Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

My New Blog About Teaching English Overseas

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

My New Blog About Teaching English Overseas

Post by xiongmao » January 7th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Guys - I've started a new blog: https://soibecameanenglishteacher.blogspot.com/. It's only a day old, so a lot more content is coming. Especially if I get some visitors and it gains some sort of momentum.

I've amassed a load of material about training to be an English teacher and then actually finding a job to do the whole HA thing. But so far I've been sitting on it all for over two years. I've also got a tonne of material about living in Spain and China.

Sadly as far as entertainment goes I have to report that life in Zhejiang has been a lot more boring than the catastrophe that was my attempt to live in Guangdong. I mean how entertaining is Man Goes To Carl's Jr And Is Denied Burger Combo Meal? This is due to dating being a lot harder here than it was in Guangzhou/Shenzhen, so I've got no weird dating stories. Of course I've been working here and when I've not been working I've been planning lessons. Also the weather is generally too cold to go out exploring much and the metro network is still largely under construction.

Anyway, take a look and leave me some comments if you feel like it.

Let me know what other topics you'd like to know about. At the moment I've braindumped some stuff about taking the CELTA. I can highly recommend this course if you want to come out and join me here (the whole province is awash with job vacancies). While OFFICIALLY you don't need anything as expensive and demanding as the CELTA, it did prepare me to parachute in here and teach from day 1, with absolutely no help and support whatsoever. Hell, my first lesson here had 47 students :lol: . But it went very well.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!