Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What's going on

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

What's going on

Postby Drake_1976 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:54 am

New guy here, but have been lurking for a while. Been living overseas (Kuwait) for approximately 14 years. Originally from the U.S. Have no desire to return to the U.S. except to visit my mom. Hopefully I will be able to remain overseas for the rest of my life.

Have been married to a Filipina, but now separated. I was young and dumb when I married her, but won't make that mistake again. Have 2 wonderful sons and wouldn't trade them for anything in this world.

I enjoy traveling to the Philippines and really enjoy my time there. I haven't been to A/C, but have spent a little time, typically 1 night, in Makati prior to departing back to Kuwait.

That's all for now. You all take it easy
Drake_1976
Freshman Poster

Re: What's going on

Postby Ghost » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:19 pm

It's very easy to get burned by filipinas. Sorry to hear it. Kuwait's not a place we hear much about. So what made you want to stay there for so long?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Drake_1976 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:14 am

Yeah, there are some real gems out there. Lol. But you live and you learn

I love my job, plus I enjoy the tax free benefits. Kuwait isn't too bad, as long as you don't have to deal with the locals very often.
Drake_1976
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:46 am

What kind of work do you do then? It doesn't exactly sound like a good life if you don't like interacting with the locals. My guess then is your work involves working on some military base.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Drake_1976 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:09 am

I'm a contractor. I generally only have 1 day off a week, so I don't mingle amongst the locals all to much. I use too since my sons were born here, because I had to deal with the local ministries for residencies and stuff like that. But since my sons are no longer here I don't have that requirement any longer.

I do enjoy interacting with other expats, with whom I have quite a bit of interaction with while at work.

I don't mind my life at the moment, as long as I can pop out of country every now and again to cut loose.
Drake_1976
Freshman Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself