Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

"I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

"I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Postby matthewcoury » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm feeling about like Bilbo Baggins now....he is my favorite character out of any book I have ever read....and just remember everyone at happier abroad....you are all adventurers....and women love adventure (at least foreign women haha)....this is what I've decided, what Bilbo says in this clip..."I'm going on a holiday....a very long holiday....and I don't know if I shall return....in fact I mean not to." My name is Matthew Coury....and I'm moving to Bosnia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZUeW-z8Vc
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 pm

we need pics after your there. most never thought of that place till you mentioned it.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby matthewcoury » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:54 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:we need pics after your there. most never thought of that place till you mentioned it.

i'll definitely be posting up pictures once im there.....its going to be at least six months before i move.....im getting some stuff taken care of for business here we have to get our product on the shelves in walmart, but we already got a deal with them so the hard parts done.....then im moving over there and running the business from bosnia where we have the animation studio, me and my friend mirko jankovic
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:14 pm

wow you really have it together businesswise. Im wondering how that happened.

how cheap is the hotels long term? is there hotels you can stay on a monthly rate for low cost? Im not talking about hostels or backpacker type crap im talking about a regular hotel sort of.

Im thinking of doing something along the lines of a Bosnia/romanian/russia/philippines world tour next time i leave the country. but im not sure it wont be for a long time its just fantasizing for now :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby matthewcoury » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:wow you really have it together businesswise. Im wondering how that happened.

how cheap is the hotels long term? is there hotels you can stay on a monthly rate for low cost? Im not talking about hostels or backpacker type crap im talking about a regular hotel sort of.

Im thinking of doing something along the lines of a Bosnia/romanian/russia/philippines world tour next time i leave the country. but im not sure it wont be for a long time its just fantasizing for now :)

it was kind of chance that it happened.....you can rent an apartment in bosnia in the city of banja luka for $250 USD a month is what my friend mirko was telling me....i staid in a hotel last time, nicest one i've ever staid in......they paid the bill so i dont know how much it was per night.....but you can see obviously cost of living over there is significantly lower.....yeah i mean this isnt a fantasy ive been there before so no reason i cant go back and stay for good.....we do animation and stuff for super cheap, even have a noah's ark puzzle that we're getting into walmart and some christian bookstores here that uses a 3D app on your phone or tablet
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Re: "I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Postby Jester » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:25 am

matthewcoury wrote:I'm feeling about like Bilbo Baggins now....he is my favorite character out of any book I have ever read....and just remember everyone at happier abroad....you are all adventurers....and women love adventure (at least foreign women haha)....this is what I've decided, what Bilbo says in this clip..."I'm going on a holiday....a very long holiday....and I don't know if I shall return....in fact I mean not to." My name is Matthew Coury....and I'm moving to Bosnia

LOVIN it!!

Godspeed...

...and may the hair never fall out of your toes!!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:35 am

matthewcoury wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZUeW-z8Vc[/youtube]

Indeed.
+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 am

I wish for your success on your journey, Matthew.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby matthewcoury » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:43 am

thanks guys....i found out because of the extremely cheap cost of living over there that i will be moving much sooner than i had originally anticipated.....i thought i would have to wait for my salary to go up, but i can easily make it over in bosnia for $1000 USD a month....so iam moving there within the next six months rather than a yr to 2 yrs
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:47 am

matthewcoury wrote:thanks guys....i found out because of the extremely cheap cost of living over there that i will be moving much sooner than i had originally anticipated.....i thought i would have to wait for my salary to go up, but i can easily make it over in bosnia for $1000 USD a month....so iam moving there within the next six months rather than a yr to 2 yrs

Good to know the cost of living isn't so high then. That's a great thing about living abroad: money goes a lot farther in many places, especially outside of the major cities.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:50 am

matthewcoury wrote:thanks guys....i found out because of the extremely cheap cost of living over there that i will be moving much sooner than i had originally anticipated.....i thought i would have to wait for my salary to go up, but i can easily make it over in bosnia for $1000 USD a month....so iam moving there within the next six months rather than a yr to 2 yrs

Oh yeah, that's no problem. You can get a place in the city center of Sarajevo for $250/mo.

The thing to take note of in Bosnia -- and I spent May in Sarajevo -- is that it is now basically three countries after the war, and it might make a difference in personal comfort level whether you are in Muslim, Orthodox or Catholic culture. Or maybe it won't. There will certainly be enough good looking females around, especially if you like the tall, slender dark-haired model. Think Catherine Zeta Jones.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby The » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:35 am

Why Bosnia?
The
Junior Poster

Postby KelcieLe » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:48 am

Going on holidays is really a stress buster. Do post your pictures when you return.
Belle Vie Day Spa
KelcieLe
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:36 am

Are you thinking of jumping off the famous bridge in Mostar? I am giving it some thought, re next summer possibly.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself