Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


New guy..

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

New guy..

Postby Capster78 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:06 am

I have read several interesting posts here and found myself unable to stop myself from joining the sight. Seeing that so many men have seen "the light" while living abroad, and others who have luckily stumbled into it. I saw it when I joined the Military and got my first assignment overseas to Korea. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Like anyone else seeing the light for the first time, I was green and it showed. I made a few mistakes and spent a few $$ making them at first. Later on I looked back on it and now think of it as something I had to go thru to learn what to look out for. Fortunatly I was able to recognize the signs early on that I was being taken advantage of and turn it to my favor. Even if I had spent a lot of money, it was an investment well worth it because I was having the most fun I have ever had in my life.

Coming from the U.S. and having many issues with women there, having the light shed on me was kind of like alcohol to an alcoholic at first. Once the hangover wore off and I was able to hold down my liquor after building up some tolerance, I finally stumbled on my treasure. While in the U.S., I found myself on the recieving end of many shallow and hollow american women. I was living at home with my parents still at the tender age of 25. I was a good looking guy, but shy. I was never the type to be able to walk up to a woman and "pick her up". For one, the rejection is humiliating, and for two, most of the time I felt it was just not worth all the work just for one night of lousy sex. I had always felt there was something not quite right about women in the U.S. I thought maybe it was just me who saw the vast inequalities that existed in the dating world in the U.S. I always felt like a comedian on stage performing when I was on a date. Or I felt like a strange species under the microscope of a scientist. I found that being "myself" was about the worst mistake you could make when dating an american woman. That there were particular mind games you had to play and you had to feed her information slowly to keep her coming back. You could not just disclose your whole personality on the first date.

Stepping into my first social interaction with a forign woman was like stepping on a martian world. I kind of felt like Neil Armstrong stepping on the moon for the first time. I noticed that I was not the one doing the skipping and dancing for once. I felt I had control of the date and that she was interviewing for MY attention. It was a liberating expirience coming from being on the other end of that expirience. It felt right too, like it should be this way. I actually felt like a man on a date rather than a goofy, stumbling comedian on stage desperatly seeking a laugh. I had her full attention and she actually seemed interested in what I was saying. She did not feel the need to talk all about herself the whole date and was as equally interested in learning about me as I was about her. To cut the story short, we were married about a year after that.. and now we have been happily married for 2 years now. She is a wonderful woman, and I don't know what I would do without her. She takes care of me as a MAN and I take care of her like a man should take care of a woman. There is not much grey area in our relationship. We both feel comfortable in our roles and there is no confusion. I think that is why we are both so happy because we have no need to argue about anything. She is happy being a woman who takes care of her man, and I am happy being a man that takes care of a woman. It seems this is the core issue in most american relationships. There are no defined roles, which leads to much confusion and much argument over who is responsible for what. The thought that men and women are equal is simply rubbish. Women and men are not equal. The average woman is no where near physically able to handle the work a man can.. And the average man simply does not have the patience most women have to deal with a screaming baby at 3AM every night. There is a reason we have unique traits for each sex. Men, more physical.. Women, more emotional. They were not made this way on accident. It is this confusion of roles that causes so many problems on both sides. I could probably write an entire book about it as much as I have thought about all of it over the last 5 years...

Anyhow, I have already found my lady so I am not looking for one. But I am more than happy to lend an ear to those who are searching for "the light" and input my advice and expiriences.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Postby zboy1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 am

Nice to hear your story. Are you still living in Korea? I've applied to several schools to teach English over there--but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm Korean American, and would love to live there for a while. Sounds like you can provide some background on Korea for those interested in the country.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Falcon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 am

Welcome to the forum, Capster78. Congratulations on your wonderful new wife!

I actually felt like a man on a date rather than a goofy, stumbling comedian on stage desperatly seeking a laugh. I had her full attention and she actually seemed interested in what I was saying. She did not feel the need to talk all about herself the whole date and was as equally interested in learning about me as I was about her.


That was also exactly I felt when I met my girlfriend in Mexico.

Hope to read some more interesting posts from you!
Last edited by Falcon on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby Capster78 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:38 am

No, my wife is not Korean.. She is Filipina. She was working as a waitress in Korea at a resturaunt I use to go to all the time. My mom was stationed in the philippines when I was younger and I have always been fond of Filipino food as a result. I found a good filipino resturaunt in Korea and that is where I met her.

I can't tell you much about Korean women other than it is very hard for an American man to get one. Most Korean women don't speak much english so there is usually a big issue with communication. Many of them also prefer Korean men. The culture difference between Koreans and Americans is vast so it is really hard for an American man to find one who will understand our american ways. Im not saying it is impossible, because I know a few guys who did find Korean women while overseas, but it was actually easier for most guys I know to marry forigners while in Korea. Mostly Filipina and Russian girls.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Postby Taco » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:11 am

Falcon wrote:Welcome to the forum, Capster78. Congratulations on your wonderful new wife!

I actually felt like a man on a date rather than a goofy, stumbling comedian on stage desperatly seeking a laugh. I had her full attention and she actually seemed interested in what I was saying. She did not feel the need to talk all about herself the whole date and was as equally interested in learning about me as I was about her.


That was also exactly I felt when I met my girlfriend in Mexico.

Hope to read some more interesting posts from you!


Yeah, I experienced the same thing, at first I thought she was faking her sincerity because I had never observed honest behavior in any of the American women I dated.

One of a filipinas greatest fears is that her boyfriend will leave her for another woman, which happens all the the time in the Philippines. As a result, filipinas will be very attentive and sensitive to her mans needs if she likes him. Also, when she wants sex from you more than she wants money from you then you'll know she loves you, women don't normally fake 5 consecutive multiple orgasms!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby zboy1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 am

Capster78 wrote:No, my wife is not Korean.. She is Filipina. She was working as a waitress in Korea at a resturaunt I use to go to all the time. My mom was stationed in the philippines when I was younger and I have always been fond of Filipino food as a result. I found a good filipino resturaunt in Korea and that is where I met her.

I can't tell you much about Korean women other than it is very hard for an American man to get one. Most Korean women don't speak much english so there is usually a big issue with communication. Many of them also prefer Korean men. The culture difference between Koreans and Americans is vast so it is really hard for an American man to find one who will understand our american ways. Im not saying it is impossible, because I know a few guys who did find Korean women while overseas, but it was actually easier for most guys I know to marry forigners while in Korea. Mostly Filipina and Russian girls.


Yeah, people will be shocked to know that so many foreigners are living in Korea! I know the last time I visited my relatives was in 2009, and I was shocked to see so many Russian, Indians, Filipinos, Chinese, Americans and Europeans in the country! The last time I visited S. Korea was in 1989! So, things have really changed over there!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Capster78 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 am

zboy1 wrote:
Capster78 wrote:No, my wife is not Korean.. She is Filipina. She was working as a waitress in Korea at a resturaunt I use to go to all the time. My mom was stationed in the philippines when I was younger and I have always been fond of Filipino food as a result. I found a good filipino resturaunt in Korea and that is where I met her.

I can't tell you much about Korean women other than it is very hard for an American man to get one. Most Korean women don't speak much english so there is usually a big issue with communication. Many of them also prefer Korean men. The culture difference between Koreans and Americans is vast so it is really hard for an American man to find one who will understand our american ways. Im not saying it is impossible, because I know a few guys who did find Korean women while overseas, but it was actually easier for most guys I know to marry forigners while in Korea. Mostly Filipina and Russian girls.


Yeah, people will be shocked to know that so many foreigners are living in Korea! I know the last time I visited my relatives was in 2009, and I was shocked to see so many Russian, Indians, Filipinos, Chinese, Americans and Europeans in the country! The last time I visited S. Korea was in 1989! So, things have really changed over there!


Yeah, there are quite a few living there. I found that it was easier running with the forign crowd there than meeting Koreans. Most of them did not like americans and kind of :roll: at me even before I could say a word to them so I stuck to meeting filipina and russian girls while I was there. I do, however, love Korean food. Probably my favorate food other than Thai food. I love Kimchi!!! I can't seem to find many places here that have real kimchi so I am missing that a lot!
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Postby Falcon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 am

zboy1 wrote:Yeah, people will be shocked to know that so many foreigners are living in Korea! I know the last time I visited my relatives was in 2009, and I was shocked to see so many Russian, Indians, Filipinos, Chinese, Americans and Europeans in the country! The last time I visited S. Korea was in 1989! So, things have really changed over there!


That's also what shocked me when I went to Taiwan. Foreigners everywhere! Of course all the guide books and websites would say that you'll be in a racially homogeneous society where foreigners would stand out like rare, exotic alien creatures. But not so! There were Americans, Canadians, Germans, Australians, Southeast Asians, Arabs, Indians ... you name it ... running all over Taipei. Often with local Taiwanese girlfriends and wives! :D

The foreigners didn't even get stared at very much, since the locals seemed to be quite used to them.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm


Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests