Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anyone else been here before?

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Anyone else been here before?

Postby wanderlust » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. I lurked on here for a while before getting serious and registering. Some of your experiences/reflections sound similar to mine.

Here's my situation: early 30's, no kids, never married. I work in a blue collar occupation and make decent money but it's really difficult to meet anyone of good quality who's serious. Part of it is the culture of today, part of it is the sparse population where I live, and part of it is the local sex ratio. I would like to go abroad but can't leave my job for more than a couple weeks straight - so, can't really live abroad. The job would be somewhat difficult to replace and isn't portable.

So here are some questions for anyone who can answer:

Anyone had experience bringing a fiancé/wife back to a sparsely populated area?
Where would be a good place to look for one who'd be alright with that setting?
Realistically, how much progress can someone make in two weeks, in a new country? Any experiences?
Will a blue collar occupation change the nature of the game? How?
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Welcome to Happier Abroad! I'm sure you'll get some positive and negative remarks from the other members. Since I'm a glass half full type of guy I'll give you the positive spin...

Nothing that you've said so far would prevent you from finding a nice bride from overseas. Many on here will tell you to NEVER bring over a foreign bride to the US but that's just B.S. If you marry the right type of gal you'll be fine. I've been married for almost 8 years and I'm very happy.

Yes your biggest issue will be bringing back a girl to a remote area. Perhaps this will be no big deal if you are able to start a family. Having kids is always a big responsibility and will keep her occupied. I would suggest signing up for an foreign online dating site. I used Cherry Blossoms because I was interested in filipinas. If you are interested in the same, you'd want to avoid girls from the big cities (Manila and Cebu) like the plague and focus on girls from the smaller provinces.

Most importantly take your time and find a girl from a good family. If you find one, talk to her online for up to a year just to make sure she's 100% onboard with your lifestyle and your goals. At the end of the year, if you are still talking to her THEN save up your money and go visit her.

Pete in Seattle
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Anyone else been here before?

Postby kai1275 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 pm

wanderlust wrote:Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. I lurked on here for a while before getting serious and registering. Some of your experiences/reflections sound similar to mine.

Here's my situation: early 30's, no kids, never married. I work in a blue collar occupation and make decent money but it's really difficult to meet anyone of good quality who's serious. Part of it is the culture of today, part of it is the sparse population where I live, and part of it is the local sex ratio. I would like to go abroad but can't leave my job for more than a couple weeks straight - so, can't really live abroad. The job would be somewhat difficult to replace and isn't portable.

So here are some questions for anyone who can answer:

Anyone had experience bringing a fiancé/wife back to a sparsely populated area?
Where would be a good place to look for one who'd be alright with that setting?
Realistically, how much progress can someone make in two weeks, in a new country? Any experiences?
Will a blue collar occupation change the nature of the game? How?

I'm going to bring my wife home to the US within a few weeks from China. All I can say is that the K-1 process wait time sucks ass. It's around 8 months + or - 1 month. Like you I cannot stay gone long either, the work just piles up too high and the nature of what I do can be seriously busy or high stakes (I am an IT consultant/architect). My wife knows some others that are married to guys like a farmer out in Wisconsin of all places. If they are fine with it, I don't see why you would have a problem either. Those women are a little older than us though (i'm 29), so keep that in mind. An older woman is not going to trip over shit like that. I know for a fact, very young Asian girls care very much what city you live in, if they are not from a rural-like area themselves. If you are not in a tier 1 or 2 major city in the US, they might find that too boring if they are from a large city.

If you are interested in China I have a nice dating guide for men like us in the Asia sub forum.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself