Long time lurker from Shanghai

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
adann
Freshman Poster

Long time lurker from Shanghai

Post by adann »

Greetings,

I've been reading this site on and off for about a year already.

A bit about myself. I'm Canadian of Asian descent. I grew up in the Greater Toronto Area. I've been living in Shanghai, China for a few years. I teach English at a small school here.

As for my views...I've always wondered why good/nice guys finished last and why the girls always went for bad boys/thugs. In addition, I never understood why men are treated like second class citizens in Anglo societies while women can do no wrong.

I hate how these things are considered taboo and you can't really about it. So much for the right to express eh?

Anyway, it's a good thing I don't have to deal with these issues anymore. :)
Last edited by adann on January 16th, 2017, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, adann. I'm Asian Americans myself and there are several Asian American posters here as well. Tell me, how do you like living in China? How do you like teaching in China? I'm getting ready to get my documents ready to teach in Korea soon.
adann
Freshman Poster

Post by adann »

Thanks.

Life in China, well Shanghai isn't too bad. I would say it's the most modern Chinese city and it sure is crowded. China is pretty safe except that you gotta watch out for petty thieves. Teaching here has been fun. I haven't had any problems as I work at a public school. Students have been easy to get along with. Guys can have a social and dating life here because Chinese girls are pretty easy to talk to.

I think I've been here long enough and I need a change in environment. This will be my last term here and I think I will check out Korea or Japan in the fall.

Zboy have you taught English abroad before?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

adann wrote:Thanks.

Life in China, well Shanghai isn't too bad. I would say it's the most modern Chinese city and it sure is crowded. China is pretty safe except that you gotta watch out for petty thieves. Teaching here has been fun. I haven't had any problems as I work at a public school. Students have been easy to get along with. Guys can have a social and dating life here because Chinese girls are pretty easy to talk to.

I think I've been here long enough and I need a change in environment. This will be my last term here and I think I will check out Korea or Japan in the fall.

Zboy have you taught English abroad before?
No, I have no prior experience! I'm glad you found teaching to be fun. I'm kinda worried about my lack of experience will affect my teaching ability. I'm taking an online TESOL course to prepare myself for teaching in Korea, eventually.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh hi. Welcome. Is it true that China is a pick up paradise? I've heard mixed things about that.

Is it true that Shanghai is full of gold diggers and princesses who only like rich men? Everyone says that.

Some Chinese girls I talked to don't like Shanghai. Do you know why?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne