Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Overview on ways to make money online

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Overview on ways to make money online

Postby Winston » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Here's a great site that gives an overview of ways to make money online. Hope it helps.

http://www.doshdosh.com/ways-to-make-money-online/
Last edited by Winston on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby The_Adventurer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:42 pm

That's a great article and of even greater interest to me because I would love to travel or live abroad while making money online. It never occured to me before, since I hadn't really started online business last time I was abroad (in China) but making a small amount of money which may lead to trouble in LA could be a huge amount of money living somewhere else.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby ProAzn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 pm

It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

It definitely helps a lot to learn more than one language.
This me with my 2 kids and husband. Wow, I'm fat!!!

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... aznku1.jpg
ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:39 pm

ProAzn wrote:It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

W: It certainly does. How did you make money when you were in Germany? Did you only work as a translator? Or did you do something else too? Isn't it hard getting a job as a translator as you need a lot of experience and credentials?
Winston
Site Admin

Postby ProAzn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 pm

WWu777 wrote:
ProAzn wrote:It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

W: It certainly does. How did you make money when you were in Germany? Did you only work as a translator? Or did you do something else too? Isn't it hard getting a job as a translator as you need a lot of experience and credentials?

I did translations of documents in private and also where I worked. I worked in an Accounting office. That's while I was going through college too. I didn't do a translation job just on its own, it was tied into my job because of dealing with German and Austrian companies. The pay is so much better in Europe too.

ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:59 pm

I have been speaking Japanese for ages, but I certainly don't want to live there. It's one of the few places more expensive than living in LA. I want to go some place relaxing and cheap were a small online business will ammount to considerable comfort.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby ProAzn » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 pm

Terrence wrote:

I have been speaking Japanese for ages, but I certainly don't want to live there. It's one of the few places more expensive than living in LA. I want to go some place relaxing and cheap were a small online business will ammount to considerable comfort.

Wow!! Japanese??? That's impressive. And YES, Japan is very very expensive. I have never been there but I have heard that. Plus, I have dated a Japanese man before too. One of my biggest dreams is to travel to Asia one day. As much as I love Asian Culture, I have not had the opportunity to go to Asia yet. Funny isn't it?

I guess probably somewhere in South America would be a good place to live and operate a small online business because the cost of living is not so high. Somewhere like that anyway.

ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Thanks to Winston, I am planning to check out the Philippines as well. I also might try Brazil for a spell and see how that is. There are so many opportunities out there.

I'm surprised you haven't travelled to Asia. I love hanging out there. My time in China was immensely fun. I have never had an experience like it before or since.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby ProAzn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:55 am

Terrence wrote:Thanks to Winston, I am planning to check out the Philippines as well. I also might try Brazil for a spell and see how that is. There are so many opportunities out there.

I'm surprised you haven't travelled to Asia. I love hanging out there. My time in China was immensely fun. I have never had an experience like it before or since.

Yeah, I haven't been to Asia yet. Crazy huh?

Oh don't get me wrong.. I will one day.

ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Postby Netman_66 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:04 pm

>It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

>It definitely helps a lot to learn more than one language.

Why didn't you use your fluent German skill to me, Dianna? :?: Was I too boring for you? You are the one with attention issues, right?

D.
Netman_66
Freshman Poster

Return to Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad