Hello...from the Philippines

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
baletetree
Freshman Poster

Hello...from the Philippines

Post by baletetree »

Except I'm a guy! If you want to know about Filipina women, feel free to ask me. And in return, help me fulfill my dreams of finding my Caucasian woman :p. My brother introduced me to this site and was inspired by Winston's story. Wish everyone the best of luck of finding their soul mate.

Glory Glory You'll Never Walk Alone
Glory Glory YNWA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

baletetree
Freshman Poster

Post by baletetree »

Oh, one more thing. There is a perceived stereotype here that American women love to divorce. But my mom's friend said that American men, and most Caucasian men are actually very caring husbands.

Confirm/Deny? :D
Glory Glory YNWA
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Hi Baletree. So, what is your story? And what are your goals concretely speaking? I just spent 10 months in the Philippines and am back in the USA.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
baletetree
Freshman Poster

Post by baletetree »

Early this year I met an American girl who taught kindergartan at a well-known Christian school a few distance from our city. I was attracted at her down-to-earth lifestyle, child-friendly countenance, and smiled a lot though she was no head turner. I participate in a ministry with urban poor children too so I thought we would click. But she was always suspicious of me. Whenever we chat in facebook she acted like a zombie. Conversations were mostly trite (limited to "yes", "no", "maybe") and uneventful.

One day I asked her out. She agreed that we go bowling on a condition that she would bring her friends. I agreed and also said I'd be bringing my friend too. But weeks turned to months until one day, so stupid of me, I asked her if we could go to a nearby coffee shop while our friends bowl so we can chat one on one. Suddenly, she went berserk! She said that she didn't want to get married (HUH?!) and asked me what WAS my true motive all along? I tried to calm her down. Then she said with finality "I'm not going with you" and un-friend (read: disconnected) me from her Facebook account.

I still met her in our Bible study a few weeks afterwards. I am quite amazed how she could still act being nice and friendly. And then two months later I quit attending. Not precisely because of her though, I have to record receipts in our business and I had to sleep early to watch Champion's League at an ungodly 2:30 am timeslot. Curse the time zones!

I don't regret losing her though. I felt more sympathy of Liverpool's extremely poor standing this year than pity myself for mishandling whatever brought up her drama. Besides if we lived as a couple I may not survive her regimented lifestyle. She sleeps as early as 9 and she'd definitely accuse me of womanizing every time I'd come home late from Jiu-jitsu practice (8 to 10 pm or later). Absolutely there'd be no sex life.

Our Cell Group leader planned to hold a party inside her house and at first she agreed. Then a few days later, she said that our party should be CLEANED up by 9 pm. And so, we decided to organize the party someplace else. Boo. I understand that she had to be in school as early as 7 am but shouldn't she decline when informed about the party? Everyone is working so obviously nobody could come as early as 7 or even 8 pm.

And if I'm not mistaken she also attends two or three Bible studies a week. I mean, I'm fairly religious but that is ridiculous. What for?

She's not my first white girl to ask out though. My first date was a Community Manager from London and she really had a great attitude. Yet we didn't click though because she was just a tourist, and didn't share a common faith. And I kinda regret it for being too particular about the latter. She now has a boyfriend and she has become like a big sister to me.

Right now, I'm still searching. I don't know where to look anymore. But I'm attending jiujitsu more often so I could have a beach body by summer...and hopefully go to Boracay to try my luck. Oh well...
Glory Glory YNWA
baletetree
Freshman Poster

Post by baletetree »

Despite my experience, I still haven't painted all American women with a brush. Our head pastor is a Filipino who got married to an American sometime in the Seventies. He was the son of a wealthy textile merchant whose business was seized (nationalized) during the Martial Law years, which left the entire family poor. This American lady spent their remaining money on raising organic cattle. She was brilliant in this business despite huge discomfort for my pastor until finally they were able to earn enough money to recover their losses and shifted to real estate.

And you know where this American woman came from? California - the citadel of liberalism we all despise.
Glory Glory YNWA
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome Baletetree.

Good to see another Asian bro here.

So how did your brother find this site? Was it through Pinoy Exchange? The folks there sometimes can be nice, but also arrogant and politically correct. Are most posters on there Filipino American?

