Hello from the East Coast

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
jplmd
Freshman Poster

Hello from the East Coast

Post by jplmd »

Hi,

Name is Jason and I've been following HA for a few months, decided it was time to register and join the community. I'm currently a grad student studying in the East Coast. I'm originally from Southern California. Since starting school again, I've realized just how terrible the women are in the area and in my class. I consider myself a pretty easy-going person, and these girls literally will rip your balls off if you even try to be friendly towards them. I don't know if it's the school environment (stress) or whatever, but in my time here I have not a girl here who didn't have a pissed off face when conversing with me. It makes no sense and it's been pretty miserable all around.

I've never really had great experiences with women, and as an American who has little exposure outside of this country, I've been burned a few too many times, making it harder and harder for me to feel confident in my ability to get girls. I don't consider myself unattractive, and while I'm not ripped like a football player, I take good care of my body and work hard to look my best outside.

I had broken up with my ex of 4 years last year. She was the only other girl I ever dated and been in a relationship with. I'm not really the kind of guy looking for a harem of women, but it's pretty sad that most women in this country wouldn't even give me a chance even when I put myself out there.

I have an upcoming break for 10 weeks and I'm planning a trip to Asia. My only experience traveling in the past was to Taiwan and Japan. I haven't decided exactly where I want to go yet, but I'm planning it as I type this. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions. Hope to keep in contact with everyone. I'll be busy with exams coming up, so I may not respond immediately. Looking forward to my time here.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Hello from the East Coast

Post by jamesbond »

jplmd wrote:I don't know if it's the school environment (stress) or whatever, but in my time here I have not a girl here who didn't have a pissed off face when conversing with me. It makes no sense and it's been pretty miserable all around.
Yes jplmd, a lot of us have noticed that women in America (especially white women) have that "scowl" on their face. If you start a conversation with them, they get that "pissed off" look on their face.

I think a lot of women in America don't want guys talking to them, they just want to be left alone.

Glad you found our forum and welcome to happier abroad! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."