Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


About Ginger

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Re: About Ginger

Postby colibri » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am

" musing to self: maybe I should change my avatar to some male eye candy as well "

lol u just gave me the best idea , maybe i shoukd try it too :P
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
User avatar
colibri
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am
Location: AZTLAN







Postby Rock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:02 am

One thing Ginger admitted to me is that something like 10 different school mates in her circle of friends asked her for 'loans' over the years because they knew she had a relatively good job. Hmm, that never happened to me even once in any of the schools I attended in 3 different countries.

Perhaps Winston has some pretty valid points about the tendency of a large percentage of Pinoys/ays to leech onto anyone they think has some spare money. She even told me about a professor who asked for and received a 10,000 Peso loan from her at one of the institutions she visited and 2 days later disappeared (resigned). She told me loan = gift in Phils for most cases but I think we all knew that much.
Last edited by Rock on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Dragon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 am

Rock wrote:One thing Ginger admitted to me is that something like 10 different school mates in her circle of friends asked her for 'loans' over the years because they knew she had a relatively good job. Hmm, that never happened to me even once in any of the schools I attended in 3 different countries.

Perhaps Winston has some pretty valid points about the tendency of a large percentage of Pinoys/ays to leech onto anyone they think has some spare money. She even told me about a professor who asked for and received a 10,000 Peso loan from her at one of the institutions she worked at and 2 days later disappeared (resigned).


I was never been able to put my finger on it, but now I can. Philippinos = Asian Gypsies. It all makes sense.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Postby Rock » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 am

Some Filipinas can be very attractive and intellectual at the same time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmG-AnkDekA
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Jester » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 am

Dragon wrote:
Rock wrote:One thing Ginger admitted to me is that something like 10 different school mates in her circle of friends asked her for 'loans' over the years because they knew she had a relatively good job. Hmm, that never happened to me even once in any of the schools I attended in 3 different countries.

Perhaps Winston has some pretty valid points about the tendency of a large percentage of Pinoys/ays to leech onto anyone they think has some spare money. She even told me about a professor who asked for and received a 10,000 Peso loan from her at one of the institutions she worked at and 2 days later disappeared (resigned).


I was never been able to put my finger on it, but now I can. Philippinos = Asian Gypsies. It all makes sense.

Hmm. Gypsies never do honest work. Filipinos do.

I think its more apt to call them the Irish of Asia. Working class, singing, carousing, friendly, lovable... NaughtyNomad, who is Irish, concurred when I suggested this on his site a while back.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Ginger » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Postby publicduende » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Welcome on the board, Ginger! Judging from your first posts you're smart, well-educated and with a good sense of humour. I'm sure you'll be "voice of reason" here. Enjoy!
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby Ginger » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Postby Jacaré » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 am

Welcome on board Ginger. It's always good to have locals and more so, smart, intelligent and fun Pinay ladies in here among a sea of men. I've read your insightful comments in the Pros and Cons to living in the Phils and find them quite interesting. Please keep them coming those golden gems!

Cheers.:)
Jacaré
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Re: About Ginger

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:48 am

Rock wrote:Be kind to her and enjoy her while she lasts here. I plan to meet her again before I leave :)


Be nice to Ginger? Hmmmmm, I have to think about it...... :wink:
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby Jester » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:33 am

Ginger wrote:

Jester wrote:Hmm. Gypsies never do honest work. Filipinos do.

I think its more apt to call them the Irish of Asia. Working class, singing, carousing, friendly, lovable... NaughtyNomad, who is Irish, concurred when I suggested this on his site a while back.



I like gypsies, are they really that badddd?




Ginger, have you ever met any Gypsies, or just seen them in old movies?
You will learn fast if you come to the big city, Island Girl.

They are charming, but sew your pockets shut. They are like musicians, without the character. :wink: Lovable parasites.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Ginger » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 am

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:24 am

Ginger, is that you in the avatar? Why does it only show half your face? It looks so incomplete. LOL
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Ginger » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:06 am

:)
Last edited by Ginger on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm
Location: somewhere out there

Postby C.J. » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 am

Ginger wrote:So far only one person here knows my real identity and is sworn to secrecy (Or else haha).

Rock? Wow that wasn't hard. :D I'll just pressure him to give me pics of your face. PROBLEM SOLVED! MISSION COMPLETE. lol
C.J.
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests