Hola, I know Winston's ex-gf Robin LaFleur, now Robin Suther

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

CheezeRaider don't even consider giving Winston your full name. He'll just google search you right away to try you on blast here in the forum

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

*put you on blast
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

CheezeRaider wrote:Good post Rock. You spoke my mind.

I just wanted to add I had contemplated defending Robin as Winston has tried to tarnished her name. I said I would not speak of his past with her so I wont. I gave my word. In a he said she said world, Robin is not a forum member to defend all this alligation.

Through all Winstons actions, we can all obviously see why they broke off their relationship. So I simply did not have to do anything, as our poster boy dug his own grave :lol:
To be honest I doubt anyone gives a f**k. Unless Winston is secretly a rapist or a murderer any kind of drama he had with this woman is between them. She was probably a headcase as well, she looks it at least.

Your constant insinuations about knowing some secrets and hanging it over this forum is tiresome really. Either spell it out or shut up about it already.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster

Post by CheezeRaider »

haha, all right, I'll shut up already :lol:

I'll take your advise Well-informed :)
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Winston wrote: Rock,
Another thing you kept repeating was when I took your photo, and you kept telling me over and over again, "Please don't post my picture online ok?! Please make sure." Ummm, ok. I mean, how many times did I have to reassure you? Once should have been enough. But you are unduly paranoid and panicky about having people see you or know who you are? Why?

How come other people aren't that paranoid about being publicized? It's like you have something to hide, or like you have a lot of skeletons in your closet, or have been burned before by people you trusted. You are tall and Aryan looking, so I don't know why you are so scared and sensitive about such things, more than others are. How can I, an overly sensitive person and shorter guy, be braver than you in this area?

I mean, gosh, you won't even tell me your first and last name, no matter how long I know you. It's like you have a lot to hide or something, like you have a dark dark past. Most guys I've known are not like that.

Now, I know you have a right to privacy and all, but when you are so secretive about everything, it's like you are living in fear with a lot to hide. That's the impression I get. How can your friends get to know you or become close to you, or even trust you, if you're like that? See what I mean?

Furthermore, since I don't know your name, your past, your identity or your past records, how can I know anything about you or how credible you are? Trust has to be earned. It is not a free gift. How do I know if you are really a "successful businessman who became financially independent through honorable means"? I can't know can I? I'd have to check your references, employment records, talk to your former bosses, coworkers, close friends, etc. to really know you and how you came to be the man you are now. Otherwise, you are a secretive mystery man to me. Do you understand my position?

I simply can't know anything without evidence to go on. All I know is that one way or another, you are financially independent in that you don't have to work and you can travel around all day and hop on a plane anytime you want. But as to how you got there, I have no data or evidence. You could have horrible dark secrets and I wouldn't know about it, right? Maybe you have help or are dependent on someone. How can I know? With a "mystery man" you simply can't know anything.

Yet you seem to expect people to trust you as though your credibility were a given, even though you are highly secretive about your past and have no record or references to check. Isn't it unrealistic and illogical to expect that?

Hope you understand my position.

Heck, even though I've known you for a long time, you won't even show me one picture of your Taiwanese girlfriend. Why is that? Are you that ashamed of her? Every other guy I know has shown me a pic of his girlfriend or wife. So what logical reason is there to be secretive about that? I don't get it.

Anyway guys, I am way behind on work so I have no time to respond to every thread and post here.
Why is it so difficult to understand that some people prefer their privacy. I have a facebook account. My picture is on it. Neither my wife or my son are pictured anywhere on my account. Why? Privacy. Even those i've "friended" on FB can't see my family. What info on me is actually listed on FB? I'm a male. That's it. Why don't i post pictures of my wife here? On this site? Because i respect my wife's wishes and her privacy as well.
Anything you say can be used against you. On the internet, that is more true than anywhere else. Once it's there, it's there to stay forever.
Consider this post on Robin. Do you think she feels a bit violated knowing you are once again posting pictures and criticisms on her? Could it be affecting her real life right now?
This thread in itself justifies Rocks reasons for not divulging more details of his life to you. I don't blame him.

EDIT: Eh, should have read Rocks post first. He said it so much better :)

BTW:

Repatriate:
"Your constant insinuations about knowing some secrets and hanging it over this forum is tiresome really. Either spell it out or shut up about it already."
CheezeRaider:
"haha, all right, I'll shut up already Laughing
I'll take your advise Well-informed Smile"

This is what i meant by not arguing all the time, especially when it's justified. :roll:
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

As an aside, I was very surprised that you invited me meet up with a certain person (unmentionable now) when I was in Angeles as if he was your good buddy. You had previously spent many months preaching to the forum about what an evil character this guy is.

That is surprising.

So now you and Stefan are buddies again, Winston? What led to this turnaround?
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

After looking closer at your bio from the original link, I don't quite understand something. You said in your book that you were dateless for 20 years. But according to your bio you went out with the Viet girl, Robin, and the Wiccan girl. That doesn't sound dateless to me. And you must have had sex with Robin and the Wiccan, so you weren't sexless either.

