Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
14 posts • Page 1 of 1
What's up everyone! Awesome to be here. I didn't think I would find a place where people actually shared similar sentiments about the dating scene in America, which is akin to a toxic wasteland of Bianca Bitchdom, Gold Digging Glorias, Picky Paulines and Superficial Supercunts. I'm 26, single, living in Southern Calfornia. I am looking to eventually leave the US and relocate to the Philippines. I have heard great things about the dating scene there. The women appear to refreshingly feminine, warm and socially open to meeting men. Both Winston and Steve Hoca reaffirmed my beliefs about what America is really like. They are both right. America is an artificial, money-grubbing, anti-social hell hole. Here are some of my own observations about the attitudes and social dynamics in this country:
1) The rugged sense of individualism is over the top. Pride is off the charts.
2) Blind patriotism. People here believe in fighting for unjust wars and the "boogeyman". "I fight for freedom!"
3) Voicing any kind of disapproval whether it pertains to government policy or social norms/customs yields the predictable specious charge of "If you don't like it here, get out. We don't need you here."
4) You are dismissed as a "conspiracy nut" if you speak out, with calm rationale, that things are set up a certain way here to make people here compliant to a certain mode of behavior and way of existence.
5) Law enforcement is corrupt, self-serving, jack booted and operates antithetically to their job mandate as public servants. (BART cop Johannes Mehserle anyone? And Fullerton Police beating a homeless schizoid to death being the latest one)
6) Getting dates and romancing women is a monumental task, even for a decent looking person like myself. Its completely unnatural. The psychological barriers Winston talks about are true. It's REAL. Go to any public place (coffee shop, book store, the mall) and find and look at women you find attractive and want to talk to. You will sense any of the following vibes "don't talk to me" "stay away" "I'm in my own world" "Don't approach me you creep!" And, if you manage to get past that, the games, introductory bullshit and sensing the hoops she will make you jump through just to get together for a "date". And, if you express sexual interest in an upfront and straightfoward manner to avoid her games, you get lambasted with "How dare you say that! I refuse to be treated like I'm just a piece of meat!" Christ! Rebuilding a transmission is easier than trying to get with a woman you want to sleep with!
7) No sense of community, or camaraderie among your common man. The hell with you if you are down on your luck, homeless and out on the street. Judgmental attitudes are rampant.
I would like anyone to chime in here. I'd like to know what steps I can take to get out of here. Also, I want to hear your experiences about dating in the Philippines. I know Winston has a chock full of his own on this site, which I will be reading about. I just want to have some reference points so I can make my first trip an enjoyable experience. It will be a testing of the waters to see how I like things there.
Last edited by jcris7 on May 17th, 2012, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome guys. What's so different with SoCal women? The only thing I noticed while visiting L.A. was that they are a textbook example of stuck-upness and only want money, nothing besides money. On contrary, L.A. does not have that many hot chicks, East Hollywood seemed to be totally ghetto, while West Hollywood is very superficial and it's all about bling-bling. Did I get it right or wrong?
Hi Tony. Born and raised in Riverside, CA, outside of metro LA. I still live here to stay close to family. I know Anaheim quite well.
My experience with SoCal women has run the entire gamut. Because I'm a straight-shooter and don't play games, I learned and experienced all of them because from the reactions I get. I've been lucky to enough to not be a sucker to the money whores, who expect you to wine and dine them and pay for the privilege to share they company. My honesty exposes them VERY quickly. I've had decent luck with a few cool girls, but that's only because they liked my upfront and straightforward honesty about my intentions. They are like a needle in a haystack. In general though, a lot of women here are either money and status conscious, or they will only date a guy who is a certain type, physically. And if you don't fit the type and have some kind of financial fortune, you're dropped pretty quickly. My experiences have been all right with the ones who reciprocated, but I feel its too much work and there aren't not enough options.
Have2fly - Your observations are dead ACCURATE. A majority of LA is exactly as you described. One chick I dated briefly from West LA (an Asian artist type) stopped dating me because she didn't like my car. She made a crack about it "Why are you driving a granny car? I'm embarrassed to be in this thing with you"
I've seen some crazy shit here in LA, the land of entertainment, while doing my undergrad at USC. Some guys (doctors, lawyers, producer types) would be giving women fancy cars and cash, before even sleeping with them, and they would be off screwing some other bad boy type. I once dated a girl just for the sex, and she told me specifically about this kind of thing. Scary!
Last edited by jcris7 on May 17th, 2012, 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah Tony you're right. I find SoCal girls to be wild party girls too, and its something that I don't find attractive at all. They try to act like men, with the drinking, drugs and hardcore "I can hang" attitudes.
Very sorry to hear about her. She sounds like someone that you really liked. Once in a while, you'll find a great catch that is marriage material but a major dealbreaker enters the picture that prevents you from sealing the deal. That's the problem I've found with Western women, especially So Cal girls. Great people, but sometimes major character flaws or habits that tend to negate everything that's good about them.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
SoCal ain't all that bad, but for the average guy, it sucks. It totally depends on your social circles on the women in your dating pool. Once out of school, its these pools where you get your dates from. You expand your pool by looking online for women say up to 50 miles away, which is still LA County in many cases (Pomona for example).
That said, many party animals, I used to see them weekly because my friend had a great place right near Hollywood and Cahuenga. And being a DJ of course I know about them. Easy lay in some cases, not in some others. But not a good idea for long term relationship as women don't seem to understand behavior often times tell what type of men you date hoping they would be different each time out, NOT!
Welcome to the site and yep most American Women are not fit for dating or anything else.
Do you play at Costa Mesa? Let us know when your next concert is. Maybe we can get some locals here to attend. I live in Irvine.
Orange County Symphony for right now plays at Servite Auditorium (Servite High School) in Anaheim. Don't let the venue/label fool you into thinking its an amateur group. We are a professional orchestra, with working professionals and get strong reviews every concert we've done. We're going regional this year or next, and negotiations are in the works with the city and the mayor for building our own concert hall.
Check us out at ocsymphony.org. All of the concerts and dates are there for you to check out (Concert Calendar). And definitely get some people to come momopi! Tickets are cheap, and the concerts always have quality programming and selection of repertoire.