Leaving US for Latin America

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Leaving US for Latin America

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Hey yo sup guys,

So I have been reading this forum for a while and I agree with so much of what is being said here. I have been aware of HA for a long time, but it didn't have any particular relevance to me. Recently through a strange course of events, I all the sudden got fried with America and started thinking about relocating and giving up on my career. And then I started to research and run the numbers and saw that it could work. So I'm leaving America forever and going to Latin America, as well as a lineup of other cheaper countries, to teach English and work on the internet. I have some savings so it's rather trivial to make up for any shortfall between income and cost of living.

I think most Americans are not fit to live abroad. When they travel they always complain about how things aren't as nice or convenient as in the US. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to thrive in the developing world, when coming from the US. And out of those people, a lot of them have family commitments or can't make enough money to leave. So it's really only a small subset of people who can make it work. I lived in India for 5 years and loved it, so I know that I am cut out to live in a 3rd world atmosphere. The only thing that will be new to me is that LatAm is more dangerous than India.

Starchild said something the other day on the Elliot Rodger thread... America makes you into a demon. And I do believe this is true. I have never fit in here, especially coming back from India. America is not meant for thoughtful, soulful people. They want to act like they're happy all the time even when they're not, which prevents discussion of real issues and keeps things on the superficial level. I tried to make it work, and I'm glad I did and got my degree and everything. As you guys know, when you live abroad you'll always be a foreigner. That and, at that time it was hard to make money abroad. So I figured I would try to make it work in my native land.

Recently had to see my family, who I do not get along with, because I need them to take care of some of my documents while I'm overseas. It's good to maintain connections with family, but I had to pay a price. My mind is on a higher vibrational level, I've come to realize, and when I interact with them it drags me down and makes me angry. They are successful betas (the term really applies to them), adapted to polite society, but they have to take so much shit and not say anything about it that the anger and stress just seethes out any other way than direct confrontation or argument. They are constantly taking shit so they automatically seek to belittle others who are in any way beneath their station socially, as long as it's socially acceptable (can't rip on poor people or black people, for instance).

When I'm on my own I do so much better, and I get excited about my plans and my progress. Then I see my brothers and they take all the wind out of my sails. They don't understand why I would want to work for $5 an hour. Anyway I did what I had to do. I cemented family relations, played nice, and my documents will be taken care of. Now I can get back to freelancing and preparing for my trip (to Peru in September).

Thanks for the site... enjoyed reading all your comments and thoughts of likeminded people.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Leaving US for latin america

Post by jamesbond »

mahadeveshwara wrote:I have never fit in here, especially coming back from India. America is not meant for thoughtful, soulful people. They want to act like they're happy all the time even when they're not, which prevents discussion of real issues and keeps things on the superficial level.

Thanks for the site... enjoyed reading all your comments and thoughts of likeminded people.
Welcome to the forum mahadeveshwara. Your right about America not being for thoughtful, soulful people. People in the US do act like they are happy all the time, even when they are not.

It's a fake culture, with Hollywood having too much of an influence. There are too many materialistic and status conscious people in the US.

Also, being an introvert is seen as weird in America, it seems like most people are extroverts.

Good luck with your trip to Peru and let us know how things go for you. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Thanks... yeah I'm a major introvert. I have social skills, I think, but I am not outgoing. I would have done much better with the ladeyes in the US if I were an extrovert. The only time I actually did well was when I was part of a social circle in high school/college. If you're an introvert and you move from your home town, and you're past your 30s, it's pretty much over in the US, as far as social life. But I'm not even sure if I need one anymore haha looolll
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Leaving US for latin america

Post by Jester »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Hey yo sup guys,

So I have been reading this forum for a while and I agree with so much of what is being said here. I have been aware of HA for a long time, but it didn't have any particular relevance to me. Recently through a strange course of events, I all the sudden got fried with America and started thinking about relocating and giving up on my career. And then I started to research and run the numbers and saw that it could work. So I'm leaving America forever and going to Latin America, as well as a lineup of other cheaper countries, to teach English and work on the internet. I have some savings so it's rather trivial to make up for any shortfall between income and cost of living.

I think most Americans are not fit to live abroad. When they travel they always complain about how things aren't as nice or convenient as in the US. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to thrive in the developing world, when coming from the US. And out of those people, a lot of them have family commitments or can't make enough money to leave. So it's really only a small subset of people who can make it work. I lived in India for 5 years and loved it, so I know that I am cut out to live in a 3rd world atmosphere. The only thing that will be new to me is that LatAm is more dangerous than India.

Starchild said something the other day on the Elliot Rodger thread... America makes you into a demon. And I do believe this is true. I have never fit in here, especially coming back from India. America is not meant for thoughtful, soulful people. They want to act like they're happy all the time even when they're not, which prevents discussion of real issues and keeps things on the superficial level. I tried to make it work, and I'm glad I did and got my degree and everything. As you guys know, when you live abroad you'll always be a foreigner. That and, at that time it was hard to make money abroad. So I figured I would try to make it work in my native land.

Recently had to see my family, who I do not get along with, because I need them to take care of some of my documents while I'm overseas. It's good to maintain connections with family, but I had to pay a price. My mind is on a higher vibrational level, I've come to realize, and when I interact with them it drags me down and makes me angry. They are successful betas (the term really applies to them), adapted to polite society, but they have to take so much shit and not say anything about it that the anger and stress just seethes out any other way than direct confrontation or argument. They are constantly taking shit so they automatically seek to belittle others who are in any way beneath their station socially, as long as it's socially acceptable (can't rip on poor people or black people, for instance).

When I'm on my own I do so much better, and I get excited about my plans and my progress. Then I see my brothers and they take all the wind out of my sails
. They don't understand why I would want to work for $5 an hour. Anyway I did what I had to do. I cemented family relations, played nice, and my documents will be taken care of. Now I can get back to freelancing and preparing for my trip (to Peru in September).

Many of us are familiar with the spiritual and verbal opposition from family.

Congratulations on getting it done.

You're going to enjoy Peru!
FatJack
Freshman Poster

Post by FatJack »

Idealising Latin America could backfire. That place is not the paradise that you seem to imagine it as being. Be careful.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Where in the fukk did I say anything about LatAm being a paradise? So you're reading shit into my post that isn't even there so you can sound smart? Have you ever heard of a straw man argument? I said right in my post that LatAm is dangerous. Or maybe too much reading makes your head hurt?

Ok I'm done with this forum. There are too many low class uneducated people here, and I would only bring myself down with their association. I will still continue to read, but there is no point in trying to interact with low IQ people here. Oh and btw there are some cool posters here but I can just get the value out of their posts by reading them.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

As soon as you try to anything cool, mediocre people will try to tear you down.

Yeah I know LatAm is not paradise, THAT'S GOOD, it keeps obnoxious Americans away. And I don't care that much about personal safety because I'm a fukkin badass and I live on the edge. I value low cost of living and being around people who live more naturally and are more humble. If that means I get shot in the head then so be it, at least I'm living on my own terms and following my own values system instead of submitting to demoniac American society.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

mahadeveshwara,
Don't pay attention to him. There are always naysayers out there, on any forum. Just put them on ignore if you have to. Don't let them get to you. Most of us aren't like that.

A lot of people naysayed and downed my trips to Russia too. But the fact of the matter is that I felt MORE ALIVE there than I ever did in the US. And that means a lot to me.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Where in the fukk did I say anything about LatAm being a paradise? So you're reading shit into my post that isn't even there so you can sound smart? Have you ever heard of a straw man argument? I said right in my post that LatAm is dangerous. Or maybe too much reading makes your head hurt?

Ok I'm done with this forum. There are too many low class uneducated people here, and I would only bring myself down with their association. I will still continue to read, but there is no point in trying to interact with low IQ people here. Oh and btw there are some cool posters here but I can just get the value out of their posts by reading them.
I just checked FatJack's IP, and he has the same IP as the banned former member, ElReyBoludo.

Don't take his posts seriously, mahadeveshwara: He's just a troll; he got banned for starting fights with other members, starting flame wars, and posting trollish posts on this forum.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

mahadeveshwara, if you want, I can add you to the "expat-only" section, where only invited members can post; that way, you don't have to deal with "Low-IQ" members," for the most part. ...
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

mahadeveshwara wrote:Where in the fukk did I say anything about LatAm being a paradise? So you're reading shit into my post that isn't even there so you can sound smart? Have you ever heard of a straw man argument? I said right in my post that LatAm is dangerous. Or maybe too much reading makes your head hurt?

Lol, this is true.

As soon as you try to anything cool, mediocre people will try to tear you down.
Yup[/quote]
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

mahadeveshwara wrote:As soon as you try to anything cool, mediocre people will try to tear you down.

Yeah I know LatAm is not paradise, THAT'S GOOD, it keeps obnoxious Americans away. And I don't care that much about personal safety because I'm a fukkin badass and I live on the edge. I value low cost of living and being around people who live more naturally and are more humble. If that means I get shot in the head then so be it, at least I'm living on my own terms and following my own values system instead of submitting to demoniac American society.
You won't get shot in the head in Peru, don't worry. Yes, there is a lot of crime there, but you are very unlikely to get killed (although you may get robbed). Crime is a problem in Latin America, but it isn't a war zone either.

Which parts of Peru will you be visiting? If you want to live cheaply, you should go to the provinces. Lima is more expensive.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by Mercury »

chibolo wrote:
July 16th, 2014, 9:13 am
mahadeveshwara wrote:As soon as you try to anything cool, mediocre people will try to tear you down.

You won't get shot in the head in Peru, don't worry. Yes, there is a lot of crime there, but you are very unlikely to get killed (although you may get robbed). Crime is a problem in Latin America, but it isn't a war zone either.

Which parts of Peru will you be visiting? If you want to live cheaply, you should go to the provinces. Lima is more expensive.
It can be very discouraging when people think of Latin America, the Philippines, and such and they think Syria, Iraq, or even Berlin at the height of World War II. Like they think you'll get blown to pieces by an IED attack the instant you step off the plane.
Boogieman
Freshman Poster

Re: Leaving US for Latin America

Post by Boogieman »

I am from USA I have lived in Brazil & Venezuela Use your instincts If someone says don't go there--then don't go! be aware of the political activity the USA does & how it relates to your life in whatever nation you try--Its NOT your place to tell them they have to accept homosexuals abortions etc--In most latino nations abortions are illegal--Even Hugo Chavez was totally against abortions when he was alive--he was also against men "marrying" men--I met a USA feminist in Brazil trying to spread that there--she was regarded as a colonialist there--& I was not in favor of her activity--If you have any questions I can assist you with feel free to ask--Also its better if you speak some Spanish or portuges Good Luck