An Aspiring Tech Douchebag (Not all the way)

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
TechBroDouche
Freshman Poster

An Aspiring Tech Douchebag (Not all the way)

Post by TechBroDouche »

Hi everyone,
I am a 19 year old Asian American who, of course, is rather miserable here in America and wants to graduate my top engineering college as soon as possible and start making money and put that money into assets. I don't have a doubt that I will move to Germany (Or some other viable continental European country that fits me) someday, but I have such a dilemma on timing. I'm rather money and women oriented (Wait, which guy isn't?) and therefore I need to optimize.

First of all, I don't know any European language that is not English at all (Well except Spanish that I learned during AP Spanish but my level is so weak that it doesn't count), so it will take at least a few years after I graduate (when I'm 22 years old) to learn it. I don't have time to study it right now because my computer engineering work literally takes up 15 hours a day, every day, which is even worse than an investment banker's hours. On top of that comes the misery that there is virtually no dating life for me despite learning so much from:
http://www.girlschase.com
due to a lack of supply of fuckable girls and the economics of unfavorably skewed gender ratio. I also worry if the tips I learn from this site translates into European women as well because it seems most of the audience is American, so should I keep practicing game after I graduate? I remember visiting Germany and France and it was heaven; the women there were actually capable of receiving my love and it wasn't the sole feeling of just wanting to only f**k them like with American girls. I'm not a complete douchebag since I prefer comfortable retirement over being this extremely successful CEO, as I just want a life filled with good relationships with a slower pace of life (And I put sex into the equation because women tend to relate sex and love together while men can actually keep them separate).

Second, I don't know how the logistics works if I start getting my (lower) salary in Euros (USA has higher tech wages for sure) but already have a substantial sum of assets in USD in brokerage and retirement accounts. I would also have to start putting my money into the DAX index funds instead of the S&P 500 or NASDAQ, which I think has slightly lesser returns because corporations. Would I lose money during this transfer? And the citizenship logistics also seems like a pain (Although I believe Germany would accept me because my occupation will be software or computer engineering).

So my questions are: Because tech wages seem much lower in Europe ($105k a year in USA vs $60k a year in Germany), how much should I save in assets before I leave for Europe? I want to move onto freelancing around my mid 30s (Assume 35) so I need a steady stream of income to be more stable. Oh yeah, so how much bare minimum in passive income do I need to at least survive in a city like.. Hamburg? And after adjusting for taxes, spending, and transfers, does European tech wages still suck that badly?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ghost wrote:You're too young to be making plans that far ahead. Life will throw you curves long before you hit 30. You're only 19. Work your plan, stack some cash, and pursue your dreams too. If you're worried about $60K a year in Europe not being enough, I don't know what to tell you. Sounds spoiled.

Here's an investment you can make, though, and it will be one of the best things you can do for your education: travel. Go to Europe and where ever else you may be interested in and see if you really will like it. Then, adjust plans accordingly. And don't ever get ahead of yourself.
Maybe you're afraid to be steppin' out like Joe Jackson. Let this boy ascertain what he can handle and what he cannot. His threshold of responsibility may be higher than yours - not to make this a - competition between you two.

I think it's good that he's this precocious for his age hence the superiority a lot of Asians have over most other people on the planet. Like they say in Ebonics, "He's on his A-game".

He's only 19, and he realizes that American women are garbage full-stop. Would you want him to discard what he already knows and f.uck it all up at 21/22, let's say, and then take your advice for age's sake at that age?? That sounds myopic and limiting to me.

He sounds like a builder to me. He sounds like somebody that can uphold some civility and productivity out there, which is what men are suppose to do. When do women invent something that makes progressive change en masse??? Like a woman inventing a triple-bundee spatula for home cooking?? Like that gives autonomy to societies or something! Jajajaa

S.hit I was 15 when I learned that a child support system exists and that men were getting SHAFTed like Fred Williamson and Samuel L. Jackson. So he should be able to learn more at a quicker age due to the advent of the Internet.

At this point of mankind, there's no excuse that people with their smartphones and/or iPads with at least Wi-Fi capability cannot utilize the Internet to make progression, Ghost.
With such augmentation, it's great that you advise him to "stack his chips", but I don't really see at this point what he's doing wrong. Maybe you can enlighten or endarken me?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TechBroDouche
Freshman Poster

Post by TechBroDouche »

Thanks for your insights. I agree that traveling is very important, and I plan to do that during my uh, 2 week vacation slots in my hopefully cushy corporate job. What do you guys think about game on American women vs European women and what is more rewarding?

I guess finance can be an another issue for now.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ghost wrote:My contention was just that he shouldn't try to plan out life, because it never happens that way. It is difficult to plan year to year, so planning a decade in the future is out. He sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, so I'm sure he'll do fine. But no matter how good you are, you can't get ahead of yourself.

Instead of zooming in on a preference (like Europe) like it is a certainty, it would be far more useful if he worked on his dreams, stacked cash, and traveled. That way he'll find out for sure if he really wants it. He may obsess over Germany and never go until it is time for his plan. And then he could get there and hate Germany. I made a similar mistake with the Philippines and I wouldn't wish for anybody to do it that way; it can set you back a lot. Fortunately, it only set me back a couple months and a few thousand dollars. It could've been much worse.
Deutschland is kicking ueber-arse nowadays; it's the best EU economy, with the UK trailing in 2nd place. Ghost, I have a better understanding of your disposition now.