Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

hi

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.

hi

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:53 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Kameron K. Brown, and, I know this is a little late, but It's Nice To Meet You All! Here are some things about myself (positive):

I am a Sonic the Hedgehog fan (the first Sonic game came out the day after my 4th birthday: June 23, 1991. My birthday is June 22) and have been since the beginning. I know that may open me up to ridicule, but oh well.

I am also a fan of anime, my favorite being Dragon Ball Z.

I like reading manga. So far my favorites are those that I have in my current collection (they're all based off of video games, with one exception): Rockman X4 (Megaman X4's Japanese name; the manga is 100% Japanese; I can not understand a word, based off of one of my all-time video games of the same name), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (based off of the Nintendo 64 game of the same name with ties with Megaman X4 as my all-time favorite video game), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Megaman ZX (based off of the Nintendo DS game of the same title), and the final volume of Dragon Ball Z.

Another thing I like is playing video games: My favorites are as follows:

1) Mega Man X4 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (two-way tie)

2) Mega Man X5 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (two-way tie)

3) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles (a little known fact about Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles: Originally, Sonic 3 was meant to contain all of the levels that Sonic & Knuckles had, but the game could not be finished in time, so it was split into two: SEGA was forced to release the games seprated due to time constraints and cartridge prices. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the complete version of Sonic 3. Another little known fact about Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Originally, Sega hired pop sensation, Michael Jackson to compose the music in the game, but Jackson had a lawsuit surrounding him, so the idea was scrapped. However, the music has some similarities to Jackson's work, as the chiptunes in Sonic 3 were based on music sheets from Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson's album Dangerous was released a few years before Sonic 3 and would be the basis for the chiptunes on Sonic 3.

Brad Buxer confirmed that some of Michael Jackson's work is in the game .

Here are some examples:

Marble Garden Zone: If "Thriller" is player over the zone's music, it seems to fit.
Carnival Night Zone: One part sounds similar to "Jam"
Icecap Zone: Sounds [only very loosely] like a sped-up version of "Who Is It?", with chord progressions similar to those in "Smooth Criminal".
Ending Credits: sounds very similar to "Stranger in Moscow", but this could be a coincidence, as the song wasn't released until 1996).

I like watching movies too. My favorites are:

1) Swimfan

2) Fatal Attraction

3) The Longest Yard (with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock)

4) Independence Day

5) Space Jam

Well, that's enough about me. Now it's your turn...

I figured that I should post something positive about myself, so I shall do so.

I am also an artist, but since I can't access a site that I have my work on, I will give you all the address to my page, and tell you how to find my works:

mocospace.com/mephiles_the_dark

and go to photos, and look for a folder called "My Art".
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby Woman'sview » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:44 pm

the_hero_of_time, Hi and welcome to Happier Abroad Forums. Looking forward to reading your posts.
Woman'sview
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:21 am

Welcome. So what got you interested in this site and forum? You didn't mention that, or in your interest in this movement.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Winston wrote:Welcome. So what got you interested in this site and forum? You didn't mention that, or in your interest in this movement.

Well, Mr. Hu, I am interested in this site and movement because for one, the quality of most, if not all, American women has been subverted by the modern-day feminist movement. Also, due to that mindset, American women are taught to fear, hate, disrespect, and/or look down on all men. It also teaches American women that marriage is a bad thing. As a man with traditional values, that particular false doctrine/anti-doctrine of modern day feminism disturbs me the most. I am a traditional man with traditional values. As such, I want to get married and have children. Also, I want to join this movement because I am basically nonexistent to American women, like you were once upon a time.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby ssjparris » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm

welcome my friend,

i love LINK. great avatar. i especially like him as an adult. ocarina of time was my all time favorite. if i was an elf then i would be link.

you called winston Mr. HU. now that is funny. the name is winston, winston HU. LOL. :lol:

very glad to meet you love having like minded people all in one place. foreign women are definitely the way to go. all the guys are virtually ingored. i country is really seriously F'd up. ah well. there are better places to be in the world. so cool beans.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:53 pm

ssjparris wrote:welcome my friend,

i love LINK. great avatar. i especially like him as an adult. ocarina of time was my all time favorite. if i was an elf then i would be link.

you called winston Mr. HU. now that is funny. the name is winston, winston HU. LOL. :lol:

very glad to meet you love having like minded people all in one place. foreign women are definitely the way to go. all the guys are virtually ingored. i country is really seriously F'd up. ah well. there are better places to be in the world. so cool beans.

You say that you love Link, yet you don't know that he's not an elf, he is a Hylian, and that pic is of Link from Twilight Princess with the Magic Armour on. lol haha but yeah Thanks for your response. I agree that foreign women is the way to go.
Last edited by The_Hero_of_Men on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby odbo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:25 am

there's no acting hard here but you sure sound like a nerd with that intro! :shock:
girls, at least until recently, saw playing games as totally unattractive 'trait' for a guy. everything in moderation. especially good natured ones versus some psychopathic first person shooter.. and i don't believe that you should refuse to play just because you reach a certain age
however you should try to grow up. retarded development is a big problem in the us. a 25 year old from the US is like an 18 year old from a 3rd world country. and many people stay man-childs for the rest of their lives in the US.

also materialism, consumption, is an addiction and video games is part of this. if you're a collector, ya, you're wasting your life.
remember you were playing games because you were little and didn't have anything better to do. now they're you are grown up go out and do them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKBRG_QgEAM[/youtube]

you should go abroad. a lot more fun things to do out there. rent here is too dam high and laws are too dam strict. you can't fart without breaking some law. people are too uptight and scared to live. ya sure hollywood will tell you life here is great fun. and it is if you consider working like a dog just to pay for your rent, car insurance, medical insurance fun.. no one questions how a cops salary can pay for a fancy apartment right on the beach like cobra has. :roll:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VD2fNnFMgU[/youtube]

everything fun has been made illegal by feminazi's in the us. for example if their stupid kid fell off a roller-coaster because they were acting like a cretin, a mother from basically any country on earth would cry and accept it. but if it happens in the US, UK, Australia or Canada, the mom goes on a crusade, appearing on multiple news channels, and the story ends with her successfully banning roller coasters in that state. fast-forward 35 years since that sort of thing started happening and the quality of life is at an all-time low. safety standards up the ass are great, but people need to unwind once in a while.

that's not to say that your life should revolve around entertainment. which it does for many here. that's another way to stupify society or lose your soul worrying about nothing but how to fund your next race car or ski trip. but life can't be all work, even if you're chasing a dream. there needs to be reminders of your inner child.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Postby Jackal » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm

LinuxOnly wrote:girls, at least until recently, saw playing games as totally unattractive 'trait' for a guy.

Once I told my students in Hungary that I was going to teach them a lesson about video games and the biggest groans of disapproval came out of them. I was surprised how little they were interested in videogames. Only the fat boy who stuttered took much of an interest.

People here still find interacting with other people more exciting than interacting with machines. I think people in poor countries in general aren't crazy about video games.

But I occasionally play some computer games to relax.

If you find a computer game which has audio or text in a foreign language, it can be a great learning experience. I think there are many Russian audio patches for games for those of you who want to learn Russian.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Videogames are my thing, but I'm not like one of those hardcore gamers. As I'm currently in college, I am more focused on my studies.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby Mr S » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Yeah, I would get off Video games if you can or at least only play them occasionally. When i was a teen and early to mid twenties I was addicted to role-playing video games that would take weeks and sometimes months to complete. I finally realized that they are only a diversion in my life and stop me from accomplishing things.

Find more create hobbies where you learn a skill or something, it will be much more rewarding in the long run...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby keius » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:15 am

World of Warcrack :)
That game was addicting....but it killed my addiction to gambling so it might've been a good thing.

You're pretty jaded for someone so young. Usually it takes a couple years of actual dating and dealing with the opposite sex before the realization hits.
Your personal description sorta reminds me a bit of myself when i was just starting college. I still read manga and watch anime...occasionally.

Anyway, as you are still in college. This is a great time for you to learn some helpful languages if you ever intend to travel :)
keius
Freshman Poster

Return to Introduce Yourself