I know what I'm looking for...

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: I know what I'm looking for...

Post by pete98146 »

Congrats. I met and married my Filipino wife online and we've been married happily for 8 years now. I think you are on the right track. Use the filters to search for higher quality girls. I have countless posts on this topic but to recap, 1) I prefer the higher quality women with 4 year degrees 2) forget about all the women trying to contact you. Make your own top 25 list and you approach them ie "be the hunter and not the hunted." Be patient, take it easy and build a good rock solid online relationship before you go meet her in person. Yes it can be done! Best of luck to you!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Nothung wrote:So I look forward to people here letting me know if what I'm saying seems sane or if I'm just another delusional fool.
You are sane and not in any way delusional, and have everything you need to get what you want. The type of woman you want and the way you intend to find her, is very doable. I am actually around your age and also married to a Filipina, so I can tell. Oh and she's a Catholic, but for most women over there it's a given. ;)

Good luck on your quest for love and companionship and hopefully you will enjoy your stay on these forums and find them useful. As far as women go, be wary of those older then you, ideally go for one a bit younger. Stay far away from single mothers. And get to know one another well before you meet up. My wife and I had been talking for over a year before we met in person for the first time, and while I am not telling you to be as extreme as me, when a girl continues to be as enthusiastic about talking to you and meeting you on day 50 as she is on day 3, then you know she's a keeper because a golddigger does not spend that much time on a 23 year old. :)
Nothung wrote:we're talking about a woman I'd like to be married to for upwards of half a century, so it seems like a wise investment.
That's the right attitude! :D
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Do you live in the Philippines?
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Nothung
Freshman Poster

Post by Nothung »

LOL, I'm the one who started this thread. I was banned and all my posts (about 3 I think) were deleted due to some kind of technical glitch. I emailed Winston, and I think it’s all been cleared up. At this remove, I can't exactly what I wrote in my OP, but I'll sum it up below. (And also so that it doesn't look like Pete above started this thread, it seems he's married, and I wouldn't want his lady thinking he's looking for a replacement.) :lol:

I'm an American guy in my mid 30's living in the US, and I've never been married. I'm not the world's best looking guy... mostly it's that I'm kind of fat. Not Baron Harkkonen fat, just regular pudgy. Dilbert-shaped. In fact, I'm kind of like Dilbert in other ways too- I'm not good at the kind of interaction required by American women to be successful at dating, and I'm mostly invisible to American women. Still, it's not all bad for me, since I'm tall and have nice full hair. Also, I'd like to think I'm interesting: I've spent time abroad in Asia, mostly in China (where I had more attention from women than I ever had in the US), and I've traveled to India, SEA (but not Phils), eastern Europe, and South America. I'm cultured- I've previously had some small parts singing in operas; I'm not talented enough to make a career of it, but I still enjoy it. (Opera is the inspiration of my user name: In Richard Wagner's Ring Cycle, the sword used by Siegmund to kill Hunding is called Nothung, which means "needful".) I’m a year or so away from being able to leave my current job, since then I’ll have a qualification that I can use as an independent contractor that can work from anywhere with internet. I'm a practicing Catholic, and I've decided I want a wife who's also Catholic. Thus, I should be looking in Catholic places: Latin America, southern Europe, Quebec, some parts of Africa, and the Philippines. Africa is out because is mostly too unstable politically, Europe and Quebec are too Americanized. Latin America (in places) could be a good choice, but I think Philippines beats it out because so many women their speak English, and it seems in general Filipinos have a really positive impression of America. I think some women there are genuinely attracted to pasty white guys. It's a great place to be Dilbert. :mrgreen:

So I got a paid membership on Filipino Cupid. Wow! I get a bunch of messages every day... I've done online dating in the US- I get more messages on FC in a day than in a month on OKC, and the quality of women is higher on FC too. I've sort of narrowed it down to 4 women, though to be honest, there's one in particular that's definitely in the lead.

I think one strategy is to use the search filters they provide to search out high quality women. Another point is that there really is an abundance of women. I can be selective. In the US, if a woman expressed interest in me but was only partly what I wanted, it was so seldom that I got interest that I was tempted to date a woman that wasn’t really right for me. Some of the things I won’t compromise on: single (never married!), no kids, college education, pretty (at least 7/10), age 22-26 (youth is attractive), Catholic (but that’s so many women there), good English, wants kids (I think that’s most too). I also look for women with profiles that are at least a few sentences, since they usually are better conversationalists. Other things that are harder to judge but still important: good family values (how does she speak of her father?), not too materialistic, practical skills (cooking, good with money, ect), and cultural adaptability. I think it’s better as a man to remain the hunter rather than the hunted, especially since I’m looking for high quality, somewhat more traditional women that probably expect that. Still, it’s kind of nice to be getting some attention from women. I’ll echo what I’ve heard elsewhere: FC is a pretty big ego boost (just have to not lose focus).

So as I originally said: am I sane, or just another delusional fool? (And seeing as a few guys like Pete and Marcos who seem to have their house in order—thanks guys!—I just might be on the right path.)

Tl,dr: I’m an American looking for a wife in the Philippines, using FC’s overwhelming choices to be selective and find exactly the woman I want.
victor_from_nigeria
Freshman Poster

Post by victor_from_nigeria »

Bao3niang wrote:Do you live in the Philippines?
Wow,am elated to read your detailed response.pls which online site did you meet here? Am in search for a russian bride!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

How many here actually know who Baron Harkkonen is?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Return to “Introduce Yourself”