Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Just a hello from Di

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Just a hello from Di

Postby Di2014 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi guys, I'm Di, a 30 yr old Dutch-Indonesian woman living in America since last year.
Came across this forum during one of my "bash America" moods, and I loved it!

Over the past year I've been trying to make new friends, though I'm finding it's not easy. Also having difficulties finding a job, even though I have a pretty solid international background. Gave up my career back home to follow my husband's career here in America. Am I having fun here? So far not really...

I guess by joining this forum I'm hoping to be part of a community and share opinions.
Di2014
Freshman Poster

Postby komments » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey Di. We lived in Geleen, in the eastern part of the Netherlands for about 18 months (near Maastricht). Loved the pastries - best in Europe actually.
Greg Kellogg
komments
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Welcome Di.

How did you find us?

Basically if you have a deep soul, or are very authentic and a deep thinker, you will not fit into America. If you need human connection you will not fit in either. America is for soulless people who are only into materialism, money and fakeness. Authentic people will feel alienated.

Are you from Holland? What is that like? What ethnicity are you?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Di2014 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I landed on one of the threads about why people dislike living in America lol, that's how I found you guys.

I've lived in Holland all my life, though my family is a mix of Indonesian and Dutch. Holland is quite nice. We ride our bikes, kids play outside and people are direct - to foreigners this might come across as rude. However, we're just honest and don't take things we say too seriously (including racial comments, or even comments between men and women at work or so).
Di2014
Freshman Poster

Postby Di2014 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Greg, I love the south of Holland! What did you think of the Dutch? I'm from Amsterdam, but spent some days/weekends in Maastricht.
Di2014
Freshman Poster

Postby komments » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:49 pm

Loved it. Our first day I went out in the street to play ball with my girls. The neighbor kids were shy and amazed that a dad would play with his kids in public but eventually they asked to join in. Had a blast even though they didn't speak English and we didn't speak Dutch/Flemish. My oldest daughter fell in love with a Friterie down the street but my favorite was the pastry shop around the corner.

My youngest is a flight attendant and often flies to Amsterdam. She is the reason my wife and I will be able to travel to the Philippines this December.

I don't have quite the same jaundiced view of America as Winston does. But I try not to live in big cities and I don't party so my interests are quite different from his apparently.

If you want to check me out http://facebook.com/komments - I have lots of pictures, mostly of my family.
Greg Kellogg
komments
Freshman Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Di2014 wrote:Thanks for the welcome! I landed on one of the threads about why people dislike living in America lol, that's how I found you guys.

I've lived in Holland all my life, though my family is a mix of Indonesian and Dutch. Holland is quite nice. We ride our bikes, kids play outside and people are direct - to foreigners this might come across as rude. However, we're just honest and don't take things we say too seriously (including racial comments, or even comments between men and women at work or so).

Which foreigners become offended from Dutch direct thoughts? Of which countries are those foreigners from? Personally, even though I am American, I can handle the truth. ON the contrary, being politically-correct is a form of lying, or in some cases, it's telling a half-truth (or a half-lie).
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Re: Just a hello from Di

Postby Jester » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:03 am

Di2014 wrote:Hi guys, I'm Di, a 30 yr old Dutch-Indonesian woman living in America since last year.

Over the past year I've been trying to make new friends, though I'm finding it's not easy. Also having difficulties finding a job, even though I have a pretty solid international background. Gave up my career back home to follow my husband's career here in America. Am I having fun here? So far not really...

I guess by joining this forum I'm hoping to be part of a community and share opinions.

Welcome, Di.

PS Indo-Dutch is a beautiful combination.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Anatol » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:01 am

Hello,

FEMALES ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE! There are many 'bad' photos of females in here and women shouldn't be exposed to this sort of thing. Also, there is a lot of cursing and 95% are men here at any rate ~ in order to maintain femininity, women shouldn't be allowed here except for 1% of members and that too, only in the ladies area {(best is of course, to keep them out entirely!)}

ADMINISTRATOR SIR ~ REMOVE THIS FEMALE!!!!!!!!!!! OR I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE MEASURES, SIR!!!!
Anatol
Junior Poster

Postby Anatol » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:07 am

Di2014 wrote:Hi guys, I'm Di, a 30 yr old Dutch-Indonesian woman living in America since last year.

Hello,

[~} You should not be telling about your husband online to men who are strangers.

[~}Secondly, you shouldn't have a career. Two KEY points you have done wrongly in your life and it's not your fault ~ the men have not taught you the female's duties.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself