New here, which country? (seeking dating/cheap living)

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
WaterUnderTheFridge
Freshman Poster

New here, which country? (seeking dating/cheap living)

Post by WaterUnderTheFridge »

(TL;DR version at bottom)
Self Summary:
30, living in California. Spent my 20's in a bad relationship. Now at 30 I've been dating tons of girls and....I've really accepted that easily the biggest factor of my life happiness is my sexual/dating life. The idea of moving to a place where I'm desirable as possible is very appealing, that and I'm interested in the idea of living inexpensively off my internet income as it accrues.

I'm not interested in prostitution (nor do I look down upon it) and I'm 95% sure I'll never marry. I want to date as happily as I can for as long as I can. I'm white, 30, 5'11 I look young for my age. I'm probably a high 6 or a low 7 in the looks department (here in California), I'd be a lot better but I'm a bit pale. I've read about countries in Asia where it's considered high status to be pale, and even sexy IN FEMALES, is there any place on this planet where it is considered physically attractive to be a pale man (not talking about cultural advantages or Caucasians with tan skin)?

I've read a bit about Phillipines, and Thailand, and very little about Indonesia. What I've read pushes me towards Thailand as a good middleground on cheapness and yet modern living. However I have more familiarity with Filipino women, and they're certainly pretty, that and I hear English speakers are plentiful there. Then I hear of the incredible beauty and friendliness of Indonesian women, but the expense of living there is less clear to me, and I wonder if the strong Muslim dynamic would interfere with a lifestyle of sexual and romantic adventure.

It's also very likely there's good options I've not familiarized myself with at all.

I'm not a heartless player type, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with monogamy, I suppose that's a factor in all this. I really appreciate any advice you folks can give me.

TL;DR version: Fairly good looking 30 year old white guy looking for best place to enjoy dating and cheap living, not seeking prostitution, marriage, or monogamy, but not a heartless player type either. Please advise on best country (leaning towards SouthEast Asia, not certain though)

I really appreciate your advice, thank you

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Welcome to the forum. Not trying to be a smart ass but it's best to use the search engine for various countries you may be interested in. So many posts about South America and South East Asia that have a wealth of info. I'm an advocate of the Philippines and Central America because that is where I've been though we all have different opinions. As I've said before, it's not always about the location but mainly your own attitude. If you are open to the country and it's culture, aren't a recluse or completely hideous, and can handle the negatives of living abroad, you should do just fine.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You know, a lot of Caucasian men eventually get burned-out in Asia, because most of them, honestly, will never be considered anything but foreigners and strangers in Asia...

It's a lot better for Asian men, though, since you're technically of the same racial stock as most people in Asia.

Honestly, why do every single White male want to choose Asia when it's better for them to go to Latin America and Eastern Europe instead? Not only are those places much closer and similar to Caucasian culture, but they're also more accepting of White people than Asian countries, by far...
WaterUnderTheFridge
Freshman Poster

Thank you Hammanta and Zboy
zboy1 wrote: Honestly, why do every single White male want to choose Asia...
I think we mostly are interested in it for a few reasons

1. Asian women are physically the most feminine. There are a lot of other factors in attractiveness, and tastes vary greatly, (personally I find mixed race women the most attractive) but the human male is generally drawn to physical femininity.

2. The idea that as a white male we will be particularly desired by the local women. Going to a place where a higher % of the women want you is of course appealing. I'm sure there are a variety of places on the planet where being a Western man, or exotic in anyway has some pull, but the "Asian chicks love white guys!" stories that we hear about (and to a degree experience in The West) matter a lot.

3. The common belief that Asian women make particularly good wives. I don't know if it's true, and it's not an area I'm interested in, but it clearly matters to many.
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Latin America is in your own backyard. I have been to both Colombia & Costa Rica. I was in Medellin last year and was impressed with the place (and the women) One can get a decent apartment for about $400/mo. Place a personal ad on LatinAmericanCupid and start making connections
WaterUnderTheFridge
Freshman Poster

Cerainly sounds worth checking out. A few questions:

1. In what South American countries ( if any) do the women have "white fever" and to what extent compared to south east asia?

2. When it comes to making connections in advance online (whether in Asia or South America) how far in advance is too far before it's not so worthwhile ( it will be 6 to18 months before I can go)?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WaterUnderTheFridge wrote:Thank you Hammanta and Zboy
zboy1 wrote: Honestly, why do every single White male want to choose Asia...
I think we mostly are interested in it for a few reasons

1. Asian women are physically the most feminine. There are a lot of other factors in attractiveness, and tastes vary greatly, (personally I find mixed race women the most attractive) but the human male is generally drawn to physical femininity.

2. The idea that as a white male we will be particularly desired by the local women. Going to a place where a higher % of the women want you is of course appealing. I'm sure there are a variety of places on the planet where being a Western man, or exotic in anyway has some pull, but the "Asian chicks love white guys!" stories that we hear about (and to a degree experience in The West) matter a lot.

3. The common belief that Asian women make particularly good wives. I don't know if it's true, and it's not an area I'm interested in, but it clearly matters to many.
Those are all good reasons. If you want to meet girls, being a novelty is a big advantage and opens many doors. When I was in Russia, I looked like a novelty and got lots of attention from girls for it. Most of it was superficial of course, but still, it opened many doors and opportunities to meet many girls, which was very fun. It's better than having girls ignore you, that's for sure. I'm sure white guys get the novelty treatment in Asia too. It's a great advantage.

Also, there are other kinds of novelty too. If you are a nice well mannered guy in Russia who is not drunk and not an asshole, you stand out as refreshing and novel. The girls see you as a breath of fresh air there, since they are tired of all the assholes and bad boys there, which are so common. But America is the converse. Being a nice guy there makes you invisible. You have to be a bad boy to stand out and be exciting and interesting to the girls in America.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New here, which country? (seeking dating/cheap living)

Post by Jester »

WaterUnderTheFridge wrote:
is there any place on this planet where it is considered physically attractive to be a pale man
Peru.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: New here, which country? (seeking dating/cheap living)

Post by chibolo »

Jester wrote:
WaterUnderTheFridge wrote:
is there any place on this planet where it is considered physically attractive to be a pale man
Peru.
I wish I could say this is true (I am fairly pale myself) but it isn't. I lived there for 6 years and I can tell you most Peruvians do NOT like pale skin. I got a lot of negative comments about my skin color there. People would say things like: "You need to go to the beach, URGENTLY!"or "You need to drink more Coca Cola" LOL! :D

Yes, a lot of Peruvian women (not all of them) like white guys (gringos), but having pale skin isn't ideal there either. The ideal would be a white guy with blonde hair, blue eyes and a tan. European/caucasian features and blue/green eyes are seen as very attractive in Peru, but being too pale isn't.

Now that doesn't mean you can't do well in Peru despite being pale. I still got a good amount of attention and compliments from attractive women there, it is just that being pale won't help you.
Place a personal ad on LatinAmericanCupid and start making connections
LatinAmericanCupid.com is a good site. It is where I met my Peruvian girlfriend back in 2005 (the reason why I moved to Peru in the first place).