Working Overseas - Need Help and Advice

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
hamdizzel
Freshman Poster

Working Overseas - Need Help and Advice

Post by hamdizzel »

I'll admit it im broke i don't have a penny in my pocket
i don't have a high school degree
is it possible i can still get some type of job overseas
or in a different country?
I really need some help with getting a job
if there is any who is willing thanks
i have been trying to get my dipolma here but its proven difficult
by a number of issues. First off im mad as heck of my failures with
American women here they don't even take a look at me! lol
i just don't know weather its me or its because im just not living in the right area
with good women.
and also im a very creative person that is chocked up in my house 24 hours a day
(I live in Washington State)

1.its incredibly difficult to get a decent paying job here even with a high school degree
and a four year college degree.
2.don't even bother going outside or to town because
its so boring with the fake people who never even say hi or stop to chat.
why bother? but its better then staying home and watching T.V trust me
3.there are no attractive women here most of them are overweight and obese
4. the good looking girls already have a man or only date rich guys.
5. there is no talk of friendships here its all about money and work.
6.why on earth do i see so many single women that look HAPPY to be single.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: working overseas

Post by ladislav »

Try finding a job as a merchant marine. Try finding a job in Iraq. Just get online a spend hours searching. Seek and thou shalt find.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
icarus
Freshman Poster

Post by icarus »

hamdizzel wrote:I'll admit it im broke i don't have a penny in my pocket
i don't have a high school degree
is it possible i can still get some type of job overseas
or in a different country?
I really need some help with getting a job
if there is any who is willing thanks
i have been trying to get my dipolma here but its proven difficult
by a number of issues. First off im mad as heck of my failures with
American women here they don't even take a look at me! lol
i just don't know weather its me or its because im just not living in the right area
with good women.
and also im a very creative person that is chocked up in my house 24 hours a day
(I live in Washington State)

1.its incredibly difficult to get a decent paying job here even with a high school degree
and a four year college degree.
2.don't even bother going outside or to town because
its so boring with the fake people who never even say hi or stop to chat.
why bother? but its better then staying home and watching T.V trust me
3.there are no attractive women here most of them are overweight and obese
4. the good looking girls already have a man or only date rich guys.
5. there is no talk of friendships here its all about money and work.
6.why on earth do i see so many single women that look HAPPY to be single.
Yeah, we I'll know you're pissed and frustrated, but the FIRST step is to stop bitching. PERIOD!!!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I lived in Washington state for years, it has got to be one of the worst places in the US for dating or social life. Yet few dare admit it and if you mention this, you get weirded out looks from people there. It seems that the people there live on a different "holographic plate" as Ladislav put it in another thread. lol

Look at how I bitched about it here in this essay:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Bellingham_Curse.htm

Plus the weather is cold and damp and leaves you feeling groggy and icky much of the time.

The negatives in WA far outweigh the positives, and only cold prudish square sterile people seem to enjoy it.

There are lots of jobs though. It's easy to get one from an employment agency. Go to Kelly Services, Manpower, or Express Personnel. Their number is in your phone book under employment agencies. They have plenty of work available. And most of them are temp so you don't have to commit long term.

If you need a high school diploma, why not just get your GED and take the test?

There are attractive women in WA, but you can't just meet them or approach them without connections. Plus, like you said, many of them are happy being single and alone and jogging or walking their dog on their day off. They don't need men and are only casually polite to them. If you have desires and want women in WA, you are considered a creep and expected to suppress your desires. It's a sick society and I wouldn't care if it were erased from the earth.

Even without education, you can still get a job teaching English overseas if they are desperate enough to hire people without degrees. Some small towns in other countries are.

BTW, in the US, as far as I know, Texas is probably the most friendly state. Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky are too, at least friendlier in comparison to California.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

hey, you guys were unnnecessary rude to this guy. Where's your manners? i feel the same way and by no way you should treat anyone that way. No matter what. how would you like if it was you?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I think you need to walk before trying to run. There is no excuse for an able-bodied man not to be working. You may not be able to find the job that you want, but there is work out there.

