Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


"I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Post Reply
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster
Posts: 149
Joined: September 25th, 2014, 5:31 am

"I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Post by matthewcoury » September 29th, 2014, 1:36 pm

I'm feeling about like Bilbo Baggins now....he is my favorite character out of any book I have ever read....and just remember everyone at happier abroad....you are all adventurers....and women love adventure (at least foreign women haha)....this is what I've decided, what Bilbo says in this clip..."I'm going on a holiday....a very long holiday....and I don't know if I shall return....in fact I mean not to." My name is Matthew Coury....and I'm moving to Bosnia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZUeW-z8Vc

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2419
Joined: December 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

Post by newlifeinphilippines » September 29th, 2014, 7:59 pm

we need pics after your there. most never thought of that place till you mentioned it.

matthewcoury
Freshman Poster
Posts: 149
Joined: September 25th, 2014, 5:31 am

Post by matthewcoury » September 29th, 2014, 8:54 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:we need pics after your there. most never thought of that place till you mentioned it.
i'll definitely be posting up pictures once im there.....its going to be at least six months before i move.....im getting some stuff taken care of for business here we have to get our product on the shelves in walmart, but we already got a deal with them so the hard parts done.....then im moving over there and running the business from bosnia where we have the animation studio, me and my friend mirko jankovic

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2419
Joined: December 14th, 2013, 12:06 am

Post by newlifeinphilippines » September 29th, 2014, 9:14 pm

wow you really have it together businesswise. Im wondering how that happened.

how cheap is the hotels long term? is there hotels you can stay on a monthly rate for low cost? Im not talking about hostels or backpacker type crap im talking about a regular hotel sort of.

Im thinking of doing something along the lines of a Bosnia/romanian/russia/philippines world tour next time i leave the country. but im not sure it wont be for a long time its just fantasizing for now :)

matthewcoury
Freshman Poster
Posts: 149
Joined: September 25th, 2014, 5:31 am

Post by matthewcoury » September 29th, 2014, 11:48 pm

newlifeinphilippines wrote:wow you really have it together businesswise. Im wondering how that happened.

how cheap is the hotels long term? is there hotels you can stay on a monthly rate for low cost? Im not talking about hostels or backpacker type crap im talking about a regular hotel sort of.

Im thinking of doing something along the lines of a Bosnia/romanian/russia/philippines world tour next time i leave the country. but im not sure it wont be for a long time its just fantasizing for now :)
it was kind of chance that it happened.....you can rent an apartment in bosnia in the city of banja luka for $250 USD a month is what my friend mirko was telling me....i staid in a hotel last time, nicest one i've ever staid in......they paid the bill so i dont know how much it was per night.....but you can see obviously cost of living over there is significantly lower.....yeah i mean this isnt a fantasy ive been there before so no reason i cant go back and stay for good.....we do animation and stuff for super cheap, even have a noah's ark puzzle that we're getting into walmart and some christian bookstores here that uses a 3D app on your phone or tablet

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: "I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Post by Jester » September 30th, 2014, 3:25 am

matthewcoury wrote:I'm feeling about like Bilbo Baggins now....he is my favorite character out of any book I have ever read....and just remember everyone at happier abroad....you are all adventurers....and women love adventure (at least foreign women haha)....this is what I've decided, what Bilbo says in this clip..."I'm going on a holiday....a very long holiday....and I don't know if I shall return....in fact I mean not to." My name is Matthew Coury....and I'm moving to Bosnia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZUeW-z8Vc
LOVIN it!!

Godspeed...

...and may the hair never fall out of your toes!!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: "I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Post by Jester » September 30th, 2014, 3:35 am

Indeed.
+1

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Post by Ghost » September 30th, 2014, 4:20 am

I wish for your success on your journey, Matthew.

matthewcoury
Freshman Poster
Posts: 149
Joined: September 25th, 2014, 5:31 am

Post by matthewcoury » September 30th, 2014, 4:43 am

thanks guys....i found out because of the extremely cheap cost of living over there that i will be moving much sooner than i had originally anticipated.....i thought i would have to wait for my salary to go up, but i can easily make it over in bosnia for $1000 USD a month....so iam moving there within the next six months rather than a yr to 2 yrs

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Post by Ghost » September 30th, 2014, 4:47 am

matthewcoury wrote:thanks guys....i found out because of the extremely cheap cost of living over there that i will be moving much sooner than i had originally anticipated.....i thought i would have to wait for my salary to go up, but i can easily make it over in bosnia for $1000 USD a month....so iam moving there within the next six months rather than a yr to 2 yrs
Good to know the cost of living isn't so high then. That's a great thing about living abroad: money goes a lot farther in many places, especially outside of the major cities.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2011
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Post by gsjackson » September 30th, 2014, 9:50 am

matthewcoury wrote:thanks guys....i found out because of the extremely cheap cost of living over there that i will be moving much sooner than i had originally anticipated.....i thought i would have to wait for my salary to go up, but i can easily make it over in bosnia for $1000 USD a month....so iam moving there within the next six months rather than a yr to 2 yrs
Oh yeah, that's no problem. You can get a place in the city center of Sarajevo for $250/mo.

The thing to take note of in Bosnia -- and I spent May in Sarajevo -- is that it is now basically three countries after the war, and it might make a difference in personal comfort level whether you are in Muslim, Orthodox or Catholic culture. Or maybe it won't. There will certainly be enough good looking females around, especially if you like the tall, slender dark-haired model. Think Catherine Zeta Jones.

The
Junior Poster
Posts: 725
Joined: May 19th, 2014, 6:21 am

Post by The » October 13th, 2014, 5:35 am

Why Bosnia?

User avatar
KelcieLe
Freshman Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: December 13th, 2014, 11:21 am

Re: "I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Post by KelcieLe » December 13th, 2014, 11:48 am

Going on holidays is really a stress buster. Do post your pictures when you return.
Belle Vie Day Spa

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 7875
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: "I'm going on a holiday...a very long holiday"

Post by Jester » December 14th, 2014, 3:36 am

Are you thinking of jumping off the famous bridge in Mostar? I am giving it some thought, re next summer possibly.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Introduce Yourself”