Hello guys, Chinese Canadian here

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Hello guys, Chinese Canadian here

Post by Bao3niang »

Hey guys, my name is Andrew Teng. I am currently 17 and a Chinese-Canadian male. I was born in Mianyang, China and immigrated to Vancouver, Canada at the age of 4 or 5 with my parents, living there for bout 8 or 9 years. As of now, I live in Beijing and hating it. Winston is a big inspiration to me and I really hope to follow in his footsteps when I get older, as he really seems to be a guy after my own heart. I consider myself to be vastly different from people in both US/Canada and East Asia, including Asian-Canadians/Asian-Americans. Having read Wu's essay comparing himself vs. most East Asians, I can say that I relate to pretty much all of what he has written. I have been a born-again, non-denominational Christian for about a year, but am more spiritual as opposed to being the typical churchgoer/religious kind of person. In fact, I've never attended church.

Some of my key personality traits that distinguish me from most East Asians:

-Intellectual and spiritual nature

-Prefer cats over dogs

-Open and approachable

-Likes to take things slowly and enjoy life as opposed to being a workaholic

-Emotionally expressive

-Proud to be different and not a conformist

-Prefers many types of cuisines instead of just eating Chinese food

-Knowledgeable and wise

-Can be direct and confrontational

-Uses hand gestures in my speech

-Do't give a #### about grades / obligations

In the future, I hope to settle down in a country where the people love life, are easy to get to know, and of course, have good women. If Winston or anyone else in this forum can give me genuine advice, I would really appreciate it! If I could meet Winston in person someday, I would be overjoyed!
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Physical traits of me:

-I am about 5'7-5'8 in height

-Big eyes with not-so-noticeable double eyelids

-Big nose

-Thick lips

-Decent body shape

-Black hair

Interests/hobbies:

-Video/computer gaming (Atlantica Online, Ace Online, Ace Combat, Dynasty Warriors, a lot of games to count :)

-Travelling and living in foreign countries+dating (I would LOVE to do so, this is my main desire for joining this forum)

-Studying history, geography

-Observing people and societies

-Good food

-Just chilling out and being myself

-Reading good books

-Spiritual things (I have studied astrology, I am a Cancer born on July 3rd btw, so 2nd decan. However, now that I'm Christian, I try to keep away from occult, but feel free to disagree with me.)

-Going to the movies

-Music (I like Linkin Park, Kelly Clarkson, Evanescence, as well as some Mandopop and K-Pop, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry I don't like anymore. I also listen to spiritual/Christian music as well as music from my fav games, especially Dynasty Warriors and Ace Combat hum hum hum)
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

As of now, I can speak English and Mandarin Chinese, and decent Sichuanese (it's only a dialect of Mandarin). I want to pick up a 3rd, 4th, maybe even 5th language and achieve a decent level. :)))))

If you want to contact me, you can:

1. E-mail: kingarthur1988@live.com

2. Play the US version of Atlantica Online (atlantica.nexon.net), create character on Argos server, and PM (private message) either Bao3niang or Zionas (2 of my characters).

Anyways, to conclude my long self-intro, I just want u to know that I am really glad to be here, and not ur typical East Asian. :) Cheers every1!
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Asides from East Asians, I've found Latin, Russian, European, and Thai / Vietnamese women very attractive. Filipinas I haven't seen too many, so maybe you can open me up to endless possibilities! I must confess that I have lots of trouble with most people my age, because when it comes to intellect I feel like I'm way above them.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, Bao3niang. Have you ever thought about ever heading back to Asia--like I have done? It's great to be an overseas Asian here, for the most part....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome. You must be referring to this comparison list of me vs. NE Asians:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_vs_Asians.pdf

LOL

So why do you hate living in Beijing? The women are so down to earth and direct and easy to connect with there. What's to hate there?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

If you mean going to another country in Asia, likely. However, if you are talking about mainland China or TW (or maybe Japan/South Korea), I'd have second thoughts.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Bao3niang wrote:If you mean going to another country in Asia, likely. However, if you are talking about mainland China or TW (or maybe Japan/South Korea), I'd have second thoughts.
Well, some people prefer the more 'laid-back' lifestyle of Southeast Asia--to Northeast Asia; that's the good thing about Asia...it's a giant place with many different countries in the region....
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Maybe it is because the girls I have dealt so far in Beijing are in the younger age group, and perhaps the more Americanized group. Asides from that, the air pollution in Beijing totally kills. However, if you live in Beijing for a long time, you will notice that it is a strange mix of Northeast Asian and American.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well China has got to be way friendlier than the US. Tons of girls on QQ talk to me and like me.

But on AOL, 95 percent of women disappear when they see my picture. Even when I send them my handsome photo from 1996!

Huge difference. So there's no way in hell that China could be as stuck up as America in terms of trying to meet women. No way.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Great intro, Andrew, and welcome!

We have talked about how HA has 2 different focuses (foci ;) ):
(1) Happier Abroad
(2) AW suck

But Andrew has really highlighted another one:

(3) Asians Who Don't Fit In.

After all, he is IN China, where guys like me (or one of my sons) might go to find Miss (or Misses) Right.

And YET -- he is unhappy!

Hmmm...

OK I won't come to China, Andrew... but please don't YOU come to America!!

There has got to be SOMEPLACE..............
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Jester don't be discouraged! A lot of what I am saying are just my own observations, it could be different for you! To be honest the main issue with Chinese women nowadays is that they have become too Americanized, and therefore suck.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I went to school with a guy (big, white guy) who started a Salsa Dance Company in Beijing many years ago (9-10 years). He is still there and says he loves it. I hope to visit there one day.

Like others have said, avoid the USA if you are looking for women to date. If you want to go for other reasons, there are some things that you might find interesting though. The West Coast has many wide, open places where you will see very few people. It's great for getting out into nature and breathing clean air. I am against traveling abroad for just one reason. If you have MANY reasons for traveling to a place, you are less likely to be disappointed.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Winston, I wonder how long you have lived in mainland China (if you have). :)))) You see, I've lived there since 2009, so I think I have quite a lot to say about it.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Bao,
Actually I've never been to China other than the airport. You are very deep for a 17 year old.

You say that Chinese girls are too Americanized? In what way? I don't think they act American at all. They are different in so many ways, more than I have time to list right now. But perhaps you mean that they are materialistic? If so, then Chinese have always been materialistic. That's nothing new. But the Chinese female vibe and personality is nothing like that of American girls. Mainland Chinese girls aren't as paranoid and distant as American girls are. They are much more relaxed and direct, at least when they talk and socialize.

Do you have any Chinese female friends there? Do you approach and talk to girls there?

Explain this to me then:

If Chinese girls aren't friendly and great, then how come there are so many Chinese girls on QQ that are highly engaging, friendly and warm to me? They are so sincere and down-to-earth too. There is something very authentic about them that's hard to put into words.

Ask Zboy1. He recently talked to one of my Chinese chatmates on the phone, and he can tell you that she is the most sincere, mature, down-to-earth and humble of a lady as you can get. How do you explain that?

Furthermore, look at these examples of letters I got from Chinese girls on dating sites, vs. zero or one line dismissals I got from Taiwanese girls.

viewtopic.php?t=14564

As you can see, the difference is HUGE. So as you can see, Chinese and Taiwanese are not the same. Go to the link above and see for yourself.