BTW, Winston is correct about genetics making up a majority of behavior. It has been proven multiple times with identical twin studies where they were separated at birth.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I think he means the first 20 years of his life. Winston said he struggled in high school and college despite making numerous efforts to approach girls.

As a truth seeker I realize free will is largely an illusion and genetics plays a huge part. Academia pushing that nurture is more important than nature is politically motivated junk science. However that is no excuse for putting no effort into raising your child. Success is not based on genetics. Winstons son might not change the world, but that doesn't mean he has to grow up to be a bum.

As for twins, that hardly proves anything. Twins carry a strong bond. We dumb slaves were also taught that the mind creates consciousness, but more and more of us are concluding that consciousness comes from outside in.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

odbo wrote:I think he means the first 20 years of his life. Winston said he struggled in high school and college despite making numerous efforts to approach girls.

As a truth seeker I realize free will is largely an illusion and genetics plays a huge part. Academia pushing that nurture is more important than nature is politically motivated junk science. However that is no excuse for putting no effort into raising your child. Success is not based on genetics. Winstons son might not change the world, but that doesn't mean he has to grow up to be a bum.

As for twins, that hardly proves anything. Twins carry a strong bond. We dumb slaves were also taught that the mind creates consciousness, but more and more of us are concluding that consciousness comes from outside in.
It means something when you compare the correlations between identical twins and fraternal twins separated at birth. And yes I agree, that although your genetics make up a lot of behavior, you can direct it within the window allowed by your genes.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hook wrote:
BTW, Winston is correct about genetics making up a majority of behavior. It has been proven multiple times with identical twin studies where they were separated at birth.
Why don't you post a link to a study or two. I think environment plays a huge role in behavior. If you separated 2 identical twins at a very early age, sent one to the Congo during blood diamond era to be a child soldier and sent the other into a strict Salt Lake City LDS family, you can be sure they would be 2 drastically different individuals behavior wise by the time they hit 18.

From personal experience, I recall knowing 3 sets of identical twins:

1. First set grew up with me in grade school/JHS/HS. They were very similar in behavior and looks, both spoiled brat blond bitches. But they were raised by their parents to be exactly the same. They even dressed in the same outfits most days.

2. Second set were Canadian sisters I knew in Guadalajara Mexico. Now these two were quite different. One was 165 cm, full-figured, and outgoing. The other was just 155 cm (her growth had been stunted in early teens due to anorexia), skinny, and shy. They were identical twins but looked different due to varied experiences growing up.

3. Third set were Chinese Canadians I met in HK during my student days there. One of them was an MBA student, very much into business and making money. The other was a music prodigy who didn't give a shit about money, material goods, or social status. She had a bizarre personality and was in her own world making it hard for most people to connect with her. Because she dressed and made-up so differently from her sister and typically used very different facial expressions, mannerisms, and body language, it was hard to tell the two of them were identical twins.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hook wrote:
odbo wrote:I think he means the first 20 years of his life. Winston said he struggled in high school and college despite making numerous efforts to approach girls.

It means something when you compare the correlations between identical twins and fraternal twins separated at birth. And yes I agree, that although your genetics make up a lot of behavior, you can direct it within the window allowed by your genes.
Certain things like height, physical appearance, raw intelligence, and predisposition towards certain illnesses are normally driven primarily by genetics. But environment has a dominant impact on a person's perception of the world, beliefs and values, motivation, and intellectual development. Anything bad which happens during formative years will often scar someone emotionally, sometimes even physically, often for life. Parents, siblings, and peers have a huge impact on how a person develops between 0 and 18 years of age.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

The research that is done on separated twins is usually done in the same culture under similar economic circumstances. I would like to see a study of twins separated at birth with one growing up in a Western cultural environment under middle class values or higher and the other in an Eastern cultural one where they live under poverty type conditions or vice-versa. We'll see how many similar characteristics they turn out to have at the age of 25 years old... :lol:

I once saw a show where this Korean kid that was adopted by American white parents had recently won a medal in the winter olympics for skiing I think and I guess someone from his previous family in Korea saw his picture and thought it looked like the father whose son went missing years ago. Well somehow he went back to Korea and discovered that when he was a child he got separated in one of the large markets from his father and no one could identify the child at the time so he was put up for adoption and the white family from the states brought him to America.

The Korean family went on with their lives and figured they would never see their son again. So they had another son and life went on. Well if you would compare the second son to the first there it's almost night and day. The Korean adopted by American parents became an olympic medalist and the 2nd son who grew up in Korea was this over weight loser still living at home in his 20's.

Even though they weren't twins they were still brothers with the same genetics. One was successful under a different cultural environment and the other was not. I'm on Rock's side that, yes, genetics plays a role in physical attributes and susceptibilities but it's only one part of the fraction of what makes someone who they are as a person. If you do not provide a reasonable positive, nurturing, educational, safe environment for a child there is a stronger case that they will have some kind of dysfunctionally quarks as an adult, some more so than others depending on the individual and circumstances. Genetics will give someone their benchmarks regarding their ultimate lows and highs in being able to achieve things in life but there is lots of room in the middle for other influences outside of genetics to mold a person to what they become as an adult.

Here's another interesting article, given the son only has half of his DNA, but wouldn't he be more prone to similar criminality if Genetics alone had such a strong link to a persons susceptibility to commit violence?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ather.html
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
tmr
Freshman Poster

Post by tmr »

Well just to refresh the memory here is the comparission chart

http://www.happierabroad.com/comparison.htm

If you go back to the west coast of north america well you'll get nice weather, clean air and lots of great outdoors. And you will also get all the same problems outlined in the chart only magnified now because you are not young anymore.

Some things to think about.

If your plane lands at the airport where you have lived for more than a few years who is there to receive you? (Either at the airport or at home?) How many will know that you had gone somewhere and how many will be interested to know when you are back?

On the other hand it might actually be better with age. The fires have cooled and perhaps the need to be accepted, the need to belong may not be there anymore. or it may not dominate so much anymore. You don't need to be one of the cool kids or be around the cool kids anymore. You no longer crave acceptance and attention from every halfway pretty girl, you no longer go into agony spasms when she doesn't give you attention.

If these needs dominate then the west coast of north america will be an awful hell for you. Nobody belongs there, nobody is accepted there. The place does not welcome you, nobody wonders when your plane is arriving. You beg the place for a small spot where you can park your butt and enjoy the cool breezes :).

On the other hand if these needs do not dominate then it can be quite a pleasant place actually. If you have a family of your own and a small group of somehow sane friends in the area and no one is apt to go crazy on any personal quest to discover their inner whatever, then you can have a very pleasant life. You'll find something to do and you have your group you can come back to.

But at the core you do have to make a transition, a spiritual one for anything to work at all. You have to give up trying to be 'happier'. Just enjoy being happy. As long as you are trying to be 'happier' you will be judging and comparing and that comparisson will make you miserable, thereby destroying your happiness.

Yes I like that. Perhaps this site could be called HappyAbroad not happier abroad? Just enjoy being happy. Why the need to compare? Look around you wherever you are. What are few of the things around you that make you happy? Write them down. And enjoy them.

However it is true that even to just be happy (instead of happier) we do need some basic things, a couple of which are love and companionship. We warm blooded mammals do need this unfortunately. For some these are no longer attainable on the north american continent. So then they must go somewhere where it is.

BTW did you know that mammals are the only ones who have any significant physical contact during mating. For the cold blooded creatures if there is physical contact it is extremely brief. For fishes there is no contact at all. The female lays the eggs the males fertilizes them. Imagine if we were like that. We had no need to touch and be touched, to love and be loved. Like the fishes. They live as they have lived for aeons, just going about their life pattern unconsciously.

But sometimes it is ok to say to hell with all of this too. Forget all these needs just for a while even if you are not trying to be happier. Just explode into joy here and now! For absolutely no reason. Run down the street in whichever part of the world you are in screaming your joy like a crazy banshee. Do it in your underwear (try not to get arrested). Then come back and splather ice all over your body. Or sit in a sauna if you are in a very cold place.

Speaking of the pacific, as you go north on the west coast of the north american continent the water turns a darker shade of silver-metallic blue. On a sunny day when the fog clears up the sunlight bounces off the ocean surface, leaving behind a shimmering glaze like someone scatttered a huge cache of diamonds in the water. Aah what a sight.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out. I found a current picture of my ex, Robin LaFleur, now Suther. Apparently, she's gone obese, just like her family. I guess what they say is right, that a girl will usually look similar to her mother as she gets older. Her photo was featured in a story about her sister Jennifer's fight with brain cancer.

Here it is. Robin is the one to the right of center, next to her mom and husband. As you can see, she's chubby now, like the rest of her family.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/08/2 ... itive.html

Contrast that to how she looked before when she was thin, which I posted earlier in this thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=41277#41277

I guess I'm lucky I'm not still with her huh?
Last edited by Winston on October 26th, 2012, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hook wrote:After looking closer at your bio from the original link, I don't quite understand something. You said in your book that you were dateless for 20 years. But according to your bio you went out with the Viet girl, Robin, and the Wiccan girl. That doesn't sound dateless to me. And you must have had sex with Robin and the Wiccan, so you weren't sexless either.

I never said that I was a virgin in America. I said that 99.99 percent of my days in America was sexless. That's what I mean by a sexless life. Just because I find a girlfriend once every few years or get lucky once in a blue moon doesn't change that. 99 percent of the time, I have no dating choices and I am miserable, frustrated and deprived of love, sex, and romantic dates, the kind you see idolized in movies where the couples are happy, in love, cuddling, and laughing and giggling, etc. Being constantly unsatisfied is suffering, even if your other needs are met. This is especially true if you are a guy who thrives on passion, like I am.

You should have deduced what I meant from common sense.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne