Teaching English online to support yourself

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Teaching English online to support yourself

Post by Cornfed »

britishguy19 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:The days of teaching English are over. Just stop it.
What do you think it was that killed it?
I’ve probably said this before, possibly even in these words, but here goes again.

English teaching was always trending down from its peak sometime (not sure when) due to declining birth rates among target populations, declining status of the West, the fact that a lot of them don’t really have to learn our language since we are not running the show any more, and the fact that no-one cares about societies that are circling the drain. That and the fact that people from the West increasingly suck.

But the real thing that killed it was the financial crisis of ’08. You got about a third decrease in the jobs in Asia and a massive increase in applicants overnight, such that if you had a job to advertise you would get ten times the applicants. (I was in Korea at the time and Western recruiters told me that this was about right - ten times the applicants per job as before the crisis).

So you see, you will probably not get a job if you don’t fit whatever criteria they have (young, tall, pretty, blond etc.). If you somehow do, you will be treated like shit, because they can replace you at the drop of a hat. If you understand Asian culture towards foreigners, you’ll know this completely changes their attitude towards you, and not for the better. So even if you do get the job, you have no leverage, and they will likely treat you like shit and it will suck.

It’s finished. Just don’t do it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

It is also very competitive. Recent young university grads from SA do it for a while in asia to get money to travel. That means there is downward pressure on wages.

Of course if you are certified and do it at a university level, the situation may be different. But that means proper qualifications.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Kradmelder wrote:It is also very competitive. Recent young university grads from SA do it for a while in asia to get money to travel. That means there is downward pressure on wages.

Of course if you are certified and do it at a university level, the situation may be different. But that means proper qualifications.
So would it be fair to say you know nothing about the industry then?
britishguy19
Freshman Poster

Post by britishguy19 »

Cornfed wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:It is also very competitive. Recent young university grads from SA do it for a while in asia to get money to travel. That means there is downward pressure on wages.

Would you say that online (things like italki,verbling etc) are dying out too?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

britishguy19 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

Would you say that online (things like italki,verbling etc) are dying out too?
No. Online teaching opportunities are increasing. If any of you guys want to teach English online, and in a professional way, PM me and I'll recommend you to English First--the language school I'm teaching at in China. Or, you could look to teach online with Meten English in China.

The thing with most online teaching, though, is that it pays lower than face to face teaching.

The thing I'm seeing is an influx of foreigners moving to Asia. I guess the HA concept is catching up very quickly. Most expats I talk to are dissatisfied with life in America, England, Australia, etc. and I have come to Asia to have a new life.

As others have mentioned, teaching has become competitive.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:

Well, I know as much as you - and Krad is correct.

If you get proper qualifications and of course experience. Then there are plenty of good jobs that pay very well.

The era of the backpacker teacher with no qualifications and a white face has more or less gone the way of the dodo.

China have now implemented a system where a teacher doesn't have a degree, they do not get a visa - and about time too.

I think the influx of foreigners to Asia is a false economy, more come but most don't stick it for more than a year because most expats can't handle Asia outside the big cities - which is really competitive whether it's Tokyo, Bangkok, Beijing or Jakarta. Some people freak out because they can't find cheese on the local supermarket shelves or the bars are not like the ones back home - so they go home - and that's where most of them should stay.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Common that's so low.

English is your mother tongue and it came naturally. You didn't have to struggle for it like sowing crops. I don't think you paid any money to learn english yourself, yes in school but it came from your instinct as well naturally you picked it up.

You should teach English for free guys which would make sure these Greedy Schools won't milk lot of money from parents, many already know how much these schools make when they have a white face around. :? They are using you.

We also know Professional learning with Grammar, noun, pronoun amount to nothing in this Jewish Controlled world when you grow up. All they need is to speak and understand english. They really do not need to go deep into how English language was built.

Teaching English in Asia have become a multi billion dollar industry...I can't bring myself to that level of greed, and we know how greedy Asians are especially Chinese...DON'T FEED THE GREED.

White Face Sells in Asia.

If someone wants to learn my mother tongue...I would teach for free or even English but no one prefers to learn from an Indian guy with that Curry accent :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

starchild5 wrote:Common that's so low.

English is your mother tongue and it came naturally. You didn't have to struggle for it like sowing crops. I don't think you paid any money to learn english yourself, yes in school but it came from your instinct as well naturally you picked it up

You should teach English for free which would make sure these Greedy Schools won't milk lot of money from parents, many already know how much these schools make when they have a white face around. :? They are using you.

Teaching English in Asia have become a multi billion dollar industry...I can't bring myself to that level of greed, and we know how greedy Asians are especially Chinese...DON'T FEED THE GREED

If someone wants to learn my mother tongue...I would teach for free or even English but no one prefers to learn from an Indian guy with that Curry accent :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It shows how little you know about it, stick to space jews or whatever... :?

Teaching English is no different to teaching any other language - French, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese - it's a bit more complex than parroting the mother tongue you were born with, and if you think you can teach yourself a language to any degree - then you are mistaken or one of a gifted minority who can learn a whole language off their own bat.

I personally wouldn't work for a training centre or private school. All my jobs in Asia (bar one when I first started out in South Korea..) have been working for the government.

As for working for free, well, I have to live in China and buy things to sustain my life teaching English here - so, if the Chinese want me to spend any length of time teaching their children then they need to pay me so I can stick around. If money was important, I could have stayed at my last job at ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia and earn 60000 USD a year - but that job and that place are the total pits, I would rather take a massive pay cut and live in China where I am a lot happier and let me just say something about my current locale, if I hadn't had turned up, nobody else with my qualifications would have come here to take my place. :D

And you're right, nobody wants to learn English from an Indian with a curry accent. So you wouldn't be able to give your services away for free anyway.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

zboy1 wrote: No. Online teaching opportunities are increasing. If any of you guys want to teach English online, and in a professional way, PM me and I'll recommend you to English First--the language school I'm teaching at in China. Or, you could look to teach online with Meten English in China.
Back when I was an English Teacher, EF paid some of the lowest wages. I remember getting a call back about a manager or supervisor position that I'd applied to at EF. But I knew EF paid really low. So instead of going in for an interview, across town, and wasting a whole day in Jakarta traffic, I tried to pray a little salary information out of a man who called me about the position. I told him a ball park figure of what I was looking for back then, about $2000 a month. I think the amount they were looking to pay was around $1200. This was in the early 2000's, too. That's how bad they paid. The field is low paying, but I was kind of rich by local salaries compared to average salaries, which was a weird dynamic, socially. EF paid about 60% of what you could make elsewhere, probably 40% of what you could make at a 'national plus' school in Indonesia. International schools (that don't allow locals) tended to pay more than national plus schools.

That's why I got out of the field. The pay isn't good, at least in that part of the world, if you have a family. A livable niche in ESL/EFL overseas is if you have teacher certification in an English-speaking western country and go work for an international school abroad.

But if you are young and single and either need some kind of job or want the experience of living in Asia, ESL/EFL may be the right field for you, even at EF.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

yick wrote:
It shows how little you know about it, stick to space jews or whatever... :?

Teaching English is no different to teaching any other language - French, Arabic, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese - it's a bit more complex than parroting the mother tongue you were born with, and if you think you can teach yourself a language to any degree - then you are mistaken or one of a gifted minority who can learn a whole language off their own bat.

I personally wouldn't work for a training centre or private school. All my jobs in Asia (bar one when I first started out in South Korea..) have been working for the government.

As for working for free, well, I have to live in China and buy things to sustain my life teaching English here - so, if the Chinese want me to spend any length of time teaching their children then they need to pay me so I can stick around. If money was important, I could have stayed at my last job at ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia and earn 60000 USD a year - but that job and that place are the total pits, I would rather take a massive pay cut and live in China where I am a lot happier and let me just say something about my current locale, if I hadn't had turned up, nobody else with my qualifications would have come here to take my place. :D

And you're right, nobody wants to learn English from an Indian with a curry accent. So you wouldn't be able to give your services away for free anyway.
f**k off..I expected this moronic reply from a white retard like you. Always trying to be logical in an illogical way. Big Bull Shit..

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever special about teaching english to non natives. You might as well wash their dirty ass if you are going so low.

While you are at it...

Why not teach Asians how you wipe your ass with tissue paper.

Thats a good job for you. I will pay you 5 cents an hour...for each Asian you teach how to wipe their ass properly like you do while living in Asia with plenty of water around.

You are what we call in Asia. Low Life Bottom Feeder. White Trash. Your life was shit back home and now you using the lowest skill available which you acquired naturally to live in Asia.

Some Skills you have, how smart and intelligent lol

Teaching English is your Skill set and you are what 50 and ugly with no hair and about to get diagnosed with Cancer which is what all you white guys die with eventually. How many of your "loved ones" died of cancer, care to tell...smarty pants...???

You will always be a bottom feeder no matter where you go. This is what is called a Bottom Feeder.You are a perfect example of a Bottom Feeder in Asia.

You are a total absolute picture perfect white retard that is invading Asia leeching off of skills that is acquired through your mother and god knows how many guys she slept with before making you.

Wipe your ass with tissue paper even when living in Asia... and teach others while you are at it...retard.

GTFOH....
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

starchild5 wrote:
f**k off..I expected this moronic reply from a white retard like you. Always trying to be logical in an illogical way. Big Bull Shit..
Sorry for bringing white man's logic into this... :?
There is absolutely nothing whatsoever special about teaching english to non natives. You might as well wash their dirty ass if you are going so low.
There's nothing special about teaching maths, French, history, geography - what's the difference? Nothing as far as I can see. A lot of people want to learn English around the world, especially in the Far East, why is that a crime, why does it have to be a special undertaking for it to be honest living?

Thats a good job for you. I will pay you 5 cents an hour...for each Asian you teach how to wipe their ass properly like you do while living in Asia with plenty of water around.
I would probably have to teach YOU how to wipe your ass with paper, as no doubt you still use the left hand you dirty animal!
You are what we call in Asia. Low Life Bottom Feeder. White Trash. Your life was shit back home and now you using the lowest skill available which you acquired naturally to live in Asia.
:lol: I'm not even white!

But don't be racist, how would you like it if I called you 'a dirty, foul smelling, shit skinned gupta' or a 'curry munching, subhuman shitty left handed, bovine worshipping, stupid black Indian cunt' you wouldn't like and I don't say things like that because I am not racist.

My life was shit back home, but then many peoples lives are shit back home, at least I did something about it. All you seem to me is jealous because I am earning a living in a profession that is so very much closed to you - and I am sorry about that but I don't make the rules.
Some Skills you have, how smart and intelligent lol
I have a related degree and masters degree from a good university in the UK, what do you have - a diploma from the corner shop in Mumbai - oh dearie dearie me.

Teaching English is your Skill set and you are what 50 and ugly with no hair and about to get diagnosed with Cancer which is what all you white guys die with eventually. How many of your "loved ones" died of cancer, care to tell...smarty pants...???
I'm quite good looking, I still have my hair, I am over six feet tall and over 200 pounds, I run and weight train daily, I have a degree and a masters degree from a good university, both my parents are still alive and are in the mid-70's to 80's and in fine health. I don't smoke, drink nor take drugs nor do my parents, the chances of any of us getting cancer are very slim.

So yeah, all of that is bollocks. :lol:

You will always be a bottom feeder no matter where you go. This is what is called a Bottom Feeder.You are a perfect example of a Bottom Feeder in Asia.
I might be a bottom feeder to you, but I'm happy. What makes you think you're not a bottom feeder? You are just another sexless Indian roaming the planet being accepted nowhere, lasted two weeks in Germany before they deported you, would have remained a virgin until you died for the Philippines and the women there - women who would f**k an alsatian dog if you paid them enough pesos - why do you think you aren't a bottom feeder also?
You are a total absolute picture perfect white retard that is invading Asia leeching off of skills that is acquired through your mother and god knows how many guys she slept with before making you.

Wipe your ass with tissue paper even when living in Asia...
My mother speaks Spanish as a mother tongue.

Never mind, you will always stink of curry and have the sexual allure of a slug with your curry brown skin, smelly armpits, hilarious dress sense and ding dong English.

But whilst you can pay some whore in the Philippines - you can see a womans lady parts in real time before you hit the dirt in a life that's mediocre.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

yick wrote:
Sorry for bringing white man's logic into this... :?

There's nothing special about teaching maths, French, history, geography - what's the difference? Nothing as far as I can see. A lot of people want to learn English around the world, especially in the Far East, why is that a crime, why does it have to be a special undertaking for it to be honest living?

I would probably have to teach YOU how to wipe your ass with paper, as no doubt you still use the left hand you dirty animal!

:lol: I'm not even white!

But don't be racist, how would you like it if I called you 'a dirty, foul smelling, shit skinned gupta' or a 'curry munching, subhuman shitty left handed, bovine worshipping, stupid black Indian c**t' you wouldn't like and I don't say things like that because I am not racist.

My life was shit back home, but then many peoples lives are shit back home, at least I did something about it. All you seem to me is jealous because I am earning a living in a profession that is so very much closed to you - and I am sorry about that but I don't make the rules.

I have a related degree and masters degree from a good university in the UK, what do you have - a diploma from the corner shop in Mumbai - oh dearie dearie me.

