Another new member

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
alaric
Freshman Poster

Another new member

Post by alaric »

Hello,

I've enjoyed the videos and the site. Thank you for putting this together. I'd like to participate in the community since I'm planning on moving to the Philippines, and perhaps other places as well. I think I need to just try some places out to see how it feels. I've traveled quite a bit around the globe, so I have my suspicions.

I would like to know if anyone can steer me in the direction of a community that is safe, and large enough for dating, and somewhat near a beach? Since most members here are on the same page, I'd be happy to listen to the advice of people about specific towns or neighborhoods.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Re: Another new member

Post by wanderlust »

Welcome to the forum Alaric, nice to have another member.

You've probably done more traveling than me so there's nothing I can really suggest. . .

If you're considering Rome, they had a pretty bad experience with Alaric the first time he came, so don't expect a warm welcome there :lol:

What other places were you thinking of? Put in your shoes, I'd be inclined visit several possible places, then settle on one of them.
alaric
Freshman Poster

Post by alaric »

I am thinking about Asia, since I've been there before and it seems safe. They women are very friendly there and I am ready for a big change in life. I want good times, good food and good friends all around me. Don't we all? Is anyone in Asia right now that can recommend a place? I keep hearing great reports about the Pinays and I don't think I can keep listening, it's time to go there and see if it's as good as I've been hearing all of my life...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

alaric wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 12:18 pm
I am thinking about Asia, since I've been there before and it seems safe. They women are very friendly there and I am ready for a big change in life. I want good times, good food and good friends all around me. Don't we all? Is anyone in Asia right now that can recommend a place? I keep hearing great reports about the Pinays and I don't think I can keep listening, it's time to go there and see if it's as good as I've been hearing all of my life...
It really depends what you are looking for because Asia can be very different from country to country. If you make a list of things in order of priority, guys can weight in on which country might be best for what you are seeking. Even then, you might find those countries quite different than other men when you visit, but at least you will have a starting point for your travels.

For what it is worth, I break Asia down into 3 categories:

High-end societies with high costs of living and very demanding women.
Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore

Mid-Tier cost societies with women who can be somewhat demanding depending on region and class.
Malaysia
Thailand
Taiwan
China

Low-end societies with affordable costs of living and mostly friendly and approachable women.
Philippines
Cambodia
Vietnam
Laos
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on October 29th, 2020, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore

Mid-Tier societies with women who can be somewhat demanding depending on region and class.
Malaysia
Thailand
Taiwan
China

Low-end societies affordable costs of living mostly friendly and approachable women.
Philippines
Cambodia
Vietnam
Laos
Let me add, it depends a lot of your own financial situation where you might try to stay long-time in Asia.
Further, keep in mind that many Asian countries are politically seen not very stable.
Be ready to leave immediately in case of troubles, keep an escape route in your mind, never bring your all money into such countries.

Japan, South Korea, Singapore - rather expensive, but possible to find a job and earn good money.

I would be careful about the future of HongKong however - but in case of a serious problem as a foreigner you can leave anytime.

------------------------------

Malaysia is not known to me to be so open-minded for women, Indian people are rather reclusive, Chinese are not so welcoming too and the Muslim population accepts Muslim men only...
Housing open to foreign ownership is overpriced, and not many jobs either...
Not so cheap compared to Thailand.

Thailand is easy for women, but working permits are a headache, a good place for long-stay only if you are 50+ and have your own money...

If you still have to earn some money for a living, China and Taiwan are easier than Thailand and Malaysia.
Future for foreigners in China somehow unclear...

-----------------------------

Philippines, Cambodia and Vietnam, it's OK if you have your own money, not so expensive.

About Laos, keep in mind, this country is not visa-friendly, except for short-time tourism.