I have some best friends in high school who were Filipino America too. They were also sort of misfits.

So you are a local Filipino? Have you ever been overseas?

I understand the fetish for Caucasian women. I used to have it too. You can write some through my dating sites here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/dating.htm

Eastern Europe seems to be where the friendliest white women are.

As to advice about Filipinas, maybe we can ask you:

1. How can foreigners find Filipina partners who are not from poor families that require us to support them? It seems to almost be a cliche - Filipina from desperate poor family in need of a financial savior marries a white foreigner. And the middle class girls prefer their own kind. How do you get around that?

2. How would you know whether a Filipina genuinely loves you or your money? What signs and clues would you suggest watching for?

Thanks and welcome!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah well for some reason, most American women resist relationships with men. Even if they have a lot in common with you, enough to be soulmates, they still pull away and can't explain why but give weird reasons.

The last girl I dated in America was like that too. I thought she was my soulmate. We connected in a way that I had never experienced. But something in her made her hesitate and pull away and kept making excuses. We made out but that's as far as I got. So, even in the best case scenario, I still lose. It's a no win situation.

But it's taboo to talk about it. You are only allowed to say that everything is great and everyone is friendly, or to blame yourself. You are NOT allowed to say that there is something wrong with women or the dating scene, no matter how justified and true it is. That's what makes society sick, when truth is a taboo.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's too bad that when you tell an American woman "I love you" that they don't react like this...

(see 2:40)

DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Winston wrote:It's too bad that when you tell an American woman "I love you" that they don't react like this...

(see 2:40)

Yeah, they usually react with disgust.

But anyway, welcome Baletetree. It is tough being a Liverpool fan now isn't it? With ownership issues (that were only solved when administration threatened) and deplorable performances - as a long-time Chelsea supporter, I don't envy you.

What I do want to know is exactly why you are not all that interested in the local Filipina women. I admit that I find it very unusual for a Filipina lad like yourself to look overseas for dates. Do they just not connect with you intellectually, spiritually, or emotionally the way that white girls have in the past? Or it is just a physical thing (i.e - preference for their lighter skin)?
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

baletetree wrote:Oh, one more thing. There is a perceived stereotype here that American women love to divorce. But my mom's friend said that American men, and most Caucasian men are actually very caring husbands.

Confirm/Deny? :D
Correct - Anglo women (not just Americans, although they might just be the worst) are divorce-happy. Anglo men also tend to be much better in relationships (though that's obviously not universal - we hear about Anglo women being with sociopathic guys all too frequently).
baletetree
Freshman Poster

Post by baletetree »

Winston wrote:Welcome Baletetree.

Good to see another Asian bro here.

So how did your brother find this site? Was it through Pinoy Exchange? The folks there sometimes can be nice, but also arrogant and politically correct. Are most posters on there Filipino American?

I have some best friends in high school who were Filipino America too. They were also sort of misfits.

So you are a local Filipino? Have you ever been overseas?

I understand the fetish for Caucasian women. I used to have it too. You can write some through my dating sites here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/dating.htm

Eastern Europe seems to be where the friendliest white women are.

As to advice about Filipinas, maybe we can ask you:

1. How can foreigners find Filipina partners who are not from poor families that require us to support them? It seems to almost be a cliche - Filipina from desperate poor family in need of a financial savior marries a white foreigner. And the middle class girls prefer their own kind. How do you get around that?

2. How would you know whether a Filipina genuinely loves you or your money? What signs and clues would you suggest watching for?

Thanks and welcome!
I don't know but I frequent to PEX most of the time. This site has lots of forums that discuss a wide variety of topics. Most arrogant and politically correct folks can be found in the politics section we call "Local and Foreign Issues" and in "Buhay Pinoy" (Pinoy Life). Religious and Atheist Fanatics clash at "Realm of Thought". You'd usually see heated debates in those forums, not to mention supremely racist people of their own...uh...people.

Let me guess...one of you bumped into a thread about Cheap Pinays? I can see your concern.

If you want to find good Pinays, the best place is in a church. I'd be blunt to say an Evangelical church or at least a high end Catholic Church because most middle class convene in those places of worship.

Speaking of ethnicity, your best bet is to look for Filipina-Chinese girls. Why? Because Chinese are raised differently. They don't want to depend on others and many of them have an entrepreneur mindset, if not professional such as doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. But watch out though, they may or may not be open for an interracial relationship. That would depend on the parents.

I am Filipino-Chinese too, btw. So I know. I have only been to China, Hong Kong and Thailand. I am dreaming to visit Europe someday but...sigh...not only is it expensive, but what are my chances of getting the girl I want?

If you're an atheist or pagan who is not comfortable in attending church service, you can try high end bars in Makati, The Fort, Eastwood, and Metrowalk (if you are settling in Metro Manila only). If you want to explore further, go to the bars in Boracay beach. We have to go there by plane though because it's an island. You can also try Cebu City, a bustling metropolis that is rivaling Manila.

The best sign is to look at her family. If they are destitute or have too many extended families depending on them, watch out. Consider her profession too.

(To be continued................)
Glory Glory YNWA
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The thing in the Philippines is that there are not that many white women. If you see white folks, it is mostly men. And still not that many. It is the same with Asian women or Filipina women in the US. There are some but not that many. Have you considered non Anglo white women?
I was in Eastern Ukraine in April/May and there are not enough guys there. The girls- many are blond, Swedish looking are marrying foreigners there. They marry Black Africans, Indians, Arabs. One girl told me- I hope a Chinese guy comes, opens a factory here and then marries me.
And those girls do not have unpredictable or inconsistent behavior.
Since the name of this site is Happier Abroad- are you considering going abroad?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
baletetree
Freshman Poster

Post by baletetree »

Why yes. But I'm also buying a property soon so I don't know if I could afford going abroad. Does Eastern Europe have an opening for English teachers?
Glory Glory YNWA
baletetree
Freshman Poster

Post by baletetree »

(...continued)

Speaking of girl, look for someone who is helping the family business, or is engaged in a profession. That's because you need someone to help you in your finances as well as take care of you and your children. Overachieving Pinays do compromise on her qualifications for a bf and husband-to-be. But also look at her personality too. If she acts a bit bossy then maybe she's not right for you.

In eating out, men are obligated to pay for dinner. She might refuse and ask for a dutch treat. Politely insist and she'd eventually say "Thank you".

Flatter her a lot. She'd appreciate it. Hehe.

They also love telenovelas (soap operas).

Speaking of English football, I'm not a strict Liverpool fan. I like their defense although it tends to wear out which gradually disintegrates when their opponents score a goal. Gerrard is the man as well as Kuyt but I want Fernando Torres to go. Anywhere, just get him out. Overrated nancy boy. And Roy Hodgson has to go as well. I thought the loss to Man United (which is also my favorite team) was due to poor morale. But the loss to Everton...I don't know, Liverpool lacks good forwards. They can't defend forever. I concur Hodgson was probably at a wrong time but my impression towards him is someone whom anybody can shove around.

Man United is not far from falling into Liverpool's predicament. I once saw their income statement which declared an 80,000 pound loss on operations. Midfielder Scholes and GK Van der Sar are about to approach retirement and Rooney confirmed that he will not renew his contract anymore. They have to borrow loads of money to buy more players.

Football tells beautiful stories whether in the boardroom or in the pitch. The massive crowds, the flags, the team colors, the chemistry among players, eccentric managers, they deliver an emotional high which most basketball-crazy Filipinos may not experience in the NBA Playoffs or Finals. But I digress...........

Glory Glory YNWA
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

baletetree wrote:Why yes. But I'm also buying a property soon so I don't know if I could afford going abroad. Does Eastern Europe have an opening for English teachers?
Yes, you can teach English there. But if you don't have a TEFL degree, the jobs available will be less. But many small towns will forego such requirements cause they don't have many candidates to choose from. When I was in a small town in Poland called Olsztyn, and hung out with my friend and his friends, very soon one of them offered me a job teaching English there in a British run school. It was a nice town, but there were skinheads drawing swastika signs everywhere and some of them confronted me at the train station, so even if I were looking to teach English there, I probably wouldn't choose that town.

You can learn more about teaching English overseas at http://www.eslcafe.com. There are jobs and trip reports posted there.
Last edited by Winston on October 21st, 2010, 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.