Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


....

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

....

Postby Paloaltoguy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:39 pm

...
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am







Postby Winston » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 am

Welcome. I grew up in the SF Bay Area too. When I went back there recently, it had gotten much worse. Traffic was a nightmare, and people were like soulless machines with no life. It's all one big giant machine there. There is not even beautiful scenery like in other states. Just lots of traffic, stress, strip malls, and soulless people with no human connection. That's what I call hell for the soul.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23582
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Paloaltoguy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:43 am

Yeah, for real. Driving in the bay area is the worst. You're forced to drive with the dumbest, passive aggressive people on earth. Most don't even have rudimentary driving skills. You have slowdowns and traffic jams for no reason. Today, some clueless bitch phoned the cops on me for reckless driving. She was going 3 miles an hour and couldn't decide where to park -- in some shitty strip mall! It took me 5 sec to see where I wanted to park, so I went right around her. I go into Home Depot to get one piece of wood and it takes 30 mins! By the time I get back, some dumb cop is parked behind my car acting like I killed someone.

http://www.yelp.com/topic/oakland-bay-area-sucks
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 am

She called the cops on you? Why? She must have had some reason. What did the cop say? Did he give you a ticket? Or just a warning?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23582
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby celery2010 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:10 am

Winston wrote:Welcome. I grew up in the SF Bay Area too. When I went back there recently, it had gotten much worse. Traffic was a nightmare, and people were like soulless machines with no life. It's all one big giant machine there. There is not even beautiful scenery like in other states. Just lots of traffic, stress, strip malls, and soulless people with no human connection. That's what I call hell for the soul.



I disagree that there is no beautiful scenery in NorCal. And just strip malls? Vegas, yes. But SF? But the cost of living, lack of friendliness and women--no argument there
celery2010
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:22 am

celery2010 wrote:
Winston wrote:Welcome. I grew up in the SF Bay Area too. When I went back there recently, it had gotten much worse. Traffic was a nightmare, and people were like soulless machines with no life. It's all one big giant machine there. There is not even beautiful scenery like in other states. Just lots of traffic, stress, strip malls, and soulless people with no human connection. That's what I call hell for the soul.



I disagree that there is no beautiful scenery in NorCal. And just strip malls? Vegas, yes. But SF? But the cost of living, lack of friendliness and women--no argument there


No I meant the suburban Bay Area. Not Northern California. Northern California has beautiful Redwood forests and coastlines and beaches. And SF is a pretty city, or was. But the Bay Area has no beautiful scenery. I mean all those suburban cities like San Jose and all that. You know what I mean?

It's not like in Arizona, Utah or Colorado where there is beauty everywhere.

Or like in the Old West or Oregon Trail where there was lots of majestic beauty in the lands around them. Or the kind of untamed beauty that Lewis and Clark explored and saw in 1803.

The Bay Area today is nothing like that.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23582
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Paloaltoguy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 am

:!:
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am

Postby celery2010 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Winston wrote:
celery2010 wrote:
Winston wrote:Welcome. I grew up in the SF Bay Area too. When I went back there recently, it had gotten much worse. Traffic was a nightmare, and people were like soulless machines with no life. It's all one big giant machine there. There is not even beautiful scenery like in other states. Just lots of traffic, stress, strip malls, and soulless people with no human connection. That's what I call hell for the soul.



I disagree that there is no beautiful scenery in NorCal. And just strip malls? Vegas, yes. But SF? But the cost of living, lack of friendliness and women--no argument there


No I meant the suburban Bay Area. Not Northern California. Northern California has beautiful Redwood forests and coastlines and beaches. And SF is a pretty city, or was. But the Bay Area has no beautiful scenery. I mean all those suburban cities like San Jose and all that. You know what I mean?

It's not like in Arizona, Utah or Colorado where there is beauty everywhere.

Or like in the Old West or Oregon Trail where there was lots of majestic beauty in the lands around them. Or the kind of untamed beauty that Lewis and Clark explored and saw in 1803.

The Bay Area today is nothing like that.


Actually Marin County is really quite beautiful. And the beaches on the peninsula like Half Moon Bay are not bad.

Plus, Santa Cruz, Carmel and further along Big Sur are nice too.

I think Denver is quite flat and Phoenix only has that small mountain on the south side.

I guess that i'm not that familiar with the east bay outside berkeley, oakland, albany, etc and yes san jose is nothing to look at, looks like SoCal.
celery2010
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm


Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest