )

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: I'm moving to Sweden, Need advice about finding work.

Post by starchild5 »

There is a swedish member...who might be able to help you...check out other posts on sweden
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

callumw1995 wrote:I'm not the best qualified person. I'm 22 and I want to move to Sweden to be with my girlfriend but I need to find a job, I have experience in warehouse type work. happy to do cleaning, teaching English if possible or maybe even working in a bar?
I'm British and currently I only speak English. If anyone could help me out or advice me you'd be a life saver want to move there next month. ( Stockholm type area specifically )
Do the British have the right to work in Sweden, legally, for the next couple of years?

How is the reindeer skinner trade up in those parts?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

With English teaching, Swedes tend to speak fluent English and are apparently mainly concerned with technical issues such as the correct usage of third conditionals and what have you, academic writing and such. Hence unless you were an expert that probably wouldn’t be the way to go.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The Swedish poster is gravityx25 (or gravity25x). Something like that. The poster Tom seems to know a lot about Sweden.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Fellow Brit reporting in.

I used to work with a Swedish guy. IT is a good thing to be in if you want to live there.

I assume we can work there, since there are so many of them working here.

Other than that it's expensive!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.