Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

'Ello everyone

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

'Ello everyone

Postby CJStyles » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't recall how I came across this site, but I'm glad I did.

I've been a lurker for about a week until I finally decided to take the plunge and take a trip to the Philippines based on reviews from everyone on here. Specifically Cebu/Davao (possibly a bit of Bangkok) in late November, so if there's anyone in the area or planning on going hit me up.

I'm in my early 20's, living a young urban professional's life in Toronto, Canada...thus tired of the bullshite dating scene and need to get away for a bit before I lose my mind.

Shout outs to pete98146, Jacare & davewe who have already provided awesome answers to my stupid questions.
CJStyles
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Welcome CJ Styles. Glad to see liked minded newcomers. :)
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rayn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:48 am

CJStyles, welcome. Nice to see you here.

Wow, even local-born Torontonian yuppies had it bad in Canada huh...

I used to be regretful that I missed out on the chance to study abroad at Waterloo - as my stepping stone to settling in Canada. Looks like it wouldn't make much of a difference in my frequently single life even if I move there. I probably fare even worse than you did since I would be a foreigner there.

Oh well, I'm still sticking to Europe, as it is. :wink:
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Postby CJStyles » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey Rayn,

I won't lie and say that Canada is completely devoid of relationships, we're generally warmer than the United States (also depending where you go, Montreal will be a lot friendlier than Toronto). But we're also very North American styled, so unless you've got a lot of game or look really good it's difficult to meet women.

I've only been in a few relationships, and they all came from long term friendships (working, school). So if you're only visiting it would be difficult for the average guy.
CJStyles
Freshman Poster

Postby Rayn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 am

Oh, I am good looking, I assure you. Used to be an ugly duckling as a kid, but getting the oh-so-pleasant H-word thrown at me at first glance as of now, at close to 28.

About having game, however...bah. With girls (with anyone, actually) I insist on being myself, acting respectful and not being wishy-washy about my intentions. I have no pickup line other than "Hi, my name is XXX..." with a gesture for a handshake when I meet girls in mutual activities or events. And a few other things...like standing up straight, speaking clearly, and looking at them dead straight in the eyes when I speak.

But I refuse to do any of those Neil Strauss-ish nonesense like negging, mentioning an imaginary girlfriend to induce jealousy, acting like an asshole, delaying response to calls, etc. I don't think of women as targets to be gamed upon - but as fellow people.

Even reading through that very term 'game' sickens me. It was as if to pursue a meaningful and empathic long-term relationship one must be deceitful and manipulative to women. f***ing eww.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Rayn wrote:Oh, I am good looking, I assure you. Used to be an ugly duckling as a kid, but getting the oh-so-pleasant H-word thrown at me at first glance as of now, at close to 28.

About having game, however...bah. With girls (with anyone, actually) I insist on being myself, acting respectful and not being wishy-washy about my intentions. I have no pickup line other than "Hi, my name is XXX..." with a gesture for a handshake when I meet girls in mutual activities or events. And a few other things...like standing up straight, speaking clearly, and looking at them dead straight in the eyes when I speak.

But I refuse to do any of those Neil Strauss-ish nonesense like negging, mentioning an imaginary girlfriend to induce jealousy, acting like an asshole, delaying response to calls, etc. I don't think of women as targets to be gamed upon - but as fellow people.

Even reading through that very term 'game' sickens me. It was as if to pursue a meaningful and empathic long-term relationship one must be deceitful and manipulative to women. f***ing eww.

Same with me, I hate all that PUA bullshit. I just want to act myself--and if women don't like it--f**k them.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby colibri » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:32 am

welcome ! :)
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself