Lived in China for 3 years, can't wait to go back soon!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Chyna
Freshman Poster

Lived in China for 3 years, can't wait to go back soon!

Post by Chyna »

Hey everyone,

So happy to have found this forum and although I'm not from the US I'd like to share my experiences as a British expat and why living abroad beats the hell out of life in the UK!

I recently moved back to the UK after living and working in Beijing for 3 years. I didn't leave because I fell out of love with China, but because I missed my family, and wanted to see what the UK had to offer.

Anyway, the culture shock upon returning to the UK has pretty much floored me and I am counting down the days before I return to Asia.

Sure, it's great being back with family and seeing old friends, but I know I'll never be truly happy here because there's no sense of adventure, no weird mix of people and worst of all, the women here simply aren’t feminine enough!!!

I’ve noticed a lot of you fellas from the U.S. seem to feel strongly about the lack of feminine women in the States too, so I'm looking forward to chatting about this in the forum.

Beijing is an awesome city and over the 3 years I was there, I met an abundance of gorgeous girls not just from China, but also from South Korea, Japan and Thailand.

I've also had many adventures I would have never had the opportunity to experience if I'd just settled for life in the UK. Actually, since being back here, I've found it a real struggle to hold conversation with people, simply because we've got nothing in common anymore.

Everyone seems happy to work in a cubicle for the rest of their life with only a few weeks holiday a year and for God’s sake I’ve never heard so many bleeding conversations about the weather in my life!!!

When I tell people my plan (which is to make enough stable income online so I can travel the world) they say they're worried about me and advise me to start “looking for jobsâ€￾. The thing is, nobody quite gets that there is more to life than getting a desk job and a pension in Blighty. There's a fracking world out there with beautiful women waiting to meet you!!!

Seriously, I'd rather make only enough money to survive than be rich but stuck behind a desk for the rest of my life.

So, the plan is to get back to Asia ASAP. I'll probably set up in Shenzhen and use it as a base to frequently fly to neighbouring countries.

My online business ventures aren’t making quite enough yet, but once they do I’ll be on a plane ASAP!!!

In the meantime, I’m looking forward to taking part in some discussions here. I can offer plenty of tips about life in Beijing, dating Chinese girls and blogging if that interests you.

Here’s to being happier abroad!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Welcome Chyna, glad you found our forum. It sounds like you really liked China, please tell us more about your experiences living there.

We have quite a few guys here from the UK and they say the same thing, that the women leave a lot to be desired. I live in the US and believe me, the women here in my opinion are the worst in the whole world! :P

Again, welcome to the forum! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Chyna
Freshman Poster

Post by Chyna »

Thanks for the welcome jamesbond!

Sorry to hear that the women in the US are a similar kettle of fish to those in Blighty.

Yeah China is pretty awesome. Although you can sometimes have "bad China days", where one day loads of things piss you off all in one go, the good times seriously outweigh the bad!

To name a few epic things: I love the fact you can eat out everyday like a king, (get Japanese all you can eat and drink for just 20 dollars, dress how the hell you want, never feel insecure when working out in a gym (because a lot of people go there wearing office trousers and black shoes lol), you can buy sweet motorbikes for next to nothing and of course, the best thing is that the women are hot and amazing!

I'll definitely share some experiences in greater detail on the forum soon!

Thanks again man :)
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I also enjoyed living in China. The women were the hottest I've ever seen, and there were vast numbers of them too. Compare that to the UK - yesterday I went to a big department store. The women on the cosmetics counters were less attractive than the ladyboys I met in Bangkok. Lol. Thai guys are cuter than UK women. What gives?

China had a load of annoyances though. Like nearly getting killed by electric bicycles going the wrong way, or having near constant stomach troubles, or being unable to get on a train because of overcrowding.

And let's face it, for the average foreigner it's just not as fun as Thailand is.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Chyna
Freshman Poster

Post by Chyna »

Haha you're dead right about the women on cosmetics counters. Especially the Boots cashiers! Perhaps we should suggest them to go on a recruitment drive in Thailand?

Thailand is indeed way more fun than China, but I think if I lived there permanently I'd never get any work done. Anyways, heading there for Songkran this April. Can't frigging wait!

China did have a lot of annoying things about it which really bugged me after a while too. To add a few to the ones you mentioned I'd have to say people pushing into lifts before letting people out, spitting on the floor in restaurants, mums letting their kids piss on the floor in restaurants, oh and probably one of the most annoying is when people constantly shout "laowai" at you when you're walking down the street.

I've got to say though that despite its annoyances it still beats the crap out of life in the UK.