I'm quite good looking, I still have my hair, I am over six feet tall and over 200 pounds, I run and weight train daily, I have a degree and a masters degree from a good university, both my parents are still alive and are in the mid-70's to 80's and in fine health. I don't smoke, drink nor take drugs nor do my parents, the chances of any of us getting cancer are very slim.

So yeah, all of that is bollocks. :lol:

I might be a bottom feeder to you, but I'm happy. What makes you think you're not a bottom feeder? You are just another sexless Indian roaming the planet being accepted nowhere, lasted two weeks in Germany before they deported you, would have remained a virgin until you died for the Philippines and the women there - women who would f**k an alsatian dog if you paid them enough pesos - why do you think you aren't a bottom feeder also?

My mother speaks Spanish as a mother tongue.

Never mind, you will always stink of curry and have the sexual allure of a slug with your curry brown skin, smelly armpits, hilarious dress sense and ding dong English.

But whilst you can pay some whore in the Philippines - you can see a womans lady parts in real time before you hit the dirt in a life that's mediocre.
.Do not pretend to be happy in China...Are you that delusional????

This is how your post sounded to me

Did you post this while doing this

Sorry you don't like me calling you a White Retard since you not one...

How about European Retard or Spanish Retard for a change :lol: :lol:

and ohhh you forgot..to Quote...let me remind you..

How many of your low life "loved ones" died of cancer...

Since you are been honest...care to tell ..How many of you died of cancer and gave millions to Jew con ... :idea:

Did you mom, pa die of cancer too...Why miss that quote which i wrote.??...Ouch....Did it hurt when reality bit you...

You filthy retards deserve to die from the hands of Jews.

I don't have to do anything...Your 200 pound gorilla ass body will make sure you gonna get diagnosed with some filthy disease soon which you cannot cure and die miserably in hospital paying millions to the Jews.

That is your fate.

You are a bottom feeding immigrant in China with a worthless master degree and working as a low life School teacher making fool of Ignorant kids. Why don't you WORK A REAL JOB MORON.

How low can you go or did you come to Asia with a master's degree to molest kids...????

We know why you Europeans come to Asia...Are you a Pedophoile too...

This now looking very suspicious ?? Who would work as an english teacher for kids in China with a masters degree from UK...if he ain't a pedophile low life scum... :shock: :shock: :shock:

are you this

and soon to be this

Why is he not getting a Job in Europe with a masters degree? Why come all the way to Asia to teach kids?

Really one wonders...If this guy has masters degree as he claims to be...Why is he in Asia..teaching kids English???
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

starchild5 wrote: .Do not pretend to be happy in China...Are you that delusional????
I'm very happy in China, if I wasn't - I would leave tomorrow, no-one is keeping me here.

Sorry you don't like me calling you a White Retard since you not one...

How about European Retard or Spanish Retard for a change :lol: :lol:

and ohhh you forgot..to Quote...let me remind you..

How many of your low life "loved ones" died of cancer...

Since you are been honest...care to tell ..How many of you died of cancer and gave millions to Jew con ... :idea:

Did you mom, pa die of cancer too...Why miss that quote which i wrote.??...Ouch....Did it hurt when reality bit you...
This is one of the reasons no-one wants to learn English from you, because you don't understand it yourself.

I have already told you, no-one in my family has died from cancer, my parents are still alive, all my brothers and sisters are still alive. None of them smoke or drink, do I have to tell you a third time before it sinks into that thick Indian skull, no wonder the Brits took your country off you. :lol:

I don't have to do anything...Your 200 pound gorilla ass body will make sure you gonna get diagnosed with some filthy disease soon which you cannot cure and die miserably in hospital paying millions to the Jews.
I would probably go back to the UK and die on the NHS where I won't pay a penny to the Jews as it will cost me nothing. :?

You are a bottom feeding immigrant in China with a worthless master degree and working as a low life School teacher making fool of Ignorant kids. Why don't you WORK A REAL JOB MORON.
Being a teacher is a real job? If I wanted to do something that didn't involve honest work - I would have took law.
How low can you go or did you come to Asia with a master's degree to molest kids...????
If I was that way inclined and wanted to molest children, I would have made my way to Thailand or the Philippines - they're the countries where paedophiles go to molest children, you notice China doesn't have a problem with foreign paedophiles - why? Because they jail them.

Now, I have never ever been to either to the Philippines or Thailand - but you're there all the time, am I right?

Projection, that's all it is.

I am sure you have molested plenty of children you pox ridden Indian nonce.
We know why you Europeans come to Asia...Are you a Pedophoile too...
You know what, that is a rather libellous thing to say, I have never touched a child in my life. You say this because you know I can't grip your neck and break it - a typical Indian ding dong coward who says this kind of thing from thousands of miles away.

