Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules
polya wrote:Questions about India.
1. Has Goa become expensive to rent a nice place & pay for food, etc.
2. Do you have a cook - how much per month would you pay for a cook/cleaner?
3. Is a long-term visa easy to get, or do you have to pay-off multiple people wanting 100 times more money than an Indian would pay?
4. Any problems with local Police, or do they leave tourists alone?
1. I have never been to Goa, so I have no idea about it.
2. No, my wife cooks. But you could hire a cook and a maid for probably 1000 or 1500 rupees a month.
3. The stupid indian government made a new law recently that an American with a long term visa has to leave every 6 months, and he has to stay outside of the country for a minimum of 60 days before returning. It's a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS, and has affected all the local tourists who live there. This f***ing indian government is completely full of shit. I wish Pakistan would blow them all to pieces, corrupt bastards.
4. I never had any problem at all, the police leave you alone if you are a westerner. They usually leave the indians alone as long as they are not doing crime. Police in India don't go around f***ing with people like the American police do. India is the opposite of America, it's not a fascist police state. You actually feel free in India, whereas in America, you feel like the police are watching you 24 hours a day.
- Experienced Poster
- Posts: 1046
- Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 pm
4. I never had any problem at all, the police leave you alone if you are a westerner. They usually leave the indians alone as long as they are not doing crime. Police in India don't go around f***ing with people like the American police do. India is the opposite of America, it's not a fascist police state. You actually feel free in India, whereas in America, you feel like the police are watching you 24 hours a day"
Yet another good reason I do not want to return to the US of Oppression.
- Freshman Poster
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 am
- Location: Thailand
Perhaps I should visit Nepal and write you guys a trip report?
It's only a 3-hour flight from Thailand.
- Experienced Poster
- Posts: 1655
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm
Yeah, I have a question: do Indian people look like Thais?
Seriously though, have you avoided sickness? I'd like to visit India but the only person I know who didn't get really sick there was my Chinese friend (China probably being equally not clean as India).
I think Hindu shrines are the best there are - the ones in Malaysia were fantastic.
- Veteran Poster
- Posts: 2553
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
- Location: London
I would like to visit Nepal one day! I'm really attracted to Nepali/Indian-looking girls. Plus, I heard that Nepal and Bhutan are in the top five 'happiest countries on Earth,' or so I've read online...
- Elite Upper Class Poster
- Posts: 4484
- Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am
Return to Introduce Yourself
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest