Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

An African immigrant

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Postby Taco » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum.

America has a lot of stressed out people and its reflected in the quality of relationships. The standard of living in the US has been decreasing since the 1971 when the US got rid of the gold standard. As a result, most Americans have to work harder and harder each year to keep what they own which means they have less time for vacations and friendships. All western countries are stressful places to live, you should avoid them if you want to be happy.

I remember a foreign student from Ghana telling me once he was surprised how much poverty there is in America.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:30 am

Taco wrote:
....All western countries are stressful places to live, you should avoid them if you want to be happy.

I remember a foreign student from Ghana telling me once he was surprised how much poverty there is in America.

Filipinos I know are shocked at homelessness here.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:
....All western countries are stressful places to live, you should avoid them if you want to be happy.

My Singapore buddy and old coworker came to the US for training for our team and I took him around Houston and took him to get some spicy Chinese food, and the sheer shock and fixation he had on ogling the homeless people and drugged up beggars on the streets left a lasting impression on me. It really, really bothered him to see that. It was like someone told him an old family member had died or something. He asked me, why don't we Americans do something to get them off the street and clean them up then give them jobs. Apparently being homeless is not allowed at all in Singapore!
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:57 pm

kai1275 wrote:
Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:

My Singapore buddy and old coworker came to the US for training for our team and I took him around Houston and took him to get some spicy Chinese food, and the sheer shock and fixation he had on ogling the homeless people and drugged up beggars on the streets left a lasting impression on me. It really, really bothered him to see that. It was like someone told him an old family member had died or something. He asked me, why don't we Americans do something to get them off the street and clean them up then give them jobs. Apparently being homeless is not allowed at all in Singapore!

....nor is it allowed in Germany from what I have heard: if one walks around saying "I'm homeless" in Deutschland language of course, then they would run a great chance of becoming locked up in a mental hospital - no - joke. Their government pays their people to stay in an apartment, no matter how trifling or ratchet they are - even if they cannot remember to pay bills, the government pays it on time for them out of their budget. It must be nice to be German hence why they would visit the US of Gay but most would never stay permanently.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby ZaroSath » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

to add a alternate view to that, it could be said at least the US doesnt completely reward people for failure or just because they dont want to help themselves, many people abuse the system for that already in other ways though.

i'm sure governments with systems of homeless prevention *could* have preventions for that though so and could be better going that route

the downside is some people who cant provide for themselves like being mentally ill and on the street dont get cared for like they should, whether because they dont qualify for welfare money or they just havent applied for it.

also, while i'm sure many intentionally dont want to work and dig themselves out of being homeless, there might be (and could be said to be the reason why) is people dont like to give jobs to the homeless (whether its quality of work, appearance or something else).

personally i'd be glad to give somebody a chance to work for me who was homeless, not just to help them out but for a short while they might be willing to work harder than the average worker to get shit done and make more money.

i met somebody i think was homeless because he had to walk a long distance from possible places to live homeless in town to come to work and had a homeless look, its very rural just about everybody uses a car because of the distance to get somewhere. he only worked a day at burgerking with me and never came back..

edit: sorry i didnt mean to post about a completely different subject from the thread but once i got started on welfare systems the other information had to go with it to feel more complete on the subject. :P

welcome nicho :) i'm new here as well, i'm still (slowly) reading up on the large amount of information this forum has to offer, where do you have an interest in visiting/moving to? i'm thinking of Asia myself... i'm from montana which can be much more rural then most states, i can see the isolation you talk of now that you mention it, i've never been exposed to something else before so its all i know but to add to that, i think a lot of people especially from where i'm from tend to grow into groups in school, usually a person makes friends within his group and mostly socializes with them since then in adult life, now days with the internet and mobile devices i think this trend has become worse, perhaps from a desire for better community all these faceboob(facebook)/twitter people post about their life on there (example: "i just did something, hehehe" and people seem to reply somewhat based on the posters social status of 'fitting in'), personally i'm not against it but i'm sick of people using it just to try to 'fit in' their group like a hipster.
ZaroSath
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:29 am

kai1275 wrote:
Jester wrote:
Taco wrote:

Similar to something I heard from an Armenian businessman from the FSU. Unemployment there was not allowed, back in the day. If you got drunk and laid out of work, the police came and got you and took you to work, hung-over and all. Thus everyone had a living. Period.

To us Americans it sounds terrible.

To them, what we have here and now looks terrible.

I am not a commie, but I am also not for the current system of huge numbers excluded from employment, coerced into being welfare-slaves, petty criminals, medication-whores, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself