Long Time Lurker

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Long Time Lurker

Post by In2dadark »

Guess it's time I intro'd. I mostly lurked as I wasn't close to being ready when I first joined. I'm 55 & an insurance broker by trade. Actually my degree is in the automotive technology field. But for health reasons had to move to something cleaner (sensitivities to chemicals & fumes).

Financially secure. Waiting on disability to be approved. I'm in the latter part of the process. I have a chick's disease- fibromyalgia (9X more women have it). I've had it for over 30 years but did not know as the VA only looks where you point & not beyond ( I guess some get lucky & get better docs?). I worked my own business, life & health sales, from my spare bedroom in Florida since '94 before hanging it up in 2012. I've sold for over 25 years.

I've also been a snowbird up to Pa since 2006. Turns out my burning desire to 'be' a snowbird can also be traced back to fibromyalgia. A lot of failed relationships can be traced back to it as well or rather not knowing what was wrong with me. Despite that, I've had a good time shagging in the U.S. until things really started to change (here) around age 35 or 40.

I also have, to borrow a phrase, the deer in the headlights thing going online w/ Pinays. And against the advice of the 'life beyond the sea' guy on YT, I'm pretty smitten w/ one in particular. I like the LBTS channel. I think his approach would be the way I'd go about it if I had the energy to do something like that. Speaking of which, my Pinay friend & I both wonder how I'm going to pull off the travel & climate w/ my illness.

I'm upfront about my illness w/ all the ladies I meet; but I'm not sure, with the exception of the same lady, that it sinks in as Fibro people can & often do 'look' healthy.

And finally, as I've mentioned in a post here & there, I've lived in Germany while stationed there w/ Uncle Sam- late 70's to early 80's. Just looking at google maps tells me much has changed. Just living there during that time changed my perspective on women & the world in general, that is, not to get too bogged down beating yourself up. A change in environment can change one's perspective, if the person remains mutable & open to learning.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well, I had the same kind of 'epiphany' that you had, In2dadark. Ever since I was stationed in the United Kingdom, I've had the thirst for traveling ever since. ...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Long Time Lurker

Post by jamesbond »

In2dadark wrote:I've lived in Germany while stationed there w/ Uncle Sam- late 70's to early 80's. Just living there during that time changed my perspective on women & the world in general, that is, not to get too bogged down beating yourself up. A change in environment can change one's perspective, if the person remains mutable & open to learning.
In2dadark, where in Germany where you stationed? How were the women in Germany, were they more open and friendly than American women?

I agree, a change in environment can be the best thing in the world sometimes.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Babenhausen, FRG. Eh.. They were more open & flirtatious. RL district girls were cold & robotic, but gorgeous. I was exhausted most of the time from the drama in the barracks. Hard to summon the energy much of the time. Guess my Fibro was triggered some time during this military endeavor. Sick of this f***ing disease ruining my life. Sorry.. This seems to end up being my meme most places I go on the web.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

Given my cousin's experience and much of what I've seen around me (other insurance agents included), it comes down to the same deal in the end. I find myself flip flopping back & forth between MGTOW (the rest of the way) or trying to make a go of a LTR.

Mongering- eh. I mongered about as much as I'm going to here. Now I get infections easy so that is pretty much out. The meat body thing doesn't really have any power over me at this age. I'm more into the spiritual aspect of life & the ongoing spiritual warfare. If I could meet a woman who was as captivated by that as I am, that would be wonderful.

When they tell me they go to the Catholic church, that just turns me off. Doesn't take many click on YT to figure out all religion is owned by Satan. I believe in God & the power he chooses to grace me with from day to day.

I'm going to fly 9k miles to live in weather I hate, to eat food I don't like, to sleep on the type of bed I jettisoned decades ago? For what..? That's pretty much where I'm at today. Tomorrow, I could be a 19 YO love sick puppy again. Acting on it is anther thing.

One of the good things about dating in Florida was (I find most women repulsive now, so I choose not to date) every game was a home game. Met & shagged women from all over the world & U.S. When or if I travel, every game will be an away game. This is a distinct disadvantage, even if you don't have health issues, you'd have to live there an awful long time for that dynamic to change, if it would at all.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Fibromyalgia can be cured, seek out Dr Sarno's book "The Mindbody Prescription".

The human mind is an incredible thing, and it can cure the body. I know because I used the same techniques back in 2007. Just read the 1000's of testimonials.

The Asian climate is pretty good anyway. In Bangkok there's non-stop sun now, which is good for the soul. And if you get a cold here in the tropics it goes in 2 days.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

In2dadark wrote: One of the good things about dating in Florida was (I find most women repulsive now, so I choose not to date) every game was a home game. Met & shagged women from all over the world & U.S.
Where in Florida did you live? I am thinking about relocating to Miami or another city in florida within a couple of years (if I don't move overseas first). This cold and snowy weather here in Chicago during the winter time sucks big time.

From what I have read the dating scene is pretty horrible for men in Florida because there are a lot more single men than single women throughout the state. At least the weather is nice there all year round! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

xiongmao wrote:Fibromyalgia can be cured, seek out Dr Sarno's book "The Mindbody Prescription".

The human mind is an incredible thing, and it can cure the body. I know because I used the same techniques back in 2007. Just read the 1000's of testimonials.

The Asian climate is pretty good anyway. In Bangkok there's non-stop sun now, which is good for the soul. And if you get a cold here in the tropics it goes in 2 days.
Thanks I will research Dr. Sarno. I can say I've spent most of my adult life researching cures w/o knowing specifically what it was. I have calmed down a bit from that (semi) emotional diatribe. Up until being diagnosed (officially) 3 months ago, I had not had access to the recommended meds for this disease.

I was still cycling out of cymbalta around the time I posted that (guess I still am to a degree). Cymbalta is a fail & hard for someone to check out of once they check in. I only took maybe 8 total; but that stuff is like a nuke to me. Feeling less 'dark' the farther I get away from that stuff.

Dr Dadamo's book Live Right 4 Your Type has helped me a great deal along w/ a melt roller, walking & other homeopathic remedies. I didn't want to go through the trouble & all the tests involved w/o giving the (expensive) meds a try. I also keep an eye on the FM forums.
Last edited by In2dadark on December 4th, 2013, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

jamesbond wrote:
In2dadark wrote: One of the good things about dating in Florida was (I find most women repulsive now, so I choose not to date) every game was a home game. Met & shagged women from all over the world & U.S.
Where in Florida did you live? I am thinking about relocating to Miami or another city in florida within a couple of years (if I don't move overseas first). This cold and snowy weather here in Chicago during the winter time sucks big time.

From what I have read the dating scene is pretty horrible for men in Florida because there are a lot more single men than single women throughout the state. At least the weather is nice there all year round! :D
Florida is great as a home base to launch from maybe? I lived in Hollywood for a time. Much more action there; and if you're used to Chicago, the busyness of that area is less likely to bother you. Hollywood is nice. It has a beautiful beach, it's quieter & midway between Miami & Lauderdale.

I've been here in Port Saint Lucie for 25 years. I can say I'm among the 5 % of the longest residents in this city that has gone from 30k when I moved here to about 130k now; Very transient. And the pop. fluctuates w/ the weather of course.

Dating wasn't awful when I was younger;actually I had quite a bit of fun here. Now I really could care less. I'm not interested in American women's BS. Taxes are low. Mine are 700 year total & I've got no note on the place. That makes it good to keep if I can adapt to Se Asia or another (foreign) place PT. Fibro has me freezing when I'm up north during the coldest months I'm there- April when I get there & October when I leave.

West coast Florida is nice, many would argue nicer. I would grudgingly agree. Fort Myers, Sannibel Island is where I believe my then GF & I went to a wedding in her fam. . Very nice.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

As an update, I've had some interesting luck recently. The meds prescribed for my illness have helped quite a bit once I got the right one. They were probably the thing that got me over the dread of selling my vacation home in the north east where I was constantly being soaked for tax & association fee increases for a place I really didn't enjoy.

The drive=way is so steep (down towards the home) that I often had a hard time just getting out w/ my rear wheel drive car if I tried to back out & that was on a nice clear, warm day. If any of you saw the driveway, you'd probably say the house would be on the market for a long time given the last winter they had. I thought I was in for a long haul.

Ended up closing on it inside of 5 months after listing it & for almost the exact zzillow price. I don't see zillow as gospel for everywhere; but I've been following it for that home for years & it's been spot on. I just think it was a fluke that a single guy liked it the way I did back in 2006. If there was a female in the picture the deal would never have happened.

Chose a female realtor from Ohio. She didn't get all butthurt every time I made a comment most females in the NE would take offense at; & her hypergamy came in handy in the follow through on the deal. That is probably one of the only situations where I'd do business w/ a westernized female. Though she was attractive & friendly enough & I can't say anything negative about her. She even kicked in some cash for some small things to be repaired on my home. The buyer's employer even paid my 1% closing costs to the county. There are so many decent homes he could have chosen from in that price range w/ flat driveways that I can only see it as the foreign women Gods smiling on me. The view from that home didn't hurt either. Just one less place they can attack me now.

Just a few more things to take care of before I head off on some long distance travel. I do have my opinions on away games, air travel & 3rd world countries; but I do want to giv3e it a go at least from a bucket list perspective. The only way I was going to go was semi long term & w/ no unresolved issues back here.