Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

23 year old from the US

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

23 year old from the US

Postby vlad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 am

I've always been different than most other people my age, not into partying and going out, I don't drink, do drugs etc. I'm long term relationship oriented.

I'm a laid back 6'3 decent looking white guy, I go to the gym 4 days a week and take care of my self, I'm a nice guy not an asshole (unless someone makes me be an asshole) yet I've only had 2 serious relationships both were about 6 months. The first one was my fault it ended and the second, well she's a stripper. I've been on COUNTLESS dates but it almost never goes anywhere, I hate how you have to play the game for a woman to have any interest in you, I refuse to play it and be something I'm not. When they find out I'm not some party boy who's only interest is drinking and going to the club it seems like they lose interest. Apparently a good down to earth guy that wants a relationship is just to boring for them, I might get laid sometimes but that's about it, American women are nothing but whores.

Now my plan is to go to Asia most likely the Philippines. I'm more attracted to white women so eastern Europe is an option but from what I've read Asians make better wives I still have some more research to do hopefully I can learn a lot from everyone here. I'll be going in about 3 months, I got my passport I just have to take care of some things here.
vlad
Freshman Poster

Re: 23 year old from the US

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 am

A fit young 6'3" guy will KILL IT in the Philippines. Seriously, you will do very, very well over there. And having had only 2 relationships in the West at 23 years of age is hardly that uncommon. Hell there's plenty of guys your age who haven't even had a single one. When you go to Asia, just stay clear from the strippers and bargirls, find a decent woman. There's quite a few of those left if you know where to look. ;)

Good luck and happy hunting. And welcome to HappierAbroad!
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:37 am

Why do you discount Eastern Europe or Russia? Just because some people have poo pooed the place should not discourage you from going there...

There's lots of nice women in that region--from what I'm told by people who have been to that part-of-the-world. If you're not that attracted to Asian women and prefer White, why not try E. Europe first? Then you can fall back on Asia later.
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby vlad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:44 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:A fit young 6'3" guy will KILL IT in the Philippines. Seriously, you will do very, very well over there. And having had only 2 relationships in the West at 23 years of age is hardly that uncommon. Hell there's plenty of guys your age who haven't even had a single one. When you go to Asia, just stay clear from the strippers and bargirls, find a decent woman. There's quite a few of those left if you know where to look. ;)

Good luck and happy hunting. And welcome to HappierAbroad!

Yeah I don't even plan on going to any bars there, I guess I dated the stripper because I was taking what I could get. 2 relationships isn't as bad as some guys who haven't had any but consider my success rate, probably about 1 percent.
vlad
Freshman Poster

Postby vlad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 am

zboy1 wrote:Why do you discount Eastern Europe or Russia? Just because some people have poo pooed the place should not discourage you from going there...

There's lots of nice women in that region--from what I'm told by people who have been to that part-of-the-world. If you're not that attracted to Asian women and prefer White, why not try E. Europe first? Then you can fall back on Asia later.

I'm attracted to a wide range of girls Asians would probably be second I would be perfectly happy with one. They're submissiveness is a plus and it seems like they're more real if you know what I mean. This is the thread that really turned me off to eastern Europe.

www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22810
vlad
Freshman Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 am

vlad wrote:Yeah I don't even plan on going to any bars there, I guess I dated the stripper because I was taking what I could get.

In America you may, as a man, have to "take what you can get", but in the Philippines you see the opposite happening with women "taking what they can get" when it comes to foreign husbands. When your competition will consist of many retired old dudes and socially awkward skinny or flabby Americans, a healthy tall guy who goes to the gym such as yourself will do amazingly well. Suddenly you yourself will be a hot commodity. A very refreshing experience, I'm sure!

And you are right: Asian women, from what I hear, do indeed make better wives. I'm actually your age and have been married myself for almost a year now to a Filipina woman. I've heard similar stories of other Asian women, but some less positive ones about Thai women and certain Filipinas. A lot of the negative stories, however, are from men who ended up marrying ex-prostitutes.

vlad wrote:2 relationships isn't as bad as some guys who haven't had any but consider my success rate, probably about 1 percent.

At least you tried, that already puts you above so many of the guys on this forum and in general. You asked many women, likely got turned down or stood up more times then you can count, but you persevered and got lucky in spite of it. In the Philippines they call such a man "cowboy", the type who relentless tries, who doesn't quit and who isn't afraid to try new things. Don't stay in your hotel too much if you fly over, and try talking to some Filipina girls already before you fly, maybe make a few guy friends as well. People who can show you around, show you the ropes.

From what little I now know of you, I am certain you will do amazingly well in the Philippines. Just give it a try!
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby vlad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
vlad wrote:Yeah I don't even plan on going to any bars there, I guess I dated the stripper because I was taking what I could get.

In America you may, as a man, have to "take what you can get", but in the Philippines you see the opposite happening with women "taking what they can get" when it comes to foreign husbands. When your competition will consist of many retired old dudes and socially awkward skinny or flabby Americans, a healthy tall guy who goes to the gym such as yourself will do amazingly well. Suddenly you yourself will be a hot commodity. A very refreshing experience, I'm sure!

And you are right: Asian women, from what I hear, do indeed make better wives. I'm actually your age and have been married myself for almost a year now to a Filipina woman. I've heard similar stories of other Asian women, but some less positive ones about Thai women and certain Filipinas. A lot of the negative stories, however, are from men who ended up marrying ex-prostitutes.

vlad wrote:2 relationships isn't as bad as some guys who haven't had any but consider my success rate, probably about 1 percent.

At least you tried, that already puts you above so many of the guys on this forum and in general. You asked many women, likely got turned down or stood up more times then you can count, but you persevered and got lucky in spite of it. In the Philippines they call such a man "cowboy", the type who relentless tries, who doesn't quit and who isn't afraid to try new things. Don't stay in your hotel too much if you fly over, and try talking to some Filipina girls already before you fly, maybe make a few guy friends as well. People who can show you around, show you the ropes.

From what little I now know of you, I am certain you will do amazingly well in the Philippines. Just give it a try!

I've been talking to 2 for a few months that I met on a dating site. How did you meet her? Are you living in the Philippines or did you bring her home?
vlad
Freshman Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:10 pm

vlad wrote:I've been talking to 2 for a few months that I met on a dating site.

That's good. It helps to know someone when you come over for a visit, so that you aren't completely by yourself right away.

vlad wrote:How did you meet her?

We met a few years back on an internet chat site. Started off as friends, quickly became more. We met up four more times after, got engaged and had a daughter. Then we got married.

vlad wrote:Are you living in the Philippines or did you bring her home?

She lives in her hometown in the Philippines with our daughter, and I live in Europe right now, working and saving up money for our future. By the end of this year I hope to permanently relocate to the Philippines, because I believe it to be a healthier environment and culture to raise a family in (especially in the rural areas, where I personally tend to go for, as I abhor cities for long stays or living).

I'm sure that what I did is not for everyone, but the ame can be said of many other potential options. I know that there are at least two members here besides me who have lived\are currently living in the Philippines. The whole mail-order-bride thing is a cliche, you can just as easily be a mail-order-husband! Switch things up a little, think outside the box. :lol:
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby vlad » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:25 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
vlad wrote:I've been talking to 2 for a few months that I met on a dating site.

That's good. It helps to know someone when you come over for a visit, so that you aren't completely by yourself right away.

vlad wrote:How did you meet her?

We met a few years back on an internet chat site. Started off as friends, quickly became more. We met up four more times after, got engaged and had a daughter. Then we got married.

vlad wrote:Are you living in the Philippines or did you bring her home?

She lives in her hometown in the Philippines with our daughter, and I live in Europe right now, working and saving up money for our future. By the end of this year I hope to permanently relocate to the Philippines, because I believe it to be a healthier environment and culture to raise a family in (especially in the rural areas, where I personally tend to go for, as I abhor cities for long stays or living).

I'm sure that what I did is not for everyone, but the ame can be said of many other potential options. I know that there are at least two members here besides me who have lived\are currently living in the Philippines. The whole mail-order-bride thing is a cliche, you can just as easily be a mail-order-husband! Switch things up a little, think outside the box. :lol:

That's good to hear hope you can make it there soon. I agree its a way better environment to raise a family. Even if you tried to raise your kids right they'll still be indoctrinated from a young age by the media, TV, school etc there's no way escaping it. If a girl was insistent on coming to my country that would be a red flag for me.

I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do there though I was thinking about going to college there and teaching English or something. I have an inheritance I can live off for awhile to figure that out.
vlad
Freshman Poster

Postby fightforlove » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:57 pm

It's good that you're getting a handle on this at a young age. I know I wish I had. You have ample time to explore other countries and scour for dates/sex/relationship. If European women really are your passion, go for broke and move there. Save up some money and take a trip for at least a few weeks and check it out.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:22 am

Hey VladTV! #psych
But seriously, welcome to HA!!! There are women mixed with Catalan or Castillian Spanish-Euro blood parts of the Philippines that have pretty fair/alabaster-hued skin. It might take you awhile to find women like that in the Phillipines, but they are there.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself