Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Greetings

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

Greetings

Postby ghostforever » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:55 pm

It's refreshing to come to a forum where most people appear to be on the same wavelength. I can definitely relate to Winston's life story and his overall analysis of life in America. At the very least, I would like to spend several months per year in other parts of the world, where the social scene is relatively sane. America has turned into a zoo -- nothing but a bunch of animals trapped inside cages. Considering the nature of most Americans, I consider it an honor to be a loner in this screwed-up social environment.
ghostforever
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm







Postby Winston » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:09 am

Amen to that. Welcome to the forum. So did you feel like a "ghost forever" in America?

The sheeple consider the awakened to be insane, while the awakened consider the sheeple to be insane.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby ghostforever » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:43 am

Winston wrote:Amen to that. Welcome to the forum. So did you feel like a "ghost forever" in America?

The sheeple consider the awakened to be insane, while the awakened consider the sheeple to be insane.


Ghosting is the most suitable lifestyle for me, at least when I am in the United States. I have become one of those people who minimize social contact and do not engage others whilst out in public. My reluctance to be "open" in America can be attributed to the constant negative reinforcement that I have received throughout my lifetime, beginning in kindergarten. Most Americans are rude, crass, condescending, abrasive, and judgmental. While not every American is this way -- and not everyone overseas is exceptionally pleasant -- I reckon that most countries in the world are more conducive to friendliness, openness, and respectfulness. Even at university, I felt more "at ease" around foreign students than I did around my fellow [sic] Americans. For once, I could be myself without fear of being judged for every move I make, and every word I say. That makes a world of a difference.
ghostforever
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 am

Definitely. In most countries overseas you can be yourself. Things flow more naturally and smoothly.

What part of the US are you from?

I've been told that most of the dysfunction and craziness is in California though. Isn't that true? That is where you find the most eccentric people and f*** ups isn't it? I wonder why that is. In comparison, the rest of the US is more down to earth right?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby ghostforever » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:54 pm

I am from the northeastern part of the U.S. There are plenty of crazies and sociopaths in this region, particularly in major cities like New York and Washington D.C. The police state is also heaviest here, based on my experiences.

I've been to California on three occasions: First in 2006 (Bay Area, Sac, and down to LA); then in 2008 (Yosemite, Mono Lake, and Lake Tahoe area); and then earlier this year (LA, San Diego, and several beach towns in-between). California is one of the most messed-up states in the union. When I crossed into CA from NV the other year, I was stopped at the state line and asked to open my trunk. The state authorities searched my rental car for contraband, didn't find anything, and sent me on my way. When I re-entered the U.S. via Tijuana on my most recent trip, I was interrogated and searched extensively by U.S. Customs at San Ysidro while everyone else (mostly Mexicans or Mexican-Americans) passed through with ease. While on a bus between LA and SD, police pulled over a few young men and searched them for between 30-45 minutes. They went so far as to stick their hands down the backside of their pants; it was pretty graphic, and I had to look away. This was around San Clemente. The social scene out there was hit-or-miss. In Long Beach and Oceanside, I had several people greet me in the streets, as sometimes happens in relatively friendlier places like the Carolinas. On the opposite end of the social spectrum was L.A., where the level of rudeness was similar to that of NYC. Even people working in customer service positions were unnecessarily hostile. The women were stuck-up, but then again, I have found AW to be bitches all over the country. The worst women seem to be in the Anglosphere (U.S., Canada, U.K., and Ireland -- haven't been to Oz, NZ, or RSA yet); it sucks that you have to learn a second language to meet quality women because the English-speaking world is mostly devoid of them. The best part about So-Cal is its proximity to Mexico. If I were living in So-Cal, I would take countless bachelor trips to Baja California, even if it meant subjecting myself to the inordinately intrusive treatment that I often receive while crossing international borders.
ghostforever
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:46 am

ghostforever wrote:I am from the northeastern part of the U.S. There are plenty of crazies and sociopaths in this region, particularly in major cities like New York and Washington D.C. The police state is also heaviest here, based on my experiences.

I've been to California on three occasions: First in 2006 (Bay Area, Sac, and down to LA); then in 2008 (Yosemite, Mono Lake, and Lake Tahoe area); and then earlier this year (LA, San Diego, and several beach towns in-between). California is one of the most messed-up states in the union. When I crossed into CA from NV the other year, I was stopped at the state line and asked to open my trunk. The state authorities searched my rental car for contraband, didn't find anything, and sent me on my way. When I re-entered the U.S. via Tijuana on my most recent trip, I was interrogated and searched extensively by U.S. Customs at San Ysidro while everyone else (mostly Mexicans or Mexican-Americans) passed through with ease. While on a bus between LA and SD, police pulled over a few young men and searched them for between 30-45 minutes. They went so far as to stick their hands down the backside of their pants; it was pretty graphic, and I had to look away. This was around San Clemente. The social scene out there was hit-or-miss. In Long Beach and Oceanside, I had several people greet me in the streets, as sometimes happens in relatively friendlier places like the Carolinas. On the opposite end of the social spectrum was L.A., where the level of rudeness was similar to that of NYC. Even people working in customer service positions were unnecessarily hostile. The women were stuck-up, but then again, I have found AW to be bitches all over the country. The worst women seem to be in the Anglosphere (U.S., Canada, U.K., and Ireland -- haven't been to Oz, NZ, or RSA yet); it sucks that you have to learn a second language to meet quality women because the English-speaking world is mostly devoid of them. The best part about So-Cal is its proximity to Mexico. If I were living in So-Cal, I would take countless bachelor trips to Baja California, even if it meant subjecting myself to the inordinately intrusive treatment that I often receive while crossing international borders.


Well in defense of low paid Customer Service employees in a culture where the Customer Is Always Right, we have low paying jobs and Customers with entitlement problems. However with that said, more often than not you'll get decent to very good Customer Service here, its our culture. In some countries they have NO CONCEPT of this, at all, Russia/Ukraine being one of them.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby ghostforever » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:16 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
ghostforever wrote:I am from the northeastern part of the U.S. There are plenty of crazies and sociopaths in this region, particularly in major cities like New York and Washington D.C. The police state is also heaviest here, based on my experiences.

I've been to California on three occasions: First in 2006 (Bay Area, Sac, and down to LA); then in 2008 (Yosemite, Mono Lake, and Lake Tahoe area); and then earlier this year (LA, San Diego, and several beach towns in-between). California is one of the most messed-up states in the union. When I crossed into CA from NV the other year, I was stopped at the state line and asked to open my trunk. The state authorities searched my rental car for contraband, didn't find anything, and sent me on my way. When I re-entered the U.S. via Tijuana on my most recent trip, I was interrogated and searched extensively by U.S. Customs at San Ysidro while everyone else (mostly Mexicans or Mexican-Americans) passed through with ease. While on a bus between LA and SD, police pulled over a few young men and searched them for between 30-45 minutes. They went so far as to stick their hands down the backside of their pants; it was pretty graphic, and I had to look away. This was around San Clemente. The social scene out there was hit-or-miss. In Long Beach and Oceanside, I had several people greet me in the streets, as sometimes happens in relatively friendlier places like the Carolinas. On the opposite end of the social spectrum was L.A., where the level of rudeness was similar to that of NYC. Even people working in customer service positions were unnecessarily hostile. The women were stuck-up, but then again, I have found AW to be bitches all over the country. The worst women seem to be in the Anglosphere (U.S., Canada, U.K., and Ireland -- haven't been to Oz, NZ, or RSA yet); it sucks that you have to learn a second language to meet quality women because the English-speaking world is mostly devoid of them. The best part about So-Cal is its proximity to Mexico. If I were living in So-Cal, I would take countless bachelor trips to Baja California, even if it meant subjecting myself to the inordinately intrusive treatment that I often receive while crossing international borders.


Well in defense of low paid Customer Service employees in a culture where the Customer Is Always Right, we have low paying jobs and Customers with entitlement problems. However with that said, more often than not you'll get decent to very good Customer Service here, its our culture. In some countries they have NO CONCEPT of this, at all, Russia/Ukraine being one of them.


In my experience, customer service is only good when a tip is expected, and even then it's not a guarantee. For the record, I am not one of those "ugly Americans" who are overly demanding and bitchy. Maybe people treat you better because you're better-looking than I am. I have noticed that I am usually treated substantially worse than other people being served. It's blatant discrimination, only I have no recourse because I am not a member of a protected class in this country for which my grandfathers sacrificed their lives.
ghostforever
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Greetings

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 pm

ghostforever wrote:It's refreshing to come to a forum where most people appear to be on the same wavelength. I can definitely relate to Winston's life story and his overall analysis of life in America. At the very least, I would like to spend several months per year in other parts of the world, where the social scene is relatively sane. America has turned into a zoo -- nothing but a bunch of animals trapped inside cages. Considering the nature of most Americans, I consider it an honor to be a loner in this screwed-up social environment.


Yup, and most people don't even know they are living inside a cage with an OPEN door.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am


Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest