New to this. Advice Needed!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Scubapilot
Freshman Poster

New to this. Advice Needed!

Post by Scubapilot »

Looking for advice about where or if to start!
I'm 68, widowed a few years now after being married for 45 years and am looking for a new partner. I'm healthy and active, thin, athletic, reasonably attractive and fully retired looking for someone to join me in outdoor activities and travel. Beside the normal qualities that people are looking for, closer to my age, reasonably athletic and adventurous (kayaking, snorkeling, boats, diving, flying) and not religious are qualities that I'm looking for.

Suggestions on age range, countries and anything else you think relevant would be greatly appreciated! Is there even any hope of finding someone mature, petite, 50+ and adventurous and not a church goer and who won't be offended by a non believer and who would be willing to relocate to the US? I'll bet that's asking for a lot! Thank you!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 10th, 2020, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: New to this. Advice Needed!

Post by xiongmao »

China could be your best bet. Thailand is full of tricksters. Vietnam is a bit new when it comes to international dating. Japan is another option if you have money, but Japanese women don't tend to like living overseas so much. The Philippines is popular and visas are easy to come by, but I'm not sure I would want to go there.

Older Chinese women can also be very attractive, I have seen this with my own eyes having lived there for a few months. On the downside, English speakers in your age bracket (45 - 55?) are rare, as at the time they were in school they would have been learning Russian, not English.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Scubapilot wrote:Looking for advice about where or if to start!
I'm 68, widowed a few years now after being married for 45 years and am looking for a new partner. I'm healthy and active, thin, athletic, reasonably attractive and fully retired looking for someone to join me in outdoor activities and travel. Beside the normal qualities that people are looking for, closer to my age, reasonably athletic and adventurous (kayaking, snorkeling, boats, diving, flying) and not religious are qualities that I'm looking for.

Suggestions on age range, countries and anything else you think relevant would be greatly appreciated! Is there even any hope of finding someone mature, petite, 50+ and adventurous and not a church goer and who won't be offended by a non believer and who would be willing to relocate to the US? I'll bet that's asking for a lot! Thank you!
How much money do you have? :lol:

You might want to talk to davewe personally if he's around. He's an older guy close to your age range and has done what you want to achieve.
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

So, you want to import some poor woman that will be ostracized by your xenofobic neighbors/culture? Why don't you move there? Maybe you can get a mailorder bride who will split once she has a greencard......
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Scubapilot wrote:Looking for advice about where or if to start!

Get the f**k out of the US of Gay.

50+ it would be difficult to find any chick in the Philippines that old. Go there and find a young one.