----

At this moment all these Asian countries are not really open, plenty of restrictions because of Corona-virus.
Hopefully this will change in 2021. For 2020 no way for international travel.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Yohan wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore

Mid-Tier cost societies with women who can be somewhat demanding depending on region and class.
Malaysia
Thailand
Taiwan
China

Low-end societies affordable costs of living mostly friendly and approachable women.
Philippines
Cambodia
Vietnam
Laos
Let me add, it depends a lot of your own financial situation where you might try to stay long-time in Asia.
Further, keep in mind that many Asian countries are politically seen not very stable.
Be ready to leave immediately in case of troubles, keep an escape route in your mind, never bring your all money into such countries.

Japan, South Korea, Singapore - rather expensive, but possible to find a job and earn good money.

I would be careful about the future of HongKong however - but in case of a serious problem as a foreigner you can leave anytime.

------------------------------

Malaysia is not known to me to be so open-minded for women, Indian people are rather reclusive, Chinese are not so welcoming too and the Muslim population accepts Muslim men only...
Housing open to foreign ownership is overpriced, and not many jobs either...
Not so cheap compared to Thailand.

Thailand is easy for women, but working permits are a headache, a good place for long-stay only if you are 50+ and have your own money...

If you still have to earn some money for a living, China and Taiwan are easier than Thailand and Malaysia.
Future for foreigners in China somehow unclear...

-----------------------------

Philippines, Cambodia and Vietnam, it's OK if you have your own money, not so expensive.

About Laos, keep in mind, this country is not visa-friendly, except for short-time tourism.

----

At this moment all these Asian countries are not really open, plenty of restrictions because of Corona-virus.
Hopefully this will change in 2021. For 2020 no way for international travel.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

alaric wrote:
It really depends what you are looking for because Asia can be very different from country to country. If you make a list of things in order of priority, guys can weight in on which country might be best for what you are seeking. Even then, you might find those countries quite different than other men when you visit, but at least you will have a starting point for your travels.

Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore

Malaysia
Thailand
Taiwan
China

Low-end societies with affordable costs of living and mostly friendly and approachable women.
Philippines
Cambodia
Vietnam
Laos
Whilst I agree with this list, I don't agree that Japanese women are super-demanding. They seem to acquiesce to me based on the ones I met. I guess I have been fortunate because they look at me as an alpha male. It's the same chemistry I have with huskies on site, they approach me and look at me as superior to them.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 11:21 pm
alaric wrote:

Japan
South Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore

Malaysia
Thailand
Taiwan
China

Philippines
Cambodia
Vietnam
Laos
Whilst I agree with this list, I don't agree that Japanese women are super-demanding. They seem to acquiesce to me based on the ones I met. I guess I have been fortunate because they look at me as an alpha male. It's the same chemistry I have with huskies on site, they approach me and look at me as superior to them.
Japanese women are exceptionally sweet, but I think guys (Japanese or Western) who have been married to or in long term relationships with them might tend to disagree.

By the way, when I say demanding, I don't mean they are bit*hes with attitudes, I mean since they are from a rich country and are often very beautiful, they can demand only the the highest quality men for relationships. Married Japanese men routinely have to turn over all of their salaries to the Japanese wife to manage by custom. It does not get any more demanding than that....
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 11:21 pm
It's not that Japanese women are super-demanding, many of them are often remarkably modest.

However if you live in Japan, you will quickly notice, that this is not a cheap place for living. Taxes and social payments for obligatory insurances are by far the highest in Asia, almost the same as in Europe.

Rent, if you have still to work and you have to live in the larger cities, is really high - but as a foreigner you have nowhere else a chance to find a good employment - what can you earn as a foreigner in a fishing village on an island or in the forests in Northern Japan....?

Language might be another difficult situation to face for many who try to settle down here in Japan.
As I said in some comments before, some of my countrymen stay, but many left....Japan is not a place for everybody.

There is a good report about Japan of a member called everdred, worth to read it.
He spent a considerable time in Japan, outside of Tokyo in a small city...
I also wrote some comments about Japan in his thread.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29569
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Contrarian Expatriate and @Yohan, I wholeheartedly understand thank you.