You are a disgusting, dirty shitty human being, that is all you are.
This now looking very suspicious ?? Who would work as an english teacher for kids in China with a masters degree from UK...if he ain't a pedophile low life scum... :shock: :shock: :shock:
I work with adults in a university, so you're wrong again - again, you're coming across with some very very libelous accusations there. Watch what you're typing sonny.

Why is he not getting a Job in Europe with a masters degree? Why come all the way to Asia to teach kids?
You come across as a bit stupid.

Lots of people are in Asia for many reasons.

Some of the most successful people in the west now live here, there are a million reasons for someone to live out here, people like Eduardo Saverin and Jim Rogers live in Asia - now these two people are billionaires - but live in Asia - I am sure neither of them (and nor would I...) would live in that gupta filled shithole India - but not all Asia is the same.

We are treated rather well here, I am but then I respect local customs and don't break the law, if I was treated like a dirty black gupta like you were in Germany then I wouldn't stay there - I would leave - like you left Germany because the local Germans thought you were a disgusting, black subhuman who came to leech off their system.

Really one wonders...If this guy has masters degree as he claims to be...Why is he in Asia..teaching kids English???
Yes, I do - Winston knows my identity as does Kradameler. I have no need to lie. 8)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I suggest a ban on Starchild5. There should be a rule against slandering people with pedophile allegations (without evidence, of course.)
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

yick wrote: I'm very happy in China, if I wasn't - I would leave tomorrow, no-one is keeping me here.

This is one of the reasons no-one wants to learn English from you, because you don't understand it yourself.

I have already told you, no-one in my family has died from cancer, my parents are still alive, all my brothers and sisters are still alive. None of them smoke or drink, do I have to tell you a third time before it sinks into that thick Indian skull, no wonder the Brits took your country off you. :lol:

I would probably go back to the UK and die on the NHS where I won't pay a penny to the Jews as it will cost me nothing. :?

Being a teacher is a real job? If I wanted to do something that didn't involve honest work - I would have took law.

If I was that way inclined and wanted to molest children, I would have made my way to Thailand or the Philippines - they're the countries where paedophiles go to molest children, you notice China doesn't have a problem with foreign paedophiles - why? Because they jail them.

Now, I have never ever been to either to the Philippines or Thailand - but you're there all the time, am I right? Projection, that's all it is. I am sure you have molested plenty of children you pox ridden Indian nonce.
You know what, that is a rather libellous thing to say, I have never touched a child in my life. You say this because you know I can't grip your neck and break it - a typical Indian ding dong coward who says this kind of thing from thousands of miles away. You are a disgusting, dirty shitty human being, that is all you are.
I work with adults in a university, so you're wrong again - again, you're coming across with some very very libelous accusations there. Watch what you're typing sonny.

You come across as a bit stupid.Lots of people are in Asia for many reasons.

Some of the most successful people in the west now live here, there are a million reasons for someone to live out here, people like Eduardo Saverin and Jim Rogers live in Asia - now these two people are billionaires - but live in Asia - I am sure neither of them (and nor would I...) would live in that gupta filled shithole India - but not all Asia is the same.

We are treated rather well here, I am but then I respect local customs and don't break the law, if I was treated like a dirty black gupta like you were in Germany then I wouldn't stay there - I would leave - like you left Germany because the local Germans thought you were a disgusting, black subhuman who came to leech off their system.

Yes, I do - Winston knows my identity as does Kradameler. I have no need to lie. 8)
You prove nothing Pedo. No one in his right mind comes to Asia and teach English in some remote parts unless he has come to Molest kids. You Europeans have a long ass history to prove it.

The fact is you are the NUMBER 1 race for Pedophilies in Asia. Hiding in your own filth in Asia is what you good at.

Yo Pedo...Do not threaten me mother f(cker....I can f**k you 100 ways your mother won't recognise your gorilla face..

I dare you to break my neck ass hole. Where do you stay ....Lets see how you break my neck...

Where do you want me to meet Pedo...give me the time and day..I be there and lets do it live on Facebook so everyone can watch it...

DONE DEAL OK...

But here is my condition to you...

You can break my neck all you want...but I won't stop at nothing from killing you.....Lets just end it and not beat around the bush...I have had enough of you low lifes threatening people around...

You break my neck first and then I will kill you...or you kill me.....Why just break necks around..That's for kids...Lets just fight in a remote place and see who kills whom...

All Swords, Knife's allowed...