Without a diploma you will likely have to do a job that involves physical labor or blue collar work. You could be a roofer, work construction, a landscaper, etc. If you want to work in an office or for a bigger institution, you will have to get that diploma.

Why not get two part time jobs? You could work in a restaurant during the day and at a bar at nights or any number of other jobs.

You are not yet on your feet so forget about women for the moment. You need to focus on finishing your education and gaining a foothold in the working world.

I have no idea about Washington state, but have you thought about relocating to another state or a small town area with a dearth of local workers?

Sitting at home is your worst enemy, you have to toil and work to reach your goals. They will not just come to you.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Yes

Post by ErikHeaven »

You have to get your GED. Then your drivers license then a skill. Where i live they need auto mechanics bad. Some are willing to train total newbies. So start with one and two and then decide what you want to do. As far as women goes here is some brutal words of advice administered with love (I told my son the same thing recently) There is no ass without the finance!
Your first priority is to get your shit together financially and then see about the women. Think about it. Once you get your money right i also suggest CLEP to quickly get your college credits up. Think about it peace!
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

An older gentleman i know has 20 years of over the road truck driving experience. He applied recently to deliver auto parts locally. He has a Class A license and all they needed was a Class B. He did not get the job as he does not have a GED. Companies are not playing with this anymore. Please for yourself get your GED. Then some college please.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Notwithstanding the best of efforts,you may need at least 3 years to be able to qualify for a normal overseas position. But a GED is crucial. No way around it expect you are smart enough to start your own online business and make some $2000+ a month. The best, the surest, the least painful way abroad is to teach ESL. Everything else is iffy and uncertain.
There is a possibility of maybe going to China to teach with a HS diploma because some schools will hire you just for being an American, and you may be able to get student loans/grants and study online for your BA. Make sure the college is accredited, though. Keep in mind, though, that Saudi Arabia, the biggest and best paying Middle Eastern employer does not like online degrees, so you will have to seriously consider whether that is a path you want to take.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
abroaduni
Freshman Poster

emigrate to canada

Post by abroaduni »

Hi,
I would like to suggest you that,try to search relative job forums online and post your resume.Definitely,you will get good response.

emigrate to canada
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

billy wrote:I am also a more creative guy. But the problem is that doesn´t bring money.
So you have to change your charakter and be a mofo that is a tough guy.
You have to work hard. Maybe the best would be to work in the oil industry.
You can make a lot of money.

When you have brain a degree would be very important.

Washington is considered as the worst city. Ther are miles long posts about how
difficult it is to get woman there.

Eric ist right with "no ass without finance" lol
I don't think that applies to WA state. There you can have a good job and money, but that doesn't make women more friendly or approachable there. Hell no. They don't give a shit about you or your job. They just want you to mind your own business and leave them alone. The social motto there is "Have a nice day, somewhere else."

I had plenty of good jobs in WA, even temp jobs, but that didn't matter shit to the women there.

There are plenty of temp jobs though. Hamdizzel, just get a temp job at Kelly Services, Express Personnel or Manpower. There are always plenty of them available and you don't have to commit long term to any of them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Working overseas can be done, but really you need a skill the locals don't have.

Teaching English is possible, especially in China. But you might find it hard going to secure a legit job without a teaching qualification or a degree. Teaching qualifications aren't too hard to get, but it's not an easy career. I got the CELTA teaching course interview questions from my local University and they stopped me in my tracks (and I'm a PhD).

Easy money can be made in the Middle East, but again you need a skill (like being an oil engineer) or willing to take big risks (driving trucks in Afganistan).

Look hard and some vocational jobs can pay big. My sister has done well out of contact lens fitting jobs - this is a nice business to be in, but again there's training involved.

If I move to China, I'm opening an English fish & chip shop!
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

ladislav wrote:Try finding a job as a merchant marine. Try finding a job in Iraq. Just get online a spend hours searching. Seek and thou shalt find.
How does one become a merchant marine?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...