Still exploring what this is all about

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
wave_man
Freshman Poster

Still exploring what this is all about

Post by wave_man »

Hi all,

I recently moved to San Francisco. My career was uncertain and I made an unsuccessful business venture over the last couple years, so I didn't think much about romance for a while. Now that I have a good, steady job and am in my mid-30s, and I want to marry and start a family.

Trouble is, I am an introvert and have always struggled with romance. There is much spirited discussion here on the causes of this. I don't blame women, or the culture, or myself, but just recognize this is a fact. However, in my brief experience traveling, staying in hostels, and meeting people from around the world for reasons reasons, I have found that I connect with women from most countries much better than the US. On top of that, now I live in a city with a notoriously difficult dating scene and a lopsided gender ratio, and I find the atmosphere here to be emotionally cold. So, I am ready to "think outside the box" on this.

I don't have any desire to leave the country. I have a good job, my family is on the West Coast of the US, and whatever the country's flaws I consider myself a patriotic citizen. The best outcome is that I could meet a wonderful woman who will marry me and move to the US. Frankly, though, I find the financial and logistical challenges of this to be daunting, though a bit exciting too. And that much more so for her.

So, for now I signed up for the personals section and started chatting. Will one of those short introductory e-mails come from the next wave_woman?

Anyway, good to "meet" all of you, and may we all find success and happiness.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Still exploring what this is all about

Post by Zambales »

When I went to a country for the first time to meet a woman, I found it daunting but exciting too. Even though it didn't work out with her, I definitely don't regret going over.

Word of warning. Know the pitfalls and read about other guys experiences - good or bad, before embarking on this adventure.