Forum topics?

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
spearmint99
Freshman Poster

Forum topics?

Post by spearmint99 »

I am not sure what this forum is all about but I read an article at

http://www.happierabroad.com/Attitude_Fanatics.htm

and it said to comment about it in the forum. This hardly seems like a literary forum.
spearmint99
Freshman Poster

Re: Forum topics?

Post by spearmint99 »

spearmint99 wrote:I am not sure what this forum is all about but I read an article at

http://www.happierabroad.com/Attitude_Fanatics.htm

and it said to comment about it in the forum. This hardly seems like a literary forum.
Okay, I went to the home page and found out what it is about. I understand now.

I am a Brit who has been living in the U.S. 30 years and there is no lonelier, dysfunctional place to live that I can think of than the U.S. Everything in that article is true. Positive thinking is a disease here with no foundation in reality. It's pathetic actually.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Spearmind99,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for calling my attention to that mistake. I didn't update the URL's on that page. That page used to be hosted on this site before I moved it to my other one. But since that article is more related to this site, I guess it's more appropriate that this forum be used to comment on it.

How did you find that article?

So how would you compare Britain to the US in terms of social life and friendliness?

Some say the UK and the US are the same. Do you agree?

I have heard many say that in London, people are cold, in a rush and it's hard to meet anyone.

We have another British girl here. You can talk to her in her thread here and give your input on the questions raised about Britain:
viewtopic.php?t=7684
Last edited by Winston on November 18th, 2012, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster

Post by BellaRuth »

Hello Spearmind, I'm British too. But I still live here and haven't been to the US, yet!

I'll also be interested in comparisons between the two.
Winston wrote: I have heard many say that in London, people are cold, in a rush and it's hard to meet anyone.
I've just come back from London, it was only two days tho. I can't say what it's like to live there (though I know quite a few people who do live there, they absolutely love it and have great social lives, to be fair).

Well, as you know, I'm a bit of a country bumpkin. The busiest spots in London I found really overwhelming, it was as if everyone was on a treadmill, it was almost robotic. But I noticed there were loads of lovely spaces there that were much calmer.

Today for instance I lost count of how many strangers looked right at me and smiled nicely, just because it was a sunny day. Queuing up for the loos everyone was talking to each other. This was around Hyde Park. On the Tube though, everyone was minding their own business and no one talked or looked at each other. I guess it's a typical city? I think to live there you'd have a lot of opportunities of social interaction. There's always something going on.

I do love London and really recommend you visit it sometime if you can.