Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Where Should I Go?

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Where Should I Go?

Postby akonyo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:06 am

Hey all.

Long story short: I'm 29 with $2k/month passive income and $100k in the bank.

If you were me, where would you move to?
akonyo
Freshman Poster

Re: Where Should I Go?

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Come on. What a lazy post. If you want advice or suggestions, you gotta tell us more than that. More details about yourself. And photos would help too. Also specify what you want and what you're looking for.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Hero » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Winston wrote:Come on. What a lazy post. If you want advice or suggestions, you gotta tell us more than that. More details about yourself. And photos would help too. Also specify what you want and what you're looking for.

He doesn't want advice. He's just gloating about his good fortune. Trying to make us jealous.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:17 pm

Hero wrote:
Winston wrote:Come on. What a lazy post. If you want advice or suggestions, you gotta tell us more than that. More details about yourself. And photos would help too. Also specify what you want and what you're looking for.

He doesn't want advice. He's just gloating about his good fortune. Trying to make us jealous.

Wow Hero. You have a good knack for seeing through BSers and posers. You must be a good judge of people. That's cool. We need more of that around here.

Sometimes I'm too naive and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. And I use too much linear logic in trying to understand people too.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby cdnFA » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:30 am

Nothing he said is beyond belief and I am usually pretty skeptical and get shit on for it.

I'd vote for lazy and not a well thought out initial post. It would seem the more likely option as there are a lot more people who want everything handed to them on a platter and or post questions with out thinking them through then there are braggarts.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Postby akonyo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:16 am

Well, I'm not posting a face pic here, but I'll give a description:

5'6, white, good-looking face (so I'm told). I'm not socially awkward.

I prefer Asian women. I've been to Thailand (like the conveniences and the area as a whole, but don't like the looks of the women or the language barrier). I've also been to the Philippines (like the looks and personalities of the women, but hate just about everything else).

Do you know if it's possible to maybe pluck a girl from Phil and bring her over to Thailand?

Of course, I'm definitely open to other countries too.

Jealous of what? It took me 11 years of consistent hard work to get to this point. You could do it too if you commit to something and put in the work.

cdnFA wrote:Nothing he said is beyond belief and I am usually pretty skeptical and get shit on for it.

I'd vote for lazy and not a well thought out initial post. It would seem the more likely option as there are a lot more people who want everything handed to them on a platter and or post questions with out thinking them through then there are braggarts.

:D
akonyo
Freshman Poster

Postby livefreeordie » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:50 am

Congrats on your achievements, and I think its something to be commended and it sounds like you could share some good ideas for others.

Thailand left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so I doubt I will go back, and Ive just met up with a guy who runs a BPO here, and he is telling me you can find great talent here in the tech/I.T field on par with Australian talent in places like Davao. I would feel safer overall with money in the Philippines, and wouldn't feel the animosity and xenophobia i felt in Thailand.

This and other reasons, would have me suggest you travel to the Philippines, especially Davao and the less polluted areas like manila. If I was in your shoes, I'd build up my business using workers here, and focus in more on my passions while building up my passive income and enjoying a great lifestyle here. You could base yourself in a natural environment outside or near Davao city, and make forays and great adventures on a regular basis. Here there is diving, cheap wake-boarding, mountains to climb, pristine islands and nature. The internet can be patchy but its getting better and netcafes seem ok.

If you like really stunning Asian girls Cambodia is a place to check out, but there is a bit of a language barrier there and many of the English speaking girls are P4P.
livefreeordie
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:28 pm

akonyo wrote:Hey all.

Long story short: I'm 29 with $2k/month passive income and $100k in the bank.

If you were me, where would you move to?

You should give me all your money and f**k off to the moon.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby nomadphilippines » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:28 am

can go anywhere u want.... obv
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Postby Zambales » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:41 pm

akonyo wrote: I've also been to the Philippines (like the looks and personalities of the women, but hate just about everything else).

Out of interest, why do you hate the Philippines?
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Yohan » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:53 pm

akonyo wrote:Do you know if it's possible to maybe pluck a girl from Phil and bring her over to Thailand?

Of course, I'm definitely open to other countries too.

Yes, it is possible and some Western foreign men are doing this after their retirement. However in your case because of age (too young) I see visa related problems.

Thailand is not so much into welcoming foreigners for long-stay if they are younger than 50 y/o.
The financial requirement would be a bank deposit of USD 23.000,- (must be over THB 800.000,-)
Not easy to take her with you for long-stay if you are not married.

About other countries, Cambodia will offer a 1 year visa, however life there is nice for a visit, but it is getting boring soon.
If you have problems in Philippines (poverty, criminality etc.), you will find similar, even worse, problems of such kind also in Cambodia.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself