Hi all - Hoping to move to the Czh Rep from the USA

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
CzechRaiser07
Freshman Poster

Hi all - Hoping to move to the Czh Rep from the USA

Post by CzechRaiser07 »

Just found this site when I was researching some other stuff about moving abroad.

About me -

I have lived in the USA all my life and am getting pretty sick of it. Mostly it is because I hate the federal government for all their BS - lighting my tax dollars on fire, ruining my currency, religious politicians telling me what is right and wrong, among many other things. I'm done paying into social security/medicare that wont be around when I retire (I'm 27), and I am able to get out of these programs by paying foreign taxes according to my accountant.

I am planning on moving to the Czech Republic as soon as I can get my visa/papers/trade license registered/approved. As far as I know its one of the best countries in the world for meeting young/smart/attractive women. The cost of living is also reasonable; it helps to not have to own a car to get around. I'm very interested in the culture/history of most of Europe and would love to travel all over. The only thing I'm not excited about is the weather, but I think I can get over that with some heavier clothes.

I am self employed via the web, so theres no need for me to find a job anywhere - all I need is a solid internet hookup :)

Feel free to post questions/comments.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 16th, 2013, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CzechRaiser07
Freshman Poster

Post by CzechRaiser07 »

Grew up in Raleigh, went to NCSU, moved to LA in 09, living/moved to Phoenix area this summer.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

In Phoenix huh? Maybe we can hang out sometime? I am also interested in Czech Republic because of its high atheistic population. My plan is to move to Denmark or Sweden in spring 2012. I just need to know more about Czech Republic.
CzechRaiser07
Freshman Poster

Post by CzechRaiser07 »

Sure, send me a PM. I live in Tempe.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

I lived in the CR for 2 years. The young women there are gorgeous, but have become rather snooty and spoiled in the big cities. If you get out into the smaller towns, it's better. The Czechs are highly intellectual, usually one person in their families plays an instrument VERY well, they tend to speak several languages, most have advanced degrees, and they also will look down their noses at Americans they view as dim-witted. If you think of the stereotypical Eurosnob mentality, then the Czechs have it. That being said, it is a cheap place to live. It's centrally located in Europe, the cultural goings-on in Prague are top-notch and hard to match except maybe in Paris or Berlin. The food is heavy with lots of meat and potatoes and beer. They're not so much into veggies, so if you're a vegetarian you may struggle. The winter months (Oct-March) tend to be mostly overcast and if you suffer with SAD, like I do, it gets tough. Maybe just take a short vacation down to southern Italy or the south of France a couple times during the winter to recharge your batteries. It worked for me. Would I live there again? Yes, if only for the extraordinary cultural variety and richness.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

N/A