hi asian college student here

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
steezyy
Freshman Poster

hi asian college student here

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, steezy!

I guess you're one of those Asians that like the USA and have no problem with the society here? You're very different from me. I guess I'm one of those rare Asians living in the States that dislike the USA and Western society, as I much prefer the culture in Asia over the West.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Welcome,

Please let us know a little bit more about yourself, you are Asian, but this might be anybody between Iran and Indonesia. From which country are you?

Or are you born in USA, and AsianAmerican? Without any connection to Asia anymore?
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

steezyy wrote:I'm Chinese
5'9
computer science major
Born in Toronto
Would like to travel the world someday

I remember going to China back when I was 10. The nightlife totally amazed me and to this day I haven't been to a single place that rivals the nightlife of guangzhou. (granted I haven't been many places)
Like you I'm young, recent college graduate. You ask me while I was in college, I'd say I was having the time of my life. The beer, random drunk girls (I almost got laid with), and pulling all-nighters with good buddies... But it gets old after a while and once you venture outside of the USA you realize just how much better social life is. That 1 in 20 girls you happen to hook up with turns into 10 in 20 or 15 in 20. The friends you once had, go their separate ways, form lives, and have families. Then you are on your own to form new social circles and it's not as easy as it seems, especially in the USA. Not to be a Debbie Downer but this is reality for a lot of guys here, especially myself. On top of that the radical feminist movement in the USA ruins a lot of potential dating parties. Wait until you have more real life experience and experience overseas and I'm sure you will change your opinion.
steezyy
Freshman Poster

Post by steezyy »

Deleted
Last edited by steezyy on April 1st, 2015, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: hi asian college student here

Post by Yohan »

steezyy wrote:I'm a 21 year old asian male living in America, and currently attending college.
Even though America has many flaws, I feel like they're highly exaggerated, especially on this site. But I'm on this forum because I hope to travel the world one day and have lots of sex while doing so.
The point is about USA/Canada and UK/Europe that men and boys are considered as 2nd class citizens. As long as you have no personal problem with this you are fine - but there are others, too, not so lucky - and most of us in this forum and similar forums made very bad experiences in the past.

I was lucky, I moved away from Europe to Japan and I will never return. I arranged a new life-style for me, with Japanese family. However other men are not so lucky, they were badly cheated by women, have to pay huge money over decades, lost all their property, even cannot contact their children, paying child support despite they are not even the biological father, are a target of scorn when they try to speak about their problems, some of them living in a van, totally out of money and no job etc. etc.

I do not think that personal views on this HA-forum are 'highly exaggerated' - it is simply said that some men are lucky, and some men are not...

My opinion about Western women is that they are highly materialistic orientated and that they choose their friends only by looks and talks, just judging them on their surface. Many women are also totally psychotic and into drugs and alcohol. Any thug - a proven fact - has plenty of girls next to him, while honest men cannot find even a girlfriend for a nice weekend.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

steezyy wrote:I have no doubts that you're right. However having lived in the US my whole life I don't see these as serious issues. Rather, they're everyday things that I've learned to adapt to. People may not be the friendliest, women may be bitchier, but that's just the way of life here and it hasn't affected me drastically. (yet)

Yes you may only hook up with 1/20 girls... but what if you started working out, dressing better, and developing better social skills? That number is sure to increase right? I know this is a system vs. individual thing, but I feel like if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong as that's just a theory.
I'm actually a powerlifter and have a very nice physique. My social skills are pretty good (extrovert) but not great and I still get turned down as well. I suffer from the nice guy paradigm. Like you I don't have that much hatred in my heart for American society. I still have some good friends and I get along with my co-workers but there is always that underlying feeling of pressure, materialism, and superficiality that American culture brings. Overseas I don't feel those pressures. Once you start traveling more this will become a lot more evident.