100% Filipino Guy Here (Hello from Philippines)

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

100% Filipino Guy Here (Hello from Philippines)

Post by filousophe »

Dear all,

I stumbled upon this site when I searched some info about AMWF stuff (Asian Men, White Female). To be exact actually, I was doing, *ehem* a short research on Czech women.

Btw, some of the posts here, especially those that pertain to Filipinas in general, are a bit offensive in my opinion. Would just like to remind everyone to keep it cool and not to generalize way too much.

Anyway, should you want to know about anything in the Philippines, feel free to drop me a message. Thank you and I really look forward to learn a lot from you guys.

Filou

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: 100% Filipino Guy Here (Hello from Philippines)

Post by Repatriate »

filousophe wrote: Btw, some of the posts here, especially those that pertain to Filipinas in general, are a bit offensive in my opinion. Would just like to remind everyone to keep it cool and not to generalize way too much.
Welcome.

The first thing you should do is read the big warning on top. This is a place for relatively free (non-trolling) discussion on such issues. A lot of opinions people give about Filipinas are from anecdotal experiences living and working there. Of course there will be generalizations and personal biases involved but these first hand experiences are an invaluable part of informing others of what their impressions are.

I'd advise not to take opinions personally because it's what people have experienced. Not everyone will have positive experiences with a people or culture.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

^Perfectly fine with the bashing stuff. My post intends to only remind everyone that a single bad experience SHOULD NOT spoil the whole thing.

Thanks for replying though.
paresnath
Freshman Poster

Post by paresnath »

I am also new here and very thankful that I came to this thread.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is strange. This thread appears in the new topics box at the top, but it doesn't appear in the Introduction section where it's supposed to be. Have a look:

viewforum.php?f=18

If this forum is breaking apart due to the volume of posts, I might have to upgrade it to phpbb 3, which will suck.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

filousophe wrote:^Perfectly fine with the bashing stuff. My post intends to only remind everyone that a single bad experience SHOULD NOT spoil the whole thing.

Thanks for replying though.
Yeah but it's not a single bad experience. It's MANY MANY. Every expat in the Philippines agrees with the observations made here. I've asked them. But they won't tell that to a Pinoy's face.

All my friends reported the same, even they went to Davao, it was the same. His girlfriend was fun and playful, but shameless in trying to force him to pay for her and all her friends without even asking first. The girls don't give a flying f**k about a man's budget or his desire to save. That really sickens me. It is definitely part of their culture to do that. Since 99 percent of Filipinas I've met are like that. That's just who they are. I'm sorry if that's offensive, but if you don't like it, you should get angry at the Filipinas who do that, not at us who simply report it. The ones with such bad uncivilized inconsiderate behaviors are to blame, not the ones that tell it like it is.

Welcome to the forum filousophe, by the way. What does filousophe mean?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: 100% Filipino Guy Here (Hello from Philippines)

Post by Winston »

filousophe wrote: Anyway, should you want to know about anything in the Philippines, feel free to drop me a message. Thank you and I really look forward to learn a lot from you guys.

Filou
Yeah I have a few questions.

1. Do you think it's fair or right for a Filipino family to expect free cash from a foreigner and make him feel obligated to it? Isn't that rude and inappropriate and presumptuous? If you were poor and dating a foreigner, would you expect him to?

2. How should you refuse a request for a "loan" (aka free money) from a Filipina and her family? By saying "I have to support my sister and parents and can't afford to give anymore" or "I'm too poor to help you" like Ladislav and Filipina suggests? If so, why? Why can't I just tell the truth and say this:

"Well this is the real world, and money is not free. Rich Filipinos and banks don't give free loans either, not without collateral. You aren't offering anything as collateral so you can't pay me back. Everyone knows that people who need to borrow have no ability to pay back. I am not a charity. It's not my policy to give out free cash. If I was that stupid, then I would be broke and I never would have come to your country. If you want money, you'll have to earn it. Nothing in the Philippines is free. I don't get anything for free here either. Besides, I like to save money and spend it wisely. Chinese people don't like wasting money, esp to people who are not even family."

That's the truth, so why not say that? I hate lying.

3. Don't I have a right to say that Filipinos are stingy? Look at the facts. I don't get anything for free in the PH, yet many people expect me to give out free treats, free cash, treat everyone with a smile, etc. How would you feel if you were me? Would you feel like you're being treated fairly and respectfully? If I get nothing for free, and am expected to be giving and generous, don't I have a right to call it as I see it? Wouldn't you?

Look at restaurants. Korean restaurants give you 8 free appetizers before your meal. Chinese restaurants give you free unlimited tea, and fruit for your dessert. Japanese restaurants give you free unlimited green tea and sometimes free miso soup too. Mexican restaurants give you free unlimited chips and salsa. American fancy restaurants give you free bread. But Filipino owned restaurants give you NOTHING for free, NOTHING complimentary! What does that tell you? Look at the big picture and the little things, and you'll learn a lot. Do you see what I mean now? Make sense?

So then, how come Filipinas call foreigners kuripot, but not their own people?
Last edited by Winston on November 29th, 2011, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

well, filousophe is just a play of words I got from reading a novel. Shame on me but I can't really remember the meaning of it. I'm pretty sure though that it's not humiliating. haha.

anyway, on your opinion about filipinas in general, well i think you guys are just unfortunate to hang out with the gold-diggers type. i suggest that you hang out with some of the expensive bars here - the one with less non-filipino guys. this is to lessen the chance of bumping into those gold-diggers type that just target your type. there really are a handful of these girls. this is sad but true.

hope this helps.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Welcome!

Question for you: I asked one of my Filipina female friends this question and she flat out told me "NO."

Do you have to pay an allowance to your Filipina girlfriend each week or each money as a custom?

I don't care, but I wanted to ask a Filipino because you are a rarity on the forum. Most of the Filipinas I asked have told me no.

I am black and a black guy I know has been with his Filipina girlfriend for 5 years and he told me he doesn't pay an allowance or other things I have heard on this forum about Filipinas like going to McDonald's and paying for the whole family.

I just want clarification from a Filipino.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

ok, let me respond to your queries and at least shed a light on some of the questions that baffle most guys like you.

1. well, let me first put things in perspective. you do have to remember that we have been under colonialism so colonial mentality is quite prevalent. anything foreign is automatically perceived superior. that includes wealth. even though a foreigner is relatively poor in his home country, he is inevitably thought as a guy who can save a poor girl from poverty. it just depends on the non-Filipino guy whether he wants to feel obligated.

2. i understand how annoying this is. just kindly refuse and tell her that you're not the provider type of guy. this is a great way by the way to filter off the gold-diggers.

3. you don't get anything free from a filipino-owned restaurant if it serves the mass market, so to speak. well, from my experience though, the only thing i get for free is the soup. haha. sad but true.

as for your rants about you being expected to hand out cash for free, kindly refer to my answer in no 1.

my friend, the key here is just to filter off the gold-diggers from the very beginning. just be clear with what can be expected from you.

hope this helps winston.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

In another thread you said you don't look Chinese but Filipino and you seemed to be quick in establishing that. Do you happen to have green eyes perchance?

:lol:
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Welcome!

Question for you: I asked one of my Filipina female friends this question and she flat out told me "NO."

Do you have to pay an allowance to your Filipina girlfriend each week or each money as a custom?

I don't care, but I wanted to ask a Filipino because you are a rarity on the forum. Most of the Filipinas I asked have told me no.

I am black and a black guy I know has been with his Filipina girlfriend for 5 years and he told me he doesn't pay an allowance or other things I have heard on this forum about Filipinas like going to McDonald's and paying for the whole family.

I just want clarification from a Filipino.

sadly my friend, you just found out a gold-digger type. you're not obliged to send the filipina girl an allowance regularly.

wait, how do you guys look for filipina girlfriends? if you look online or in red district areas, then don't expect to stumble upon a real good filipina girl.

hope this helps.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Last edited by Fenix on January 17th, 2012, 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

Repatriate wrote:In another thread you said you don't look Chinese but Filipino and you seemed to be quick in establishing that. Do you happen to have green eyes perchance?

:lol:
well, i'm under this impression that some ignorant europeans/US citizens quickly associate asians with chinese. they just have to know that filipinos are asians as well. haha.

green eyes are very uncommon here. let alone blue eyes. we only have dark brown and light brown as eye color. other eye colors would have to be borne out from non-filipino parents.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Like you, I am going to Europe for a girlfriend. I talk to many women from several European countries and I am not even sniffing the Philippines. I don't really care about this, but the owner of this site, Winston, he was dumb enough to pay his girlfriend an allowance.

In Winston's case, he lives in Angeles City and he complains about the women there. Hmm... I wonder why?

Many guys on here go on Filipino cupid, Cherry Blossoms and DateinAsia websites for these women.

I found my Filipina friend on MySpace in 2008. I am not interested in your country, no offense. It is overrated as hell for women; overrated period. I just wanted to know about "allowances." It didn't sound right when I first heard about it. It is just weird to pay your girlfriend lunch money and you don't have to and why would you?

Thanks for your post!
Angeles City is quite a hotspot for non-filipino guys looking for filipina girls. i suspect this all started when the american soldiers visited here for some military program. well, i'm assuming that you guys hang out a lot in the red district areas of the said city. with this in mind, just don't expect to find a girl who would genuinely care for you.

online dating sites are not recommended if you really are looking for that "genuine" type of relationship. for a non-filipino guy to find a decent girl here, i suggest that you live here for at least a year and explore the most popular places.

as for the allowance thing, just think about this: if you fall for a few times on this, then expect